Sign in to follow this  
Ragnarrok98

How to survive?

I bought SA for a while ago, I enjoy playing it very much

So I thought I would play the mod since I could, and I keep dying because I cant find food or drink. Expecially drink. Can't access houses like in the SA. So how do I find drinks?

Sorry for my "noobishness", but I can't find drinks at "bad spawns". I am playing the normal DayZ mod, not Epoche or any other.

Most of the houses in SA are unable to be entered.

One of the main improvements in SA over the mod is the increase of structures you can enter.

• Like 1

You can find sodas in market, industrial spawns, the office building, (sometimes referred as the school, but those would be the smallest class rooms in history!) civilian houses spawns (the few enter-able, notably the red two story house with a central corridor) but also hunting cabin and other spawns too. What you can do also is find a water bottle, and fill it in ponds and wells. Just make sure to boil the it before drinking, using a camp fire and an empty can.

Good luck! And be sure to check some Youtube videos for some tips and advices!

• Like 3

Most of the houses in The dayz mod are unable to be entered.

One of the main improvements in SA over the mod is the increase of structures you can enter.

• Like 1

I always like to stick to the forests. Staying in the cities and populated areas to long will kill you for a given. I like to camp out in the forest and make run ins to town only to get stuff that is non-retrievable off the land, such as ammunition.

Most of the houses in SA are unable to be entered.

Did I read your message wrong, are you saying that in the Standalone you're unable to go inside most of the houses?

Because I  can enter most of them, but not in the mod?

Did I read your message wrong, are you saying that in the Standalone you're unable to go inside most of the houses?

Because I  can enter most of them, but not in the mod?

Thats what he ment :)

Tbh just look for supermarkets and the few houses you can enter, you will learn what ones quickly.

A good trick is look at the windows, if they are see through you can enter, if they arent, you cant enter :)

And ofc you can always drink from the many wells and ponds around the map.

Thats what he ment :)

Tbh just look for supermarkets and the few houses you can enter, you will learn what ones quickly.

A good trick is look at the windows, if they are see through you can enter, if they arent, you cant enter :)

And ofc you can always drink from the many wells and ponds around the map.

Are you sure? I played on a server and standing in a pretty deep pond, I could not drink from it.

And no, it wasn't the ocean/sea :P

If im not mistaken in that version drinking from ponds needs a tincan and should be boiled.

Drinking from wells can be done using your hands.

• Like 1

If im not mistaken in that version drinking from ponds needs a tincan and should be boiled.

Drinking from wells can be done using your hands.

thanks! :)

In the SA can you boile the water instead of putting "waterpurification drugs" in it?

and if you get sick, what is your options?

Are you sure? I played on a server and standing in a pretty deep pond, I could not drink from it.

Sorry, i assumed you knew a canteen would work at the ponds :)

Thats how ive survived the mod for a long time hehe, no need to go to the cities any longer.

How about sleep/rest?I've been trying with a tent but can't seem to figure it out,checked the wiki and searched forums to no avail.Died once.

How about sleep/rest?I've been trying with a tent but can't seem to figure it out,checked the wiki and searched forums to no avail.Died once.

Can you sleep?

Make a tent has to be your own tent. Scroll down to rest and rest. 

The key is the tent must be your own.

Thanks for the tips,I had a tent i found in loot.It gave me the option to sleep,but my guy couldn't get comfy I guess.The ground was pretty flat too.

Been playing Overpoch,havn't needed sleep on that one yet ;)

OverPoch is not DayZ. This is the DayZ forum you would be better to use the overpoch forums for questions regarding overpoch.

Thanks for letting me know R4ZOR,I am new to all these and been trying them all out.to see which I like best.

• Like 1

In the mod you must fill a waterbottle from the pond, you can't drink direct

boil the water before you drink it, or you risk disease. To do this you need an empty can in your inventory, as well as the full water container. And you need to build a fire. Check youtube for beginners guides

You guys are really nice and helpfull people.I was about to rage-quit after dying so many times from infections/water shortage/food shortage and those pesky zombies,but you people gave me hope.Thanks alot!

• Like 1

Dont trust anyone, last time, this guy asked me that hes friendly and wants to come with me and I said yes. Then an hour later, he killed me just for freakin bake beans.    ;(

It also happens to some player or all.

If you see a guy saying that hes friendly, kill him immediately.

Playing since 2013.

New to this forum too

If you see a guy saying that hes friendly, kill him immediately.

New to this forum too

Please don't, not everyone is out to get you and just shooting people on sight is the reason the game is going down hill. But yes, people do lie, don't turn your back on anyone, just because they say they are friendly doesn't mean they are. Personally, I'm friendly, which is difficult these days with the shoot on sight mentality that has spread, but it's worth it for the reaction you get when you meet someone and don't shoot them, it's like they forgot that it's not a written rule to shoot everyone and they usually are rather pleasant to you, more out of surprise that you haven't killed them.

• Like 1

Except you can always trust me.  If you ever see me in a game you can ask for help.  It won't happen soon as my pc is currently broken. *sighs wearily* but I don't kill players.  Been players for around two and half years now and haven't killed anyone in that time.  I do kill AI and zombies but not players. I'm always happy to help other players.  :thumbsup:

Please don't, not everyone is out to get you and just shooting people on sight is the reason the game is going down hill. But yes, people do lie, don't turn your back on anyone, just because they say they are friendly doesn't mean they are. Personally, I'm friendly, which is difficult these days with the shoot on sight mentality that has spread, but it's worth it for the reaction you get when you meet someone and don't shoot them, it's like they forgot that it's not a written rule to shoot everyone and they usually are rather pleasant to you, more out of surprise that you haven't killed them.

True