Sign in to follow this  
dinosaurlegs

Uses for Rope

Potential Uses for Rope

• Hanging players from trees and other static objects
  • To tie players hands (like handcuffs essentially)
  • Build a stretcher for an injured player
  • Fishing line

What uses for certain items do you think should be added?

• Like 4

i can use rope to tie people's hands and legs to wood, then do stuff with them.

I'd love to take some of these KOSer sissy-boys to the gallows...

• Like 2

I love the hanging idea. Morbid as it is, also the stretcher idea, but that's a *STRETCH* with just rope. Would be a complicated formula. What about uses in makeshift clothing from animal hides? Like leather vests with rope stitching together on the sides? Or maybe rock slings? Or arm slings for broken arms? When constant items become a thing, how about for tying things down, or trees together to make a barricade? You could tie bundles of sticks together to make them easier to carry to start fires? Also, when the game gets more in-depth, hanging the animals you kill upside down to drain the blood and make skinning faster? Lots of application for rope.

Oh and maybe a sexy party. Just for the fun of it.

• Like 1

I don't think you understand the potential values of rope/cordage (there is a difference, and it is very important) in a survival situation.

Generally, the thicker it is, the fewer uses it has (har har har I made a penis joke). Conversely, the thinner it is, the weaker it is.

I tend to go for 3/18 thickness natural rope, as it can be found in a lot of stores in my area, is thin enough to be lightweight and versatile, while being strong enough to support my weight in a lashing or a rope ladder.

I also carry an ABSOLUTE SHIT-TON of 550 paracord line. Almost all of the handles of my tools have been paracorded, the straps and zippers, my knife sheath, bracelets, etc. I probably have about 1000 feet of paracord on my full gear, easily. There is just so many uses for the stuff.

There is a good rule of thumb for cordage/rope in survival:

3 feet can build you a shelter (start a tripod) that will last a week

10 feet can build you a shelter (multiple tripods, or some square lashings) that will last a month

3 feet can build you a shelter that will last for as long as you need it to.

Use it to make a tripod out of sticks for cooking. 3 sticks; 2 lengths of rope; cooking pot; fire-- then you're all set! Really just any kind of lashing project

• Like 1

Should be able to use it to have an asphyxiwank on door frames and trees and such, obviously with the risk of death and being seen. Would increase immersion i feel. Just like how they plan to add pooping in game i can see this being implemented.

• Like 2

Srs. You could use it to lash things together such as a Spit to cook animal meats, a makeshift holster (I've made one before. It was dumb, but it worked really well.) etc. I'd love using rope to board windows up, too.

• Like 1

Srs. You could use it to lash things together such as a Spit to cook animal meats, a makeshift holster (I've made one before. It was dumb, but it worked really well.) etc. I'd love using rope to board windows up, too.

how does that work boarding up windows with rope, the image in my head is LOL

I wish we could get this moved to the Suggestions forum. That'd be awesome.

• Like 1

Rope+Wood.

Do you think that nails will be that common in a Russian state of emergency?

It could give use to tie your weapon to your neck, such a carry cord. So you do put your weapon on your back but have it slinging all around your neck. This might also give the opportunity to have two weapons or decrease draw time.

Maybe the ability to dig sticks in the ground and span a rope between them, if you run over, you faceplant. This might be a bit overpowered though.

Rope+Wood.

Do you think that nails will be that common in a Russian state of emergency?

that suck to not even have nails, if only we all could get along. 

that is not what i pictured at all, it was more of a rope curtain in my head at least.

that suck to not even have nails, if only we all could get along. 

that is not what i pictured at all, it was more of a rope curtain in my head at least.

I guess that'd work. Tripwires, maybe?

It work, we use that a lot on rainy days in Latin America

• Like 1

It work, we use that a lot on rainy days in Latin America

wow thats just crazy to me, now i know what to do in a pinch. never would have thought about this myself do lots of people in your areas do this? 

I just can't wait for community ran server bounty boards, non-lethal incapacitation, prisoner transportation and public hangings in the Elektro church.

wow thats just crazy to me, now i know what to do in a pinch. never would have thought about this myself do lots of people in your areas do this? 

Yes, but of course...using boards is better lol

• Like 1

spsnare.gif

Put simply here's a simple trap that can be used to catch small animals such as Rabbits and with the use of rope it's simple, tie a piece of rope to a springy sapling in the middle of the woods with some rope, bait it with something and wait. At some point, once activated, it will whip back killing any rabbit or small animal that tries to take the bait.

Inversely it can also be used for further trap making such as Deadfalls, Spike Traps and so on