jumpingpea

Server list broken

Hi my name is jumpingpea, and I just bought Dayz from steam for $30. I was so exited to play, but when I clicked the button to play no servers popped up. I though this was odd so I hit the back button. My buttons then froze. I could move my mouse, but nothing would click and the only way to fix this was to log out then back in. I tried this several times, and no matter what button I clicked it froze, and no servers showed up. Please help me.... I feel like I just wasted $30 on this game because I can even play it. I understand that it is in alpha, but I was expecting to at least be able to play. I would have put this in bugs, but there was no button to post a new thread so I put it here.

Edited by jumpingpea

Make sure you have selected "Internet" as Location in your serverbrowser at the top left, as you will not be able to find any servers otherwise.

Other than that, make sure to change your filters, so it filters for a ping higher than 100, preferably either 0 or 99999.

Make sure you have selected "Internet" as Location in your serverbrowser at the top left, as you will not be able to find any servers otherwise.

Other than that, make sure to change your filters, so it filters for a ping higher than 100, preferably either 0 or 99999.

I am on internet, and I put my filter to 1000 and still nothing

Make sure your firewall didn't block DayZ.

how do I check that?

Which firewall are you using?

AVG

Open AVG interface.

Look for something that says something along the line of 'blocked' or 'unrecognized' or 'sandboxed', then click that.

Have a look around.

Change properties as necessary.

Open AVG interface.

Look for something that says something along the line of 'blocked' or 'unrecognized' or 'sandboxed', then click that.

Have a look around.

Change properties as necessary.

i dont have an AVG interface and the only option I have under firewall is to disable... (which I dont really want to do)

AVG does have a User Interface, but I can't tell you how to open it.

Luckily, this is easily searchable. Either in AVG's documentation, their forums or just by plain Googlin'.

AVG does have a User Interface, but I can't tell you how to open it.

Luckily, this is easily searchable. Either in AVG's documentation, their forums or just by plain Googlin'.

It finally works. thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate it.