Sign in to follow this  
Bushmills

Wooden splints that can break when you run

Hello,

Congrats to the devs for the wonderful 1.8.1!

I can't wait 1.8.2 to be able to use wooden splints and here's a suggestion :

I see the String item more often than morphine.

So wooden splints are easier to craft than finding morphine.

So a wooden splint should have some probability of breaking when a player sprints or jumps over an obstacle, breaking the bone again and causing blood loss or knock out from the pain.

What do you think ?

Edited by Bushmills
  • Like 1

Id have to check but if we have a chance to create enabled for that object. We can add a chance they snap during the creation of them.

If you can run....why would you need a splint? Surely use of a splint suggest the leg is broken and in no fit-state to run on/

If you can run....why would you need a splint? Surely use of a splint suggest the leg is broken and in no fit-state to run on/

Just the fact the mod has a lot of limitations within the arma engine.

Otherwise more things would be possible with a different outcome. That's why the Standalone was developed originally from the mod.

If you can run....why would you need a splint? Surely use of a splint suggest the leg is broken and in no fit-state to run on

Similarly, morphine is not a logical/realistic solution for a broken bone nonetheless you're perfectly alright after using it.

My point is to make splinters a more uncertain solution to broken bones as strings are easier to find.

We can add a chance they snap during the creation of them.

I love this^^

Just the fact the mod has a lot of limitations within the arma engine.

Otherwise more things would be possible with a different outcome. That's why the Standalone was developed originally from the mod.

What I meant was, if your character has splints because their leg is broken...surely you shouldn't be able to run (with a splinted broken leg)

• Like 1

What I meant was, if your character has splints because their leg is broken...surely you shouldn't be able to run (with a splinted broken leg)

I understand. It's only logical :P

Similarly, morphine is not a logical/realistic solution for a broken bone nonetheless you're perfectly alright after using it.

My point is to make splinters a more uncertain solution to broken bones as strings are easier to find.

I love this^^

Splint + Morphine would make more sense