coltonlong

How many types of fish are there?

Anyone know how many types of fish there are? I made a character who is literally just outdoors (hunts with a blaze, fishes with fishing pole, and cooks in the woods using a gas stove.) I just caught a few carp, and i was wondering if different bodies of water had different fish? anyone know yet?

Oh, too bad. but hey, they got a ton of meat on them! I plan to go down the coast in character helping out noobs with free fish meals. Just because I enjoy making a character with a story! maybe if i find a walkie talkie, I can hail some body. Thanks for the answer!

• Like 2

Well, new species are constantly discovered. A solid number is hard to provide.

Or not. got killed immediately.

• Like 2

Im not! i was rather inspired by the troll who jumped me with a wrench immediately after respawning, only to get knocked out and beaten to death with his own wrench. I also met him later when he ambushed me, and I broke his legs with a hoe and let him get eaten! Also, when you are good at finding the hooks and ashwood trees, its not hard to get the things back! Ill have tales later, Im sure.

• Like 3

Never eaten carp ( theres just too many trout in scotland) but caught plenty of them they should be an excellent food source in Dayz  .

Never eaten carp ( theres just too many trout in scotland) but caught plenty of them they should be an excellent food source in Dayz  .

Yea they give a lot of meat if you gut them with a pristine machete. (93-97% of 1 KG. This is because each fish is 2 KG, after gutting you have the two cuts.) So its a good bit of food. I actually just lost my meat, hook, and cooking gear to a server reset because it took over 15 minutes to cook.

• Like 1

Yea they give a lot of meat if you gut them with a pristine machete. (93-97% of 1 KG. This is because each fish is 2 KG, after gutting you have the two cuts.) So its a good bit of food. I actually just lost my meat, hook, and cooking gear to a server reset because it took over 15 minutes to cook.

Yah I feel the time needed to cook meat should be lowered. I mean some 5 minutes should be ok for gaming purposes right?

But maybe the mechanic is a bit bugger, some folks said that they've got burned meat without it turning into cooked first.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, fish-kabobs, fish creole, fish gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple fish, lemon fish, coconut fish, pepper fish, fish soup, fish stew, fish salad, fish and potatoes, fish burger, fish sandwich. That... that's about it.

• Like 3