Sign in to follow this  
itsmondo

Switching Audio/Sound Devices

Anyone have problems with switching sound devices? It's just an inconvenience really, but if I switch from my speakers to my headset after I've started the game there's no audio present. The only way I am able to fix it is by restarting the game with the secondary device already in place, but I was wondering if there was some way to fix it in game since it takes a while to load. None of the volume settings get changed and other programs on my computer have no problem with audio playback.

+1

I use a different output as default, but I prefer to have DayZ on my headset. Would be great to be able to set the output device within DayZ (I usually forget to switch before I start DayZ).

+1

I use a different output as default, but I prefer to have DayZ on my headset. Would be great to be able to set the output device within DayZ (I usually forget to switch before I start DayZ).

Yeah, me too. Sometimes I'll want my computer speakers on if I'm in the middle of nowhere and not too concerned about player interaction. Then I'll be nearing a town and want to hear better or be able to use my microphone.