Sign in to follow this  
Damnyourdeadman

Craftable Tents

In DayZ tents have a special room in the hearts of the Mod players.

They could be set up in any flat surface,and work as a means of loot storage.

We are not far early from seeing the first ones make it to the next experimental patches for SA.

Yet unlike the mod,naturally i would expect them to be able to be picked up and redeployed again

in a diferent position if a player wishes.Additionally,and most importantly players should be able to

craft their own improvised tent from leather pelts.

stan_en.jpg

Possible Recipe (purely fictional)

Leather pelt x2

Wooden sticks

Aswood stick

Rope

Depending on the animal pelt(boar,cow,goat,etc),it would be cool if we had diferent variants.

Also,another good idea would be to change the tent to your desired colour,using the spary-paint cans.

So,what you think?

Feel free to express your opinions. :)

Edit:Title and minor grammar changes

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 10

I am pretty excited about tents, mostly because it will change the way the SA is played drastically.

Also, if I remember correctly, you were able to replaces tents in the mod too.... it just had to be empty.

I totally agree with the poster.

The only reason why i'm still playing mod are tents. Tents change the game feeling drastically.

It makes so much more fun with tents because you practically don't loose everything when you die. Most people like me will store as soon as possible things in tents so you can go there if you die and equip yourself with basic things like something to eat, drink and an axe.

Soo please bring in tents =)

Then it will be fun again to play Standalone.

I cant wait for tents :D

And i think its a good idea to both give us regular tents and craftable tents, much like we see with the backpacks.

We should also be able to move it around, with a small chance og damaging the tent, when we pack and unpack it.

I just want to steal tents from Balota. Hide them in the forest and slap some camo netting on.

• Like 1

I assume tents would be a form of permenant storage, I can't wait for the day when restarts are mega rare

I was right,it seems we are coming very close in terms of tents implementation.

Theese are models leaked from the data files.

q0vLexo.jpg

hgBC41E.jpg

With the implementetion of industrial ones,i really hope the devs support craftable ones as well.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 2

Besides giving us a place to call home and set up a camp, it will make paper notes useful.

You could leave a message on a note inside a tent.

It can be a bad evil note or maybe a friendship offer that turns out to be a trap, who knows, but it would give the game a whole new dynamic.

Example:

Hello Fellow Survivor,

My name is Tiggy and I am very sick and need antibiotics.

I hope you are friendly and can help me.

I'm willing to trade a 75 drum mag or binoculars for some antibiotics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Tiggy

Keep the drum mag and binos I have all I need.

I left you some antibiotics inside my tent.

I've been out here for several days and feeling lonely, maybe we can meet up and do some hunting and looting together?

regards .....

or a coat of Leather pelt with a nice boar head hat  :thumbsup:

There definitely should be craftable tents and shelters.

For example rope, Ash wood sticks, and a tarp could create a shelter known as a "bender" (by bending green ashwood sticks into a dome and chucking a tarp over the top). 

Definitely agree. Considering that the game is largely based on survival, crafting a shelter should definitely be a priority. Multiple crafting recipes would be nice, also.

waterproof tarp + rope.....works great IRL

id rather have a dark green tarp than a huge grey tent

Edited by anarky321

waterproof tarp + rope.....works great IRL

id rather have a dark green tarp than a huge grey tent

I agree,that's why i included the ability to change the tent's color in my suggestion.

Also,another good idea would be to change the tent to your desired colour,using the spary-paint cans.......

Crafting tents and painting them [camo] would be very useful! The other day we were raoming with my boys on some persi server and we easily spotted out the shiny blue one on the side of a hill. Ofc we robbed it,but if it were painted to camo,we couldnt even see it. So yeah...

Bump for good idea

Tents could be made as they are in a game like The Forest

in The Forest you run into a group of tents near the plane and can't pick up or use any of them -_- very frustrating