Sign in to follow this  
cejota14

Gutting Animals

So today I killed a Deer, because I was hungry and when I tried to gut it...I couldn't.

2hXSrzy.jpg

I tried with my axe, I tried with my saw, I tried with my can opener, I tries with my bayonet, I tried with my machete. NOTHING worked! So my question is...What in the name of beans do I need to gut a fucking dead animal? The poor bastard died in vain! :'( I feel so guilty

ro8Wdxm.jpg

• Like 1

I was gutting with combat knife and kitchen knife just fine. Try those.

• Like 1

Hmm, probably a glitch since I used to gut animals with a machete... Will have to test it out.

machete does work, unless its ruined. I played alot of experimental and the place you have to 'be looking' on the animal for the skinning option to appear is very, very small. Just crouch down with the machete out and scan over the whole animal and eventually you will see a skinning option appear.  

I was gutting with combat knife and kitchen knife just fine. Try those.

I guess I now have to run into a city and find one of those...still is weird I can't cut open a dead animal with a hatchet or a bayonet (which is pretty much a knife)

machete does work, unless its ruined. I played alot of experimental and the place you have to 'be looking' on the animal for the skinning option to appear is very, very small. Just crouch down with the machete out and scan over the whole animal and eventually you will see a skinning option appear.

I used to gut them with the machete as well on the experimental, but for some reason it does not work on the stable right now :(

PS.

That was on experimental, on stable guttting may be broken.

• Like 1

If it is indeed broken I would issue a report ticket because it was working fine in exp with any blade (not axes).

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

What in the name of beans do I need to gut a fucking dead animal? The poor bastard died in vain! :'( I feel so guilty

Knives.

Kitchen knife makes a bad cut, Bayonet…still a bad cut but better than the Kitchen Knife…Combat Knife Makes the best cuts.

Enjoy!

I skinned a cow today with my machete. Just crouch and keep looking around while scrolling your mouse wheel until the option pops up.

I hope it doesn't stay this way...

If you were hungry enough you could just rip their entrails out with your bare hands. It should be an option, just take longer and get badly damaged meat.

• Like 2

Knives.

Kitchen knife makes a bad cut, Bayonet…still a bad cut but better than the Kitchen Knife…Combat Knife Makes the best cuts.

Enjoy!

Already tried bayonet and it didn't worked

I hope it doesn't stay this way...

If you were hungry enough you could just rip their entrails out with your bare hands. It should be an option, just take longer and get badly damaged meat.

This is actually a very good idea

yep its broken i killed 2 deers 1 pig and 1 boar and i couldn't gut any of them when i start gutting nothing happens and the only option i get is cancel current action. i used machete on all of these animals. it used to work all the time. but now its just broken

Broken for me too, weird it only seems to affect some people. I have tried boars, cows, and deer using kitchen knives, and machetes. It says I have started skinning, and never finishes. I have to eventually cancel action.

just cut up a pig with machete on stable

Someone hide this post before Shrub Rocketeer sees it... a violation against pigs is like declaring war with him.

There is a glitch in the current build with gutting, keep on trying and it should work. (edit: not with a bayonet though)

Edited by ricp

Since the addition of F11 killing yourself action, that's how you need to start any action. F11 with the correct tool (ie knife,rags,ect) and scroll wheel down to skin animal,  make splint, use splint, and others

I couldn't skin anything a few days ago, like some people here it would start the action and then I'd only be left with the 'cancel current action' option.

Apparently if you start and then immediately cancel and then restart again it'll work but I haven't tried.

I am a sixth grade school teacher, but I am also a butcher. You can get meat off with something as crude as an axe. Hell, clear the pelt and you can strip muscle groups with your hands.

But those perfectly trimmed and cut strip steaks require a nice knife and a steady hand.