Sign in to follow this  
Shrub Rocketeer ™

Server Reporting System (How can it be improved)

I try to talk about this but my topic is lock so I look on the link for reprt and is only a list of other sites to go so then I need to go again in the game find out what company make the server and then come back here to find the correct company then go to this company and make a report????

but I am honest gamer, why I am running around to make YOUR GAME clean up? why don't game maker help us to keep this cheats away? please don't lock because I am not making admin abuse report but try to talk about making a good system to help everybody, help us honest player have a no pollute game, help game maker to have control of their game and help server company so guys don't abuse the system and make them look like idiot.

maybe we can have one stop sytem on game official forum we put info here and somebody who works for game maker does the check and then contact with the server maker and TOGETHER WE STOP CHEATING SERVER

anybody have ideas to help us ?

• Like 2

This topic has been reopened.

The OP is suggesting that the devs create a more user friendly way to report servers that are in violation of the terms of service.

• Like 2

Why not "ingame"?

All hosters must report their IP-Ranges to BI

Then have a button "report" in the details window of the server browser.

You can choose from different preset reasons (Invalid name, forbidden rules in server name, etc.) or set your own one.

And a free text of course. Some are easy to check (regarding server names), others must be handled by the hosters the way they do it normally.

Maybe (more difficult) make that button interact with steam, so you can attach screenshots you took?

• Like 1

I agree totally with this!

I just joined a server where it states your character will be auto killed and wiped from the hive if you join. I had nothing to lose anyway so i joined. Once in, it states that any KoS/PvP will get you auto killed and banned from the server. The Server details are below if you want to take a look.

AnalAxe Clan

217.23.3.159:2702

Edited by Spikér

a simple first step would be for the server title+description to be auto-appended to the server provider's records each time the description was changed

so they would have a record of it included with the account details

this should at least get rid of all the "join=kick" and "private server" messages, etc.

this is not a solution, but it would clean up the server listings (at least)

xx

• Like 1

Why not "ingame"?

All hosters must report their IP-Ranges to BI

Then have a button "report" in the details window of the server browser.

You can choose from different preset reasons (Invalid name, forbidden rules in server name, etc.) or set your own one.

And a free text of course. Some are easy to check (regarding server names), others must be handled by the hosters the way they do it normally.

Maybe (more difficult) make that button interact with steam, so you can attach screenshots you took?

yes this is a good idea what you make in the server browser screen a simple report button you press it type what happens and all the information is there when you have the problems happen after you were kick by bad admin etc and you don't need to leave the game and spend 30 minute online detective

also YOUR information from steam account is recorded by this system so will be ZERO TROLL doing report for stupid reasons like to make problems for enemy admins who are LEGAL BANDITS because if you shout for the wolf too many times and there was never a wolf they stop to believe what you say.

great idea is need some details from the devs and after maybe testing but I think you have mad e great idea what can help us to fight admin abuse what is happen everyday and is pollution of great game dayz we need to tell rocket about this maybe in the morning and begin to make this happen not just an empty dream

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™

I'm all for ease of reporting but what it comes down to is the actual GSP's doing anything or being forced to actually do anything when the actual report is submitted. In game report button or whatever would be a good step.

Seems like a good time to introduce this now since the count of server is not really decreasing like password protected servers.

• Like 1

Seems like a good time to introduce this now since the count of server is not really decreasing like password protected servers.

yas

is alpha time now is the good time what is for try new idea and see what is working the best. Come on rocket help us to make dayz fair game for all honest and a bad place for cheats, stop to ignore a problem what ruin many customer experience and make an experiment on experiment build to finish admin abuser FOREVER