Evil Minion

DayZ Virtual Paper Doll - Community Clothing Suggestions (v1.30)

I think all of it should be available. I'm a huge fan of camo clothing and very high variety of it is a great thing. There are a vast amount of players from all over the world so let us show our colors. Not only should there be a large variety of camo, there should also be a large variety of all clothing, guns and items.

Yes and no, a nice variety yes, but to much and you bog down the loot system, perhaps later a effective customization system for "default" wear but as for global loot I think it should be kept slightly in regional fashion as well as any support that came to aid.

We definitely need more fashion into the game and not only military clothes, more civilian clothes also.

Poncho made out of cloth

j682b6sv9k1.jpg

Edited by BENEDICTUS
  • Like 1

Added. Keep in mind that everything sleeveless would require at least a change in default underwear otherwise it would look silly.

More helmets (all of the parts from these bad boys can be taken off and added to one of their cousins):

TIG PSH-77 Helmet:

BZVO61f.jpg

Differences from K6-3/Altyn:

-extra lip on the visor

-older model

-used in Russo-Afghan war, so it's kind of Greenish Tan

-has a better chin-guard and straps

-as far as I know, it was only used by KGB

K6-3:

ovHzp2K.jpg

Altyn:

FfIJ8uB.jpg

Used by Russian special forces.

Mostly counter-terrorism units like MVD Vityaz and stuff

And all of these super badass helmets are slowly being replaced by this one:

4kJkOyP.jpg

The Rys-T.

It's uglier than all of the above helmets in my opinion, but still practically the same thing.

Apart from some visual differences like the visor of the PSH-77, or the microphone placement, and the differences of the units the Russians use them in, they're all virtually the same.

Similarities:

-Design

-Visor (excluding PSH-77)

-Amazing

-One size fits most

-Cool

-At least 1 should be added to the game
-Bulletproof

-The glass in the visor is shock resistant and stuff

-Microphone/Radio compatibility

-Super badass

-All come in different colors, and could be painted in-game with spraypaint (Black, Tan, Olive, etc)

Edited by mullraugh

Not sure if it has been suggested, though:

German WW2 Visor caps

German WW2 Tank uniforms

German WW2 Political uniforms

German WW2 artillery/tank/troop/mobilized transport/light infantry insignias

German WW2 Soldier uniforms

DDR Uniforms, insignias

DDR Uniforms

DDR Bayonets

DDR Soldier uniforms

DDR Visor caps

I suspect the latter few suggestions would be more common, depending on whether Chernarus would have a museum over WW2/Great Patriotic War.

Not sure if it has been suggested, though:

German WW2 Visor caps

German WW2 Tank uniforms

German WW2 Political uniforms

German WW2 artillery/tank/troop/mobilized transport/light infantry insignias

German WW2 Soldier uniforms

DDR Uniforms, insignias

DDR Uniforms

DDR Bayonets

DDR Soldier uniforms

DDR Visor caps

I suspect the latter few suggestions would be more common, depending on whether Chernarus would have a museum over WW2/Great Patriotic War.

or, instead of a museum, imagine finding these things - along with Russian WWII gear- half buried in the ground in some random forest, or at a castle, or some random 1940's military base that was lost in time and isn't on the map anymore.

or, instead of a museum, imagine finding these things - along with Russian WWII gear- half buried in the ground in some random forest, or at a castle, or some random 1940's military base that was lost in time and isn't on the map anymore.

My only objection would the condition of which said gear would be found in, The Wehrmacht did not disgard fully functioning gear on the Ostfront, as far as I know; Only instances would be burnt down tanks, retrieving of medals from dead soldiers and so forth, which usually resulted in it being smelted down, burnt or otherwise recycled into war memorials or the like, which would make German WW2 uniforms, weapons and so forth extremely unlikely to be found; As would Soviet gear from that time, at least, in working order, at least in the wild. I know a lot of Ex-Soviet states still have displays of German WW2 origins and so forth, which would fit perfectly with the appearance of such in DayZ.

Edited by Santa fox

My only objection would the condition of which said gear would be found in, The Wehrmacht did not disgard fully functioning gear on the Ostfront, as far as I know; Only instances would be burnt down tanks, retrieving of medals from dead soldiers and so forth, which usually resulted in it being smelted down, burnt or otherwise recycled into war memorials or the like, which would make German WW2 uniforms, weapons and so forth extremely unlikely to be found; As would Soviet gear from that time, at least, in working order, at least in the wild. I know a lot of Ex-Soviet states still have displays of German WW2 origins and so forth, which would fit perfectly with the appearance of such in DayZ.

gonna make a quick post 'bout this.

During the blitzkrieg you had multiple instances of "pristine" gear that was left behind by the Germans, a good many froze to death later to be buried under snowdrifts (and occasionally used as tank paths but I imagine that gear would be slightly "worn")

For the most part though I think of rather see weapons of era Germany rather than clothing, especially since accuracy of the clothing could potentially limit the market or just have to be blanket inaccurate (IE: all regions seeing officer get with the iron cross so as not to violate any international laws) that said I hope we see plenty of "winter" wear from that era on the Russian front. Not gonna lie those guys had some snazzy winter gear

The gear was "worn" back then buit today it should range from damaged (if you are lucky) to ruined. WWII was ~70 years ago.

Just bumping this for the moment - I am not exactly sure how to relate this to the Craftable Armor topic. Maybe I will just include this as onw category instead of putting them into sets or splitting them.

Next poll is up - its about coats (but not jackets). I know there is no clear distinction between those two but I only got so many voting options. Also not included are longer pieces of topwear that belong to a certain set only mentioned in "Sets" or "Craftable Armor" (which are some kind of dumping place categories at the moment).

Pretty hard to get votes for a topic that is neither controversial nor military. :D

I suggest going through and adding pictures (or picture links) for each clothing item you have listed.

It will help the thread gain more popularity because community members will now have a visual representation of the suggestion.

Sure - but that takes a lot of time so it won't be done at once. Especially as the object on the picture it needs to be a "typical example" as design details and colors are not specified here (would be too much in my opinion - not 100% consistent right now).

Edited by Evil Minion

Sure - but that takes a lot of time so it won't be done at once. Especially as the object on the picture it needs to be a "typical example" as design details and colors are not specified here (would be too much in my opinion - not 100% consistent right now).

I would strongly consider it because some community members don't have those 3 seconds to copy and paste the item in a separate tab and search it.

Yes it is a lot of work but it is worth it In the end.

Edit:

Spotted a miss type

Edited by AlexeiStukov