Sign in to follow this  
gaerteuth

Some guns should spawn with mags in them

Think of it this way.

If someone left their gun behind in the apocalypse for you to pick up later (I don't care how it got there, they could have died, dropped it and ran, etc),

surely they would not keep their magazine without the gun, or vice versa.

Now, not all guns would spawn with mags, obviously, but at least some should. For a multitude of reasons, which I'll explain here.

Reasons

The first reason would be to help players defend themselves a little bit earlier in the life cycle of their character. You find a gun with a mag, now you have the ability to defend yourself, simple as that. A server in which mags are rare will inevitably lead to monopoly, or end in server hopping to get the mags you want.

The second reason would be more related to the intro statement. It's simply very likely that if someone left their gun, the ammo would be in close proximity to the gun. Perhaps not inside the gun, but nearby. 

Implementation

Any given gun would have a 33 percent chance of spawning with a magazine in it.

Any given gun would have a 17 percent chance of spawning with a magazine in close proximity, but not in the gun.

Any given gun would have a 50 percent chance of spawning with no ammo nearby at all.

Any given magazine found will have a random amount of ammo inside it. (currently, mags are always full).

Probably not the best put together suggestion, but I couldn't find this particular topic in the titles of the "Similar Threads" and felt it should be expressed.

• Like 5

i did not ready much, but i agree. beans for you

i totally agree.

only problem would be that if someone comes along that already has that gun he will just take the "free magazine"

maybe they can solve that problem by making the loot respawn system like that if the magazine gets taken, a new one will spawn after a x minutes

I think I also suggested this in another topic. It's unrealistic that every gun you find doesn't have a magazine. I mean someone somewhere must have left or dropped a gun with a mag in it and some bullets. Also maybe later on if possible we could find military equipment on those infected soldiers we sometimes see around. Like radios, bullets and maybe a pistol or something.

• Like 1