Khanarac

Weird weapon shaking in 0.45

1st Issue:

So...did you try shooting a zombie with a LRS mosin at about 500 meters? It's almost impossible. The character wont stop shivering and moving the crosshairs left and right uncontrollably. It's a nightmare, really. I tried it while prone, with a bipod, and I was not exhausted. Still the phenomenon remained. What do you think, bug or feature?

2nd Issue/ halfrelated rant: Also they unfortunatly did not fix the flawed weaponzoom with ironsights, though they claimed their introduction in 0.44 was a mistake. Remeber how it was before 0.44? The ironsights took a larger chunk of your screen. Since 0.44, you can see a large part of the Buttstock in ironsights mode, making no sense whatsoever. The characters eye needs to get closer to the ironsights again...  :(

• Like 2

Does this mean they have fixed now the random dispersion of the weapons and added sway in replace? or now we have both?

well people who need to git gud never know about this DayZ feature "hold breath", once you bind a key to it, you can shoot straight for hours.

• Like 1

if it was smoother i feel as thought i wouldnt be an issue but its really laggy when it sways

1st Issue:

So...did you try shooting a zombie with a LRS mosin at about 500 meters? It's almost impossible. The character wont stop shivering and moving the crosshairs left and right uncontrollably. It's a nightmare, really. I tried it while prone, with a bipod, and I was not exhausted. Still the phenomenon remained. What do you think, bug or feature?

You may have a fractured arm my friend, even if there is no indicator. Might be a hairline fracture.

2nd Issue/ halfrelated rant: Also they unfortunatly did not fix the flawed weaponzoom with ironsights, though they claimed their introduction in 0.44 was a mistake. Remeber how it was before 0.44? The ironsights took a larger chunk of your screen. Since 0.44, you can see a large part of the Buttstock in ironsights mode, making no sense whatsoever. The characters eye needs to get closer to the ironsights again...   :(

You could always adjust your FOV.

• Like 2

You may have a fractured arm my friend, even if there is no indicator. Might be a hairline fracture.

I used the splint on my limb and my extreme shaking stopped.

It turned out something was wrong with my chracter arms but I just didyn't know.

• Like 2

I used the splint on my limb and my extreme shaking stopped.

It turned out something was wrong with my chracter arms but I just didyn't know.

Yeah sometimes it's hard to tell. But in my experience, more often than not, a splint or morphine will do the trick.

Yeah sometimes it's hard to tell. But in my experience, more often than not, a splint or morphine will do the trick.

Thank you magic sticks!

You could always adjust your FOV.

Bollocks, to both. Try it yourself. 2x Splints even though there was no prior fracture don't lie.

Please, for all time. Stop asserting stuff and lecture me. I am an insane person with abou t900h of playtime, I know when my arm is fractured. Go and test it yourself please.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

Bollocks, to both. Try it yourself. 2x Splints even though there was no prior fracture don't lie.

Please, for all time. Stop asserting stuff and lecture me. I am an insane person with abou t900h of playtime, I know when my arm is fractured. Go and test it yourself please.

My weapon was shaking like crazy, I've used the split and it stoped shaking.

Lewl. You obviously had a arm fracture. My aim is completely fine, also, bipod doesn't work on the Mosin anymore. So, GG you liar.

• Like 1

The doctor diagnoses a fractured arm, or incessant pain.

Try a splint, morphine, and/or pain killers.

....No, the doctor is wrong. Also its not realistic sway when you only sway left and right, and not up and down too.

• Like 1

I tried it while prone, with a bipod, and I was not exhausted. 

Bipod was removed from the mosin. Lewl.

• Like 1

BIPOD WAS REMOVED LOLOLOL 

YES EXCEPT FOR EXISTING MOSINS YOU BRAINIAC.

I fucking hate people on this forum. Stupid assertions and uninformed opinions, and only a tiny fraction of people responding to any thread. I heard Sacriel reported this issue too and deemed it unacceptable, hopefully his voice will be heard. I hear he knows Dean personally.

Freaking log in, pick up a LRS mosin and shoot an idle zombie at higher ranges, tell me how enjoyable it was.

• Like 2

BIPOD WAS REMOVED LOLOLOL 

YES EXCEPT FOR EXISTING MOSINS YOU BRAINIAC.

I fucking hate people on this forum. Stupid assertions and uninformed opinions, and only a tiny fraction of people responding to any thread. I heard Sacriel reported this issue too and deemed it unacceptable, hopefully his voice will be heard. I hear he knows Dean personally.

Freaking log in, pick up a LRS mosin and shoot an idle zombie at higher ranges, tell me how enjoyable it was.

Completely fine tbh. Other than it swaying left to right instead of also going up and down, it's completely manageable.

Still got the bipod and compensator...dident notice anything YET. Will test later today.

Both me and my friend noticed extreme left to right sway. If this is a precursor to proper weapon sway, then this excites me.

My previous post was before playing the current stable build, & as of now I had a 3hour session on it last night.

What I've gathered is that yes, weapon sway has been added & only effects you when you come to a complete stop after running or jogging for an extended amount of time. Otherwise, if you're not out of breathe, & have remained perfectly still, no sway at all. & I actually LOVE this feature. Players will actually need to start conserving energy, & will think twice before running a marathon through Chernaraus, given that any moment can turn into a combat scenario.

For what it's worth, I wasn't incorrect. It just may have not pertained to your situation.

But you simply cant call this sway realistic. With an AKM and a placed bipod, it should be no problem to hold your aim steady. But after this patch, a hit at a range of 200m+ is pure luck... I understand that there is a realistic sway when standing or crouching, but with bipod? Doesnt make sense to me, hope they change it...

• Like 3

this is a pretty terrible patch for snipers, me and my sniper buddy cant hit targets with LRS for like 200m, as for that matter, 100 sometimes, on my screen i litterally sway about 10cm back and forth after a small jog, not in game cm, but as if i were actually waving my mosin around for no reason.

• Like 3

why cant we just have a simple hold gun with accurate movement ?

wtf is wrong with people stop adding extra shit trying to be realistic in a apocalyptic zombie video game :lol:

1st i wanted 1:1 movement arma 2 aiming and such in mod was easy to get right though so it worked. now we got sways this and that you cant even get a bearing on just simple movements accuratly why is this so hard to understand ?

i move my mouse the cursor goes to where i want with no over shoot or under shoot that is all. thanks.

waits for the vietnam veteran whos carried a ak for 9 months through thick jungle with mud in the barrel you just dont get it kind of response, :rolleyes: trying to justify simple just works over stupid attemps at making realism which detracts from actually just playing without thinking and enjoying what you doing.

stop trying to be clever make it simple and make it work.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1