Sign in to follow this  
Leremind

COMBAT REVIVE (MEDICINE) (allowing friend to revive after death)

Here is my suggestion. Everybody wants a way to be able to save their friend after a gun fight against another group or bandits. SO why not put a little combat medicine in here. For instance the second you die a timer starts for your respawn. The first timer will be 3-5 minutes in that case your friend needs to bandage you to stop your bleeding or you bleed out and die once timer ends you automatically respawn. But if they apply bandage before timer runs out then you timer jumps up to 15 minutes to where they need to give you him 2 IV bag's or 1 Blood Bag (making collecting blood higher value) to keep you from dieing from Shock. So your timer will jump an additional 15 minutes from whenever the bandage was applied and if that timer runs out then you die and respawn automatically again. And once you performed this care to him he will start to revive but it wont be immediate. He will be slow walking and blurry vision and his body will say he is in pain. Therefore you need to give him morphine to allow him to recover fast back to full health. Also I think we should be able to use the rope and attach a D ring to it (like a clamp) and attach it to your friend so you can drag him to cover or concealment where you can continue performing additional steps to bring him back to life. Also other things to think about is CPR if he has no pulse and using AED. Several different methods can apply and checking pulse and doing the appropriate action should make the difference. Please tell me what you think.

The bloodsystem already does this to a certain extend.

You can actually recover from a gunshot wound or a massive beating by a zombie or extended bleeding. I don't think it should go any further, as this system already leaves a lot open to be saved and even though it's fairly unrealistic that you can regain blood and magically heal gunwounds by bandaging yourself and eat a lot / get a transfusion that is exactly what it's supposed to resemble.

As soon as the unconscious / blood system is fully balanced I think it's as far as "combatrevive" should go. There is no way anyone would be able to help you after you have been shot / mauled by Zombies. The current system is fine and leaves a lot open.

• Like 1

Sure I can understand that but I also would say for the fact of keeping players playing the game. That there should be a way to revive you back from death. Because one could be just walking and take a mosin sniper shot in the head and die and he could have 3 friends by them and there is nothing they could do seems a waste of time in a players point of view. I think to keep players playing together and creating their teams there shoud be a way to bring you friend back alive within a reasonable amount of reaction time. Otherwise I feel you will see not many people trying to talk to people once they are geared out. They will all just kill each other because they know if they die there is nothing their friends can do. BUT if the game was made where if they die there friends might be able to bring them back within a short time if they react fast enough then maybe geared out people won't be so afraid to talk to other players. Because they know their friends can get revenge and then bring him back if anything goes sour. Also you did not mention anything about being able to move your friend out of the danger zone. If they don't do anything further to help a more team effort base to the game for players I think at least for the unconscious should be able to be dragged/ picked up or somehow moved to where ever you want to take them. Because I don't want to treat my friends wounds in the middle of the street. And nor would I in real life. 

I'm sure dragging an unconscious body will be implemented at some point(it was in the Mod) but as for the gamey "revive a dead player" concept, you won't see something like that.

DayZ is and never has been a game of convenience, it's harsh and this is why a lot of us are here playing/supporting the game.

wait if you can't bring a "dead player" back to life what's the defibrillators for? I could just wiki it but figure I'd rather ask the experts "player or dev" from the source . and excuse me if this has been asked earlier in this thread or somewhere else in the forums lol I haven't read every single comment.

Edited by ASMS_Leader

take a mosin sniper shot in the head and die 

This suggestion is in the mod thread but you mention the Mosin. Was this suggestion meant for SA?

wait if you can't bring a "dead player" back to life what's the defibrillators for? I could just wiki it but figure I'd rather ask the experts "player or dev" from the source . and excuse me if this has been asked earlier in this thread or somewhere else in the forums lol I haven't read every single comment.

Defibrillators are in DayZ SA, but can't be used to revive another player yet. I'm sure it will be updated and have a purpose like that of OP's suggestion in the future.

woops yeah didnt mean to put this suggestion in the mod. Sorry about that yeah it was meant for SA.