cuartas

Q3 Starts on July, Q2 development balance?

I didn't realize untill checked roadmap again that Q2 will end in just 11 days!!
Looks like Q2 development balance is not good when you see that the only thing working according to their roadmap is "Protoype Animalist"
No "Ragdoll", no "AI Pathfinding", no "64-bit", no "Persistent Objects", no "Advanced Weather Effects" and no "World Containers" yet.
So, just 1 check in the list.

I know, roadmap it's an estimative, I had a long discussion with some users in steam forum, but damn, this is too far from what I expected.
I hope 0.46 brings a lot of things (a "BOOM" update as hicks called it)

I'd want to know your thoughts.

Edited by cuartas
  • Like 7

If you aren`t prepared to handle the consequences of an Alpha I suggest you play something else

• Like 4

IB4 Alpha

Fake edit: Too late.

I agree with most of what you said but I also do realize that lumps have to be smoothed out and that takes more time. Fingers crossed everything gets sorted and released soon?

• Like 1

If you aren`t prepared to handle the consequences of an Alpha I suggest you play something else

Sorry but no, I'll keep playing dayz, but that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion, and I guess I have a valid point here

• Like 9

Sorry but no, I'll keep playing dayz, but that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion, and I guess I have a valid point here

You didn't give an opinion, you whined.  Big difference

is there any of that horse left to flog ?

• Like 7

You didn't give an opinion, you whined.  Big difference

Where exactly, can you quote it?

Where exactly, can you quote it?

Looks like Q2 development balance is not good when you see that the only thing working according to their roadmap is "Protoype Animalist"

No "Ragdoll", no "AI Pathfinding", no "64-bit", no "Persistent Objects", no "Advanced Weather Effects" and no "World Containers" yet.

So, just 1 check in the list.

I know, roadmap it's an estimative, I had a long discussion with some users in steam forum, but damn, this is too far from what I expected.

Look, I don't get why this is whining, it's a lie that they're too far from roadmap acomplishment?.

Even better, what's the "correct" way to explain the point of this thread?

And it's too hard to give your opinion about this?

• Like 1

So, they aren't exactly keeping up with their roadmap, sorry but that is never actually mean't to be taken fully serious. Roadmaps are just guides to what to expect or foresee of what might the game look like in the future. BTW August would be Q3 not July.

Edit: Of course you would say their lying, goes to show how bright you are in the meaning of roadmaps. xD

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

So, they aren't exactly keeping up with their roadmap, sorry but that is never actually mean't to be taken fully serious. Roadmaps are just guides to what to expect or foresee of what might the game look like in the future. BTW August would be Q3 not July.

Edit: Of course you would say their lying, goes to show how bright you are in the meaning of roadmaps. xD

first.

http://gyazo.com/228a5e2c7ab312b5b1502482d44ed14f

second

Roadmap was not placed in stone, I know (again) but they're not even close of this estimative and that's not the goal?.

This brings even more questions, for example, features for Q2 will delay Q3 features or, are they able to reach beta at the end of the year?

Edited by cuartas
  • Like 2

General rule, from what I've learned in the tech industry for almost 20 years. Take whatever schedule the s/w guys give you, and double it, and make it twice as expensive. Typically, they have no understanding of how to create and keep a schedule. Luckily, most people know this, and don't really expect the programmers to make the schedule. It stinks, but I think most programmers have a class in undergrad that details how to blow up projects by missing key deadlines. It's not something that comes easily, but they power through and usually succeed at it.

Also, as a general rule for everything DayZ SA, whatever you are seeing in-game is a placeholder and will be replaced in the future. 

• Like 7

General rule, from what I've learned in the tech industry for almost 20 years. Take whatever schedule the s/w guys give you, and double it, and make it twice as expensive. Typically, they have no understanding of how to create and keep a schedule. Luckily, most people know this, and don't really expect the programmers to make the schedule. It stinks, but I think most programmers have a class in undergrad that details how to blow up projects by missing key deadlines. It's not something that comes easily, but they power through and usually succeed at it.

Also, as a general rule for everything DayZ SA, whatever you are seeing in-game is a placeholder and will be replaced in the future. 

This made me chuckle after a god awful night at work, you have my beans, It's really the perfect statement.

ration it out buddy this game aint never going beta 

Lol, you really don't know anything do you?  

clearly not but your my new forum hero so please enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge ..do you have some sort of publication i can subscribe to ??

or maybe you can take me on a ride along with you one day and show me all the wonderful thing you know aside from bludgeoning a poor developmental horse to death with something everyone who ever log into to play the game already knows 

• Like 4

clearly not but your my new forum hero so please enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge ..do you have some sort of publication i can subscribe to ??

or maybe you can take me on a ride along with you one day and show me all the wonderful thing you know aside from bludgeoning a poor developmental horse to death with something everyone who ever log into to play the game already knows 

Hmmm, for starters go look at BiS's track record and see how many games they just stopped.  

And for your second part, apparently not everyone knows how to read otherwise they would have heeded the warnings that were blaring out at them prior to clicking the purchase button.  Capisce?

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Hmmm, for starters go look at BiS's track record and see how many games they just stopped.  

And for your second part, apparently not everyone knows how to read otherwise they would have heeded the warnings that were blaring out at them prior to clicking the purchase button.  Capisce?

upon looking at BI record it seems primarily all they do is make expansions for existing  BI titles so there good at working with what they already have so with that why has dayz become such a slow process to meet the roadmap as the OP stated ... considering as far as i know the inventory and graphics are all thats different from what existed in the mod and the bulk of whats to be implemented has been done in the mod ... could it be that the project is far bigger than they anticipated and might not ever eventuate fully ... there is a though just like the OP ask for not the bog stock alpha remark  

Development of any application; business, gaming and the like very rarely runs alongside the roadmap 100% and typically when they do they are buggy as anything ( Battlefield 3 or Total War Rome 2 anyone??)

That aside this latest patch was flat. Sure AKMs are great, helicopters great apparently but survival mode additions will be mostly unused while I can acquire beans and other food stuffs while looting. I can only guess that over the coming maintenance releases the canned foods etc will become harder to find. Also there are bugs with losing dropped items, Mosin and the Atlas bipod and those annoying items missing errors should have been ironed out before release alpha or no alpha. Its just sound development process.

...but survival mode additions will be mostly unused while I can acquire beans and other food stuffs while looting. I can only guess that over the coming maintenance releases the canned foods etc will become harder to find. 

Not sure why having more or less canned goods will make a difference. No matter whether you hunt animals or hunt cans, it's a time sink. Neither will be that hard, as that isn't the object of the game. I think many players 'say' they want it to be a hard survival simulator where you fight elements and disease and all sorts of that stuff. But I also think that if the PVP diminishes by a large percentage, and we have to spend hours running around looking for a bottle of vitamins, then the player base will disappear rapidly. I don't care who you are, the only time you have adrenaline flowing in this game is when you encounter and interact with other players. Seeing that bunny hopping doesn't cut it. Neither does crawling for hours to find some sticks. The nature of this game will only allow it to be successful as a PVP-centered game. 

• Like 1

dean himself said he had to question whether he wanted to do this with the whole warz saga and i can totally understand why as it seems the same thing is happening here ... have a new town have a new gun to keep the majority of the community happy while other things are worked out ... but i woul like to throw it out there a SURVIVAL MMO that took 6 months to implement making a fire in game if thats the case it will be a very slooooooow process 

This one is so pretentious, such a zealot. Coming from the robot avatar im not surprised he shot an acid-dipping "ALPH33EERRR!!!!!!!" comment FIRST chance he got. Anyway OP I agree to a point, if the DayZ devs had any idea of what a realistic schedule would look like or how to set goals that could be achieved within a reasonable timeframe we wouldnt be here. On the reverse side it is notoriously difficult to development on time nevermind ahead of schedule. I hope the pace picks up, as I'm sure everyone else here does if the content is held to the same standard as we've seen. Best of luck to them, I hope that with all the recent milestones and additions both to the team and to the game we will see even greater things to come. 

so there good at working with what they already have so with that why has dayz become such a slow process

Read the news. They are reworking the entire engine, rebuilding entire parts of the structure of how the engine works, just for this game. Its not the mod, its not reskinned ARMA. Its not an expansion.

• Like 2