roninhg

Got 15 FPS increase with new Nvidia driver that was released today

The NVIDIA driver that came out today GeForce 337.88 gave me about a 15 FPS increase. I was at around 30 average in Balota today before I installed the new driver version, now I'm averaging 45 FPS in Balota. Not saying you'll get the same, but definitely wanted everyone to know that it definitely helped me.

The release notes DO specifically mention DayZ in them.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/337.88/337.88-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Hope this helps others like it did me. Much smoother game now.

Edited by roninhg
  • Like 3

Profile Updates
SLI Profiles

• DayZ - disabled NVIDIA Control Panel AA

3D Vision Profiles

• DayZ - Good

Performance Boost
Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and 
significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary 
depending on your GPU and system configuration. 

NVIDIA Control Panel
Shader Cache: 3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings Page
Added Shader Cache setting to reduce CPU usage by saving compiled shaders to a disk 
cache. This may improve performance and reduce the time it takes for a game to load.

YEt again Nividia fucks my AMD card again...I wish I got that much of an increase. Sniff Sniff*

• Like 1

You have that bugged mantle and audio dsp and counteless bugs whit amd, arent u happy :p ?

Anyway the boost is compared to 335 branch driver as whit all 337 driver, so always big jumps ;)

• Like 1

Just confirmed. Marked increase for me as well.

Spikes of 69-80+ fps and average of about 55fps now for me.

Edited by lrish

Just confirmed. Marked increase for me as well.

Spikes of 69-80+ fps and average of about 55fps now for me.

What are your specs

What are your specs

Utter Shite. ;)

Before I got between 40-60 fps (average of 45 tops), and it varied. Now it seems to be stable around 55 and peaking around 80fps. 

Core 2 Quad 3.0ghz Q9650

GTX550 ti

8gb RAM

128gb SSD

(very side, sidenote: I can run watchdogs on near max settings and get 45fps the entire time.. never below.)

Edited by lrish

I noticed the increase as well!
Installed the new driver yesterday and then played experimental for the first time. Game was really smooth, I'd thought that came from the experimental patch...

I can run watchdogs on near max settings and get 45fps the entire time.. never below.)

No wonders... Watchdog use nvidia gameworks, the game has been heavily optimized by nvidia itself.

• Like 1

I read the patch notes yesterday and have been looking forward to testing the new drivers out. Might take them for a spin just now and see how they get on. :D

Edited by Mos1ey

got myself a used 660ti last week!

looking Forward to testing after work!

No increase for me. *shrugs* Oh well. :P

I tested this patch in the beta and it crashed my computer. I hope it won't with this update.

I had to rollback my drivers about 3 weeks ago because they had f-'d my computer up. I got Dual 560TI's :3 I'm sad panda that DayZ doesn't use them both though :c at least, I don't think so. It's still Alpha so wouldn't be a surprise :{

No performance increase for me unfortunately. 40-70 FPS with everything maxed and post-processing disabled.

Also I was rubber-banding all over the place, which hasn't really been an issue for me up until now. Is that a problem with the new exp. build, or maybe just the server that I was playing on?

Also I was rubber-banding all over the place, which hasn't really been an issue for me up until now. Is that a problem with the new exp. build, or maybe just the server that I was playing on?

Experimental has got alot of rubberbanding because the server framerate has become so low due to having to keep track of so much (animals, zombies, players, loot, physics) that when a player runs around corners at speed the server cannot keep up with your quick changes of direction as you go around the corner and so it just 'sees' you running in the wall instead of going around it. Then you just carry on thinking your in one place while the server still 'sees' you running into that wall. Then when you get far enough away you and the server communicate to check where you are and thats when server puts you back to where it 'sees' you, eg 'rubberbands' you.

You can prevent it happening if you walk slowly around geometry and take big arcs around corners. When they optimize the server more it will go away. 

About the new driver, does anyone know if it has a sli profile configured or if we have to configure one manually like before?

Experimental has got alot of rubberbanding because the server framerate has become so low due to having to keep track of so much (animals, zombies, players, loot, physics) that when a player runs around corners at speed the server cannot keep up with your quick changes of direction as you go around the corner and so it just 'sees' you running in the wall instead of going around it. Then you just carry on thinking your in one place while the server still 'sees' you running into that wall. Then when you get far enough away you and the server communicate to check where you are and thats when server puts you back to where it 'sees' you, eg 'rubberbands' you.

You can prevent it happening if you walk slowly around geometry and take big arcs around corners. When they optimize the server more it will go away. 

About the new driver, does anyone know if it has a sli profile configured or if we have to configure one manually like before?

Yeah, I was mainly having issues while looting towns and moving in and out of buildings. Hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

As for the drivers - there was a lot of SLi stuff in the patch notes but I didn't pay much attention as I'm only running a single card.

No performance increase for me unfortunately. 40-70 FPS with everything maxed and post-processing disabled.

What card do you have though?

What card do you have though?

EVGA GTX 780. :)

FPS is also heavily depennding on server performance in arma and its brother games

try a good running server where you are not rubberbanding and maybe then you will see the increase

i'm gonna go install that driver when i get home from work today :P

FPS is also heavily depennding on server performance in arma and its brother games

try a good running server where you are not rubberbanding and maybe then you will see the increase

i'm gonna go install that driver when i get home from work today :P

Apparently the poor server performance is due to the new goodies in the current experimental build, which makes sense. It was taking me an age to open doors or vault as well, general signs of a slow server...

I'd probably see better performance on the stable build, but I want to find an AK. What can you do...

snip-

"...but I want to find an AK. What can you do..."

Wait :D

Wait :D

zSzE2j0.jpg?1

• Like 2