Evil Minion

DayZ Virtual Paper Doll - Community Clothing Suggestions (v1.30)

It seems as soon as a topic is removed from page one people forget about its existence and start new ones covering the same subject.

BUMP

Payday mask, police uniform, tracksuit pants, leather shoes?! Really?! Sorry but I think you are mistaken. ;)  Actually thats the reason why I added a poll - to gets some opinions how "Sims" the game should be.

I tried to keep it somewhat reasonable not including "joke items" like the Mankini (yes this was suggested) or sexy-whatever outfits. I think the baby mask and tutu might be the lower end of the listed suggestions while skirts as an item are actually on the same level as jeans. Even more: The zombies are using them. In my opinion you should be able to wear the same items as zombies do. Zombies running around in skirts while survivors not being able to use them is illogical at best and hides some pretty nasty unfortunate implications at worst.

Anyways feel free to criticise specific items because right now I don't have a good system to rank them.

Payday mask, police uniform, tracksuit pants, leather shoes?! Really?! 

The only ridiculous items currently are the payday masks and believe me they will not stay in the game for much longer. Dresses, ties, skirts are things that can only go in the game for fashion so people can make a cute character which Im sorry but does not belong into a survival game. And what exactly is wrong with the police uniform? Tracksuit pants are a legitimate clothing item in which you can run and perform physical activities, Im not too happy with the colors theyve added but nothing I can do about that. And leather shoes are there but no one uses them, again probably only included as the colorful tracksuits as a joke item because those items of clothing are supposed to be popular in ex soviet countries. Just because theyve added those, doesnt mean that they should give you the ability to make a cute female character or a stylish male character that doesnt in any way fit in with the enviroment. This is not an mmo or an asian game where cute characters are encouraged.

Edited by overdosed

The only ridiculous items currently are the payday masks and believe me they will not stay in the game for much longer. Dresses, ties, skirts are things that can only go in the game for fashion so people can make a cute character which Im sorry but does not belong into a survival game. And what exactly is wrong with the police uniform? Tracksuit pants are a legitimate clothing item in which you can run and perform physical activities, Im not too happy with the colors theyve added but nothing I can do about that. And leather shoes are there but no one uses them, again probably only included as the colorful tracksuits as a joke item because those items of clothing are supposed to be popular in ex soviet countries. Just because theyve added those, doesnt mean that they should give you the ability to make a cute female character or a stylish male character that doesnt in any way fit in with the enviroment. This is not an mmo or an asian game where cute characters are encouraged.

I have to agree with Overdosed on this I mean the masks are just flat out dumb, if you want to hide your face use a balaclava like the rest of Russia and Russian bi products. Skirts are only useful to make your female characters "cute" but lets face it they have no place in survival honestly, think about it, its cold out and your trying to wear a skirt not to mention in real life skirts would just get caught on everything you ran by and make escaping enemies a pain to do. Granted this game is hard to incorporate certain aspects like the skirts getting caught but still its just logic. As he said this isn't Sims this is Dayz and its live or die not dress up and look pretty. Oh and I still say F*** the ninja outfit. Just sayin.

With clothing degradion in full effect those "joke" items would become viable fallback choices to pick up temporarily when your higher tier gear becomes ruined. And you should find much more of this low tier stuff because thats what people are wearing most often. After all the game is set in a postapocalyptical world and not in a military training camp. "Its not high end or (para)military so it should not exist" is a misconception.

Speaking of misconceptions: Skirts are neither female only nor is their sole purpose to make the wearer look "cute". The "getting caught" part is also true for a variety of other items including weapons and ghillie suits (and, again, not true for all skirts) - could be simulated by reducing the running speed or increasing degradion in certain situations. In the end every piece of clothing should have realistic/believeable properties - should be enough to discourage too cute/stylish characters in most cases. But there is nothing wrong with providing some of those options (okay - Ninja Outfit might be too much :D ).

The poll will probably stay up until Sunday as it seems to represent a basic tendency and I want to start a new one. Everyone who wants to vote should do it until then. Next poll will probably be about Camo Patterns if nobody wants to see a different one.

Hunting Jackets to match the Hunting Pants

236111_ts.jpgpDSP1-16520936dt.jpgpl1165430-adjustable_cuffs_hunting_camo_

Although not a perfect match, if you get the brown hunting pants you can get the brown hoodie, they match fairly well. But yeah, jackets are definitely needed.

Personally I would like to see t-shirts as not taking up the shirt/chest/whatever-it's-called spot at all, you can easily wear a t-shirt and a hoodie for instance or a button down shirt (most people do so it's not really something that isn't widely known), by that logic I guess you could wear a t-shirt, hoodie, jacket. Was mainly thinking from a temperature point of view and since t-shirts doesn't really add any functionality other than for bandages (i.e no storage space) I don't see that it would cause a problem for limiting inventory. Although I guess they'd have to create a new slot for it though.

Thats one of the reasons the "Shirt" spot is suggested. It doesn't have to be shirt, hoodie, jacket but shirt/hoodie, jacket or shirt, hoodie/jacket would be nice.

Camo pattern poll is up - something for the military fans (will keep it up for about two or three weeks depending on participation).

Glove suggestion: Nomex flight gloves. Ubiquitous in the American military and used by everyone, not just pilots.

It might as well be a helicopter crash spawn, though, since we're apparently going the road of Western gear being helicopter stuff and Russian gear being the standard stuff. An ultra-rare gimmick item.

Added.

I also agree in that western gear should be less common and maybe even limited to specific areas. There is no way you would find a pristine Flecktarn shirt in a school building. In fact even pristine civilian clothing should be limited to ordinary homes or specific shops in most cases (an exeption being working clothes).

Updated. Special thanks to mullraugh for providing name and picture for the K6-3 helmet.

Edited by Evil Minion

generic sports tops e.g a chernarus football club shirt you could find.

Updated. I decided to make the split Tuxedo and Business Suit int their parts as some where already on the list.

Nice thread.

Your poll talking only of camo specification... I would say enough of military stuff and more civilian.

For my part I want metal shirts !! Like in the mod... My preference would go for some Saladyer or Canniboul Corpse shirts.

There are limited options for polls but you can replace them. The current poll is about camo patterns and the last was about clothing slots (thats why some of them are colored). It will change at some point until I got all paragraphs covered (next poll in ~two weeks).

Over all I think under garments would be nice specifically removing undershirts (for males hasn't seen a topless lady yet?) the point of my default wearing earth tones is that I'm trying to be a lowly visable as possible. So when a zombie attacks me and I'm bleeding right after spawn I have to tear my T-shirt into rags now I have this bright ass white shirt on, I'd rather be bare chested as my skin tone is far less visable than a white shirt

Another thought I had (which is probably here somewhere but I'm on my phone atm sorry if double suggestion) more civilian clothing that has storage like mil-grade gear, I think I get KoS'd more because I can't store items properly in civilian gear. Just saying also more black clothing options especially for night servers

DPM is fairly popular in Russia right now, I've seen a few Ukrainian paramilitaries wearing old DPM, aside from that Flektarn, US woodland BDU and Russian Camos make the most sense, maybe Marpat left over from arma IIs cherno storyline

DPM is fairly popular in Russia right now, I've seen a few Ukrainian paramilitaries wearing old DPM, aside from that Flektarn, US woodland BDU and Russian Camos make the most sense, maybe Marpat left over from arma IIs cherno storyline

I agree I also think the addition of a urban camo would be handy for areas like Electro as well as night servers

I think all of it should be available. I'm a huge fan of camo clothing and very high variety of it is a great thing. There are a vast amount of players from all over the world so let us show our colors. Not only should there be a large variety of camo, there should also be a large variety of all clothing, guns and items.