Sign in to follow this  
Torkmastaflex

Remove achievement script

I don't see the point in having these achievements. The Mod already has plenty of scripts and this one can be annoying when it tracks 50 people and running every time someone is "wasting time" or "grave robbing". I'm not saying 100% it causes lag, but it doesn't benefit reducing lag either.

I don't see the point in having these achievements. The Mod already has plenty of scripts and this one can be annoying when it tracks 50 people and running every time someone is "wasting time" or "grave robbing". I'm not saying 100% it causes lag, but it doesn't benefit reducing lag either.

The Mod is currently running 5 or 6 loops, that's it. We're looking to reduce them even more, but the achievement one is not causing any additional lag and we're at a point where the performance is almost optimum.

Also note, that the achievement script is not being run on the server, only on the client, which is why it's not creating lag for the other 49 players on the server when you're "Graverobbing".

We have less loops in the basecode than private hives have in their missionfile, so if your server is experiencing desync, do not blame it on us, blame it on the server-Admins as they're mor than likely not running the original code and that is what is stressing the server.

Try it out on a Vanilla-Server, such as US3480 or US388, you will notice that the performance is extremely good.

EDIT: Not to mention the issues evolving out of running the wrong Beta-Patch, as there was a problem with the cleanup due to the deleteVehicle command not working on the 112555 Beta Patch - if the server's not updated to the newest version (124879) you will experience severe desync.

Please note, that the Beta-Patch are not in our hand and not distributed by us, they're dealt with by Bohemia.

Edited by kichilron