Sign in to follow this  
outlaw1198

What happened to utes

in the early devblog they were discussing putting utes of the coast near skalisty island. I was wondering what happened to this idea or what stopped it from happening 

Hello there

Utes is an Island land mass.

Its easier to be clear in text than "meme" btw. It often not as hilarious as one may think.

Rgds

LoK

Utes would be perfect for Chernarus+
The most loot, the most dangerous place (considering only hardened players will get there, and it'd become the mod's NWAF), the hardest place to get to, no place to put a camp (for long).

what are you on about?

Obscure cultural reference lost on an obviously younger or international audience. For anyone who watched movies in the early 90's you'd know exactly where this comes from and why it's funny in this context. FYI the number of people who get this quote are going to far eclipse the number of people who know the significance of Utes in the greater DayZ/Arma lore.

Hello there

Keep it on topic please.

Rgds

LoK

If they're still adding Utes (I've heard conflicting things, neither from the Devs) they won't add it till boats are in, since there'd be no way to get to it.

arma_2_island_locations.jpg

If it's done to scale it would be waaaay out to sea. That would be a heck of a swim, similar to swimming from Berezino to Elektro.

I didn't mean to take things off topic with Utes vs Youts - I was using a play on words that I'd expect many others would have though, as in, "What are utes?" I should have used a much smaller meme or no meme at all perhaps...

arma_2_island_locations.jpg

If it's done to scale it would be waaaay out to sea. That would be a heck of a swim, similar to swimming from Berezino to Elektro.

I didn't mean to take things off topic with Utes vs Youts - I was using a play on words that I'd expect many others would have though, as in, "What are utes?" I should have used a much smaller meme or no meme at all perhaps...

where did you get that image? I have never seen it before. Also they had the island in the devblog about 1km of the coast.

Edit: found the devblog 

Edited by outlaw1198

where did you get that image i have never seen it before also they had the island in the dev blog about 1k of the coast

Hello there

The map is part of the Arma "cannon" and should not really be treated as "gospel as DAYZ doesnt exist in any official Arma timeline.

That maps been kicking about for years.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Utes is an Island land mass.

Its easier to be clear in text than "meme" btw. It often not as hilarious as one may think.

Rgds

LoK

True however in this case it was hilarious

• Like 1

where did you get that image? I have never seen it before. Also they had the island in the devblog about 1km of the coast.

Click on it - I linked it to where I found it. If you google it there's a few other places it pops up in the various Bohemia lore or unofficial wiki/info sites.

lol " did you say youts??" was the first thing I thought of too.

• Like 1

I heard through the grape vine its not added because of the lack of boats or a way to get from there to the coast easily. as of now if it was added it would be quite a long swim. not sure if you've done any swimming but its fucking boring and your toon moves at a snails pace seems like it takes 20min to swim 100M.

Hello there

The map is part of the Arma "cannon" and should not really be treated as "gospel as DAYZ doesnt exist in any official Arma timeline.

That maps been kicking about for years.

Rgds

LoK

Torchia confirmed that DayZ exists in an alternate ArmAverse.

Try destroying my canon now, LoK!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Utes was originally in the pre alpha of Standalone.  I swam there.

However it was taken out - whether this was to redo it or make an island completely from scratch we'll have to see.

Utes was originally in the pre alpha of Standalone.  I swam there.

However it was taken out - whether this was to redo it or make an island completely from scratch we'll have to see.

How far out was it/how long did that take? It certainly would be cool to have some difficult to access places

How far out was it/how long did that take? It certainly would be cool to have some difficult to access places

watch the video a few posts up. It shows utes in it just off the coast of skalisti. probably about 1.5-2km?

• Like 2