Sign in to follow this  
Oddy-B

Rabbit Traps and Bivvy's

Hi, there

I would like to make the suggestions of crafting Rabbit traps and small bivvys.

I have been trying to hunt down rabbits now for a while, the main problem is you can't get close enough to kill there with your axe, the crossbow is too inacurate, and forget about the guns (unless you have an sd).

So a common way of catching these little blighters is to set rabbit traps, this could be done by using wood pile and string, with a % chance of snaring them over say thirty mins. once only usage.

Also the bivvy.

I have noticed when out in the wilds (forests,woods) sometimes my temperature drops like a rock when it is raing heavy (I dont know whether windchill takes effect). Anyway, one idea would be to craft a small, one use bivvy, using 3 wood pile, one clothing (or introduce the making of tarps, conifer branches). this would give shelter from the wind and rain, also, prevent you from getting colder, but not actually increase your temperature (this would be done by using fire or heat pack. If your stuck without matches or heat pack then you have an improved chance of survival)

I don't know whether these have been suggested previously, but I think it would add to the survival aspect of the game.

these stuff would be awesome but ai not improved yet so rabbit traps would be not useful at all -yet- 

could happen who knows what will be released in future releases!

maybe this could be done through the loot spawn system, or maybe the similar to fishing.

Lay your trap

randomly spawn a rabbit in a trap chance of success in a %, anywhere between 5mins and 30mins

trap disapears with the gutted rabbit.

if the rabbit corpse is not accessed  within a specified time of spawn, then it despawns rabbit and trap.

As a said just thoughts while playing and spending too much time chasing the little "creatures".

I think catching one of the game's rabbits in a trap would be near on impossible but the idea you say about the trap having a % chance like fishing seems like a good one.