haknslash

Per Hicks: BattleEye now issuing bans for those who delete/alter PBO files

anything what makes life of pain for cheaters is great news for me, I hope they also ban server admins who have private gear farm servers and then go and kill honest players with max gear loadouts what they get from cheating

Has been happening for a while already.

Now, that the cat is out the bag:

Remember all the people screaming all of a sudden abotu a month ago that they were banned after being kicked for GameHack #140? This was what was happening and most of them were admitting to having done that, but couldn't see the reason why it'd be a banreason.

Justice

• Like 19

So does this mean nobody can hack to have infinite ammo and whatnot? Or is it just for some hacks?

I'd imagine the latter anyway there's probably some way to do some hacks but at least it's a lot more difficult for them.

Now either they're kicked out of the community or have to show everyone how pathetic they are at the game without cheating :D

So does this mean nobody can hack to have infinite ammo and whatnot? Or is it just for some hacks?

I'd imagine the latter anyway there's probably some way to do some hacks but at least it's a lot more difficult for them.

Now either they're kicked out of the community or have to show everyone how pathetic they are at the game without cheating :D

It fixes the PBO file exploit. For awhile BE wasn't detecting alterations to PBO files, so people would go in and delete/modify the files so everything that wasn't the ground or players was invisible and didn't exist to their game. So they could walk/see/shoot through trees, fences, and buildings.

• Like 1

If this is true  then many players soon will be buying new copy of DayZ.

• Like 2

Cant wait, now if only it could detect if any of the script was changed!!  Screw these guys..they are ruining the game and its getting worse now!!

Cant wait, now if only it could detect if any of the script was changed!!  Screw these guys..they are ruining the game and its getting worse now!!

The devs or the hackers? If they've fixed this PBO thing not sure how it's getting worse...

There probably always will be a couple of hacks there but I'm sure most will be ironed out or detectable and bannable upon full release.

Ban for PBO tampering, fix rubber banding, fix zombies with navmesh.....slowly but steady people, we are getting there!

• Like 3

Hello there

As we move along the most common "hax" will be fixed but there will always be some. hacking tends to diminish in popularity ease of acheiveability.

As we move along the development and as games like h1n1 grab the casual players youll find the hacking issue will drop off quite a lot IMHO.

Rgds

LoK 

• Like 7

If this is true  then many players soon will be buying new copy of DayZ.

why do think its number 3 on steam top sellers again :lol:

• Like 3

Remember all the people screaming all of a sudden abotu a month ago that they were banned after being kicked for GameHack #140? This was what was happening and most of them were admitting to having done that, but couldn't see the reason why it'd be a banreason.

Justice

im still taste theyr salty tears ;)

• Like 1

The devs or the hackers? If they've fixed this PBO thing not sure how it's getting worse...

Obviously im talking about the Script kiddies getting worse.  Has the PBO fix been put in yet, i dont think so.  So therefore it is getting worse, have you been taken back by the new script that allows a player to not be seen and take all the gear off of you.  Like ive said along, if the source code was in fact stolen or peeked on when DayZ and these guys got hacked the scripting will continue to grow and get worse.  

i was making a comment wishing that battleeye could detect any change in someones script vs the script they are suppose to have for the game.  I think stuff needs to stop being open source.  Screw custom crosshairs and other things.  Lock the script and keep it simple.

Obviously im talking about the Script kiddies getting worse.  Has the PBO fix been put in yet, i dont think so.  So therefore it is getting worse, have you been taken back by the new script that allows a player to not be seen and take all the gear off of you.  Like ive said along, if the source code was in fact stolen or peeked on when DayZ and these guys got hacked the scripting will continue to grow and get worse.  

i was making a comment wishing that battleeye could detect any change in someones script vs the script they are suppose to have for the game.  I think stuff needs to stop being open source.  Screw custom crosshairs and other things.  Lock the script and keep it simple.

Hello there

Remember the studio knows what stuff that was "stolen" and therefore will/should be able to realise  different ways of achieving similar results.

I cant envisage the guys just throwing their hands in the air and saying "oh well they got it, nothing we can do here"

The fact they announced they had the code has most likely done them more harm than good IMHO.

The stolen code saga will most likely result in delays and a waste of funding and manpower which will only affect us the end users.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

addition: Also, dont think that cheaters rebuying the game swells BI's coffers.

The have to pay guys to tackle the hackers/cheaters, this must outstrip the perceived benefits of making cash from resales.

L

Hello there

Remember the studio knows what stuff that was "stolen" and therefore will/should be able to realise  different ways of achieving similar results.

I cant envisage the guys just throwing their hands in the air and saying "oh well they got it, nothing we can do here"

The fact they announced they had the code has most likely done them more harm than good IMHO.

The stolen code saga will most likely result in delays and a waste of funding and manpower which will only affect us the end users.

Rgds

LoK

While i understand your comment, and agree with the most basic points of your post.  Of course they wont throw their hands in the air and quit, but i do see it being way more challenging then just saying "Ok so they got this, that means we do this" without having to completely re-tool their angle.  

The scripting has in fact gotten much worse in the last month.  Its to easy for these guys now with what they have.  I just dont see how they can handle the scripting in a timely manner.  They seem to have alot on their plate right now, in terms of fixing buildings with no roofs, zombie rabbits, ambient noises, wanting to streamline ammo.  

I just personally feel they should hunker down and knock out one thing at a time.  Its been along time, so what they are doing already doesnt seem to be the most efficient.  Might as well change their angles.  Fix the shoddy base and stop trying to add more content in along with other towns.  Why would you give me a new toy to play in a muddy sandbox with.  Its just going to get lost in the sauce.  Damn the bows, damn the hunting, damn the vehicles.  Fix what you have now before ruining all these pipeline ideas due to shoddy build.  Once again its obviously just my opinion but we have already been waiting awhile and have no problem waiting longer.

The game is still selling like hotcakes at a fat camp, i would just like them to change their scope for the time being and see what they can get done when they focus on one instead of all these other ideas that in my opinion should be beta things anyways.

Happy Hunting!!

Hello there

They could close their doors and go closed alpha and only release Milestone builds i suppose, but then feedback might be less and youd have to be prepared to wait a looooooong time to see Patches.

Remember you have different teams working on different aspects of the game who will achieve goals at different stages thats why you get "hats" frequently etc as they are a simple pipeline of work and have little impact on the greater game.

Im simplifying greatly but the hunker down and "fix" things just doesnt work that way.

The "base" IS what they are working on now. But there's no need to shut down the Map designers corner of the office. It just doesnt make sense.

I see exactly where you are coming from so, im not belittling you in any way but the way they are doing it now is fine. Not for everyone admittedly  but it works.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

They could close their doors and go closed alpha and only release Milestone builds i suppose, but then feedback might be less and youd have to be prepared to wait a looooooong time to see Patches.

Remember you have different teams working on different aspects of the game who will achieve goals at different stages thats why you get "hats" frequently etc as they are a simple pipeline of work and have little impact on the greater game.

Im simplifying greatly but the hunker down and "fix" things just doesnt work that way.

The "base" IS what they are working on now. But there's no need to shut down the Map designers corner of the office. It just doesnt make sense.

I see exactly where you are coming from so, im not belittling you in any way but the way they are doing it now is fine. Not for everyone admittedly  but it works.

Rgds

LoK

No worries about me feeling hurt or what not lol!!

I understand and concur...Painfully..... ;)

• Like 1

No worries about me feeling hurt or what not lol!!

I understand and concur...Painfully..... ;)

Hello there

Cool and groovy, I just wanted to be clear as I know I can come across as being somewhat pompous etc in text

I too want "stuff fixed" but at least we know stuff is being done and at a great rate unlike some other "z" games I could mention.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 4

Justice

This code game hack 140 was for a completely different thing not the pbo exploit,it had zero to do with pbo files..

This code game hack 140 was for a completely different thing not the pbo exploit,it had zero to do with pbo files..

Gamehack #140 was about using ramdrive. It has very much to do with the .pbos because you move them in ramdrive to get faster loading. Maybe hackers also modified files in there or something dunno. I think saying #140 had zero to do with .pbo files isn't right.

Gamehack #140 was about using ramdrive. It has very much to do with the .pbos because you move them in ramdrive to get faster loading. Maybe hackers also modified files in there or something dunno. I think saying #140 had zero to do with .pbo files isn

It has zero to do with it trust me...

It was for both the RAMDISK (which you weren't banned for) and this.

And - how do you know?

• Like 1