Sign in to follow this  
themilkybandit

General timeline on fixing scripts

Just a light hearted question here since I have perused around the forums looking for related topics and haven't really found anything.

Is there any sort of timeline for implementing VAC or any other anti-cheat system into the game as of yet?

Currently in the last week I have seen around 30+ script kiddies running around, and another 3 more today in the first five minutes of playing, after which I gave up on playing today. :)

I'm just curious as to if there is a set time in which any of this will be fixed, since it seems as if it is becoming more common for players to download these cheats and use them. 

So yeah. Not looking for people to rage about lost gear, I personally am indifferent to this now, having happened to me so many times. But ultimately my question is. Will all of this be resolved soon or will it be more towards the full release of the game?

who knows... it might be the end of days and still there won't be a solid cheat stopper!

Hello there

VAC and BE are already implemented. Stopping "hacking" is an on going work in progress.

An analogy is this.

Imagine a game as a boat and "hacking" scum as the Sea.

Normally when a game is launched its like a fully built ship, there may be a few doors that dont quite fit and a few leaky pipes but its pretty much seaworthy.

BE and VAC are like the anti Pirate a measures and the engineers stooping any leaking.

This open Alpha phase is more like the skeleton super structure that has been dumped in the sea which floats but is so full of holes and the sea is getting in all over.

But the devs have the plans and are plugging the gaps as they go along. Theyre also ripping parts out which will allow more seawater in while they replace the bits.

BE and VAC are doing their job, but they cant cover all the bases to a great extent until the ship is complete.

This is very simplified but rest assured VAC and BE are both working well

Rdgs

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

Hello there

VAC and BE are already implemented. Stopping "hacking" is an on going work in progress.

An analogy is this.

Imagine a game as a boat and "hacking" scum as the Sea.

Normally when a game is launched its like a fully built ship, there may be a few doors that dont quite fit and a few leaky pipes but its pretty much seaworthy.

BE and VAC are like the anti Pirate a measures and the engineers stooping any leaking.

This open Alpha phase is more like the skeleton super structure that has been dumped in the sea which floats but is so full of holes and the sea is getting in all over.

But the devs have the plans and are plugging the gaps as they go along. Theyre also ripping parts out which will allow more seawater in while they replace the bits.

BE and VAC are doing their job, but they cant cover all the bases to a great extent until the ship is complete.

This is very simplified but rest assured VAC and BE are both working well

Rdgs

LoK

ARRRRRR! (insert eyepatch and hook here)

love the analogy ;) NomNoms 4 you!

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

Thanks for responding. 

Is there anywhere that we as a community can keep up to date with current progress on how much the anti cheat is covering? Since i'm assuming they have to patch up these gaps in security through battleye and VAC when these new scripts come out. Really not sure how this process works, but it feels as if most of us are in the dark because there is no set place we can check. Changelog, per say for the anti-cheat system. :D Anyways, thanks again, even as vague as it was;)

Thanks for responding. 

Is there anywhere that we as a community can keep up to date with current progress on how much the anti cheat is covering? Since i'm assuming they have to patch up these gaps in security through battleye and VAC when these new scripts come out. Really not sure how this process works, but it feels as if most of us are in the dark because there is no set place we can check. Changelog, per say for the anti-cheat system. :D Anyways, thanks again, even as vague as it was;)

Nope ;)

Think about what you're asking for a second.

VAC/Battleeye Advertising the fact that they monitor for certain exploits is pretty much akin to a cop approaching drug/arms dealers and saying "id like to buy some drugs'n'guns please, so i can arrest you."

I'm all for transparency in a lot of ways, but when it comes to something of this nature, transparency defeats the entire purpose.

• Like 2

Hello there

As Chroma points out the Anti Cheat systems wont blithely announce their inner workings.

We do receive hints and tips from BE though, for example they recently let us know an existing hack is no longer possible.

AFAIK VAC say nothing.

See? BE is good :)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

As Chroma points out the Anti Cheat systems wont blithely announce their inner workings.

We do receive hints and tips from BE though, for example they recently let us know an existing hack is no longer possible.

AFAIK VAC say nothing.

See? BE is good :)

Rgds

LoK

And yet I still see the same scripters everywhere. :|

No matter how many they stop.. there will always be hackers. Name me a popular game that doesn't have hacks.. Doesn't exist.

And sometimes its not a hack.. its a glitch abuse. There is a lot of glitch abusing at the moment in this game.

And yet I still see the same scripters everywhere.  :|

What you're seeing is not scripting. Scripting is not possible in DayZ anymore.

So to answer your question about a timeline for fixing [scripts]. It's been done for months now.

• Like 7

I wonder how you know that they are scripters?

:)

What you're seeing is not scripting. Scripting is not possible in DayZ anymore.

So to answer your question about a timeline for fixing [scripts]. It's been done for months now.

What else would you call it? Hacking? Cheating? Pretty much the same principle.

What else would you call it? Hacking? Cheating? Pretty much the same principle.

Well for one that doesn't know the difference between scripting and hacking. Perhaps. For those that do know the difference, it's fundamentally different. But this is a multiplayer game. There will always be hackers just like any other multiplayer game. We can try to reduce the numbers, and that is what we're actively doing, but you can't "fix" hacking per se.