So here is the confirmation of what is required for fishing from jan tomášik:

twitter_dayz_fish.jpg

Now, has anyone been able to gather all this and make the fishing rod? Would really want to see the finish rod and how to catch fish, looks like it takes some time!

Also Chris confirmed than you cannot kill fish with firearms or anything else than by fishing rod - Fish are NOT visible prior to being caught.

Edit: found this screen, might be fishing rod on  player's back

For the earthworm, they can be dug anywhere it looks providing you have the hoe: http://imgur.com/a/RRv0R

From Reddit, someone explains how to fish:

Figured out fishing. You need an ashwood stick, rope and hook for the fishing rod. You also need quite a few worms, which can be obtained by using a shovel on grass. You then need a pond and when you look at the water there is an option to start fishing. It's not easy though - I went through about ten worms before I had success!

Edited by zeroy99
  • Like 1

Haven't seen the ashwood stick in a long time, few weeks actually, but did pick up a fishing hook for the first time earlier. Guessing earthworms are found on the ground outside then randomly?

Haven't seen the ashwood stick in a long time, few weeks actually, but did pick up a fishing hook for the first time earlier. Guessing earthworms are found on the ground outside then randomly?

Earthworm are found in back garden plot (pumpkins plot from a shot i seen) they can be eaten or used for fishing.

That hook, how small was it, was it hard to find? Would love to see a screeny also!!

• Like 1

Earthworm are found in back garden plot (pumpkins plot from a shot i seen) they can be eaten or used for fishing.

That hook, how small was it, was it hard to find? Would love to see a screeny also!!

Ah, I'll have to have a look for the worms then, thanks!

The hook I just found randomly in the upstairs office/reading room in that building with the piano downstairs. It was in the middle of the floor and I could see it quite easily so not too hard to find, at least when there's one around!

10314607_10152446312899791_4023481025420

• Like 4

Ah, I'll have to have a look for the worms then, thanks!

The hook I just found randomly in the upstairs office/reading room in that building with the piano downstairs. It was in the middle of the floor and I could see it quite easily so not too hard to find, at least when there's one around!

Nice, its actually a spinner/spoon with hook, strange for fishing Carp but anyway!! Thanks for posting this.

• Like 1

Nice, its actually a spinner/spoon with hook, strange for fishing Carp but anyway!! Thanks for posting this.

looks like a lead weight to me not a spinner 

• Like 2

I have a fishing rod, and a hook, but only found out about the earthworms after I stopped playingn for the day. Ashwood sticks can appear as loot from chopping down a tree, so there's the way to get that.

Also it's funny how the Ashwood stick/fishing rod takes up a whole row in your backpack so it's better to have it on your back, while the axe takes up 1 or 2 less spaces in your backpack. So if you want to look less threatening while still being just as effective put a fishing rod on your back and your axe in your bag.

Edited by Phoenix777
  • Like 2

looks like a lead weight to me not a spinner 

Yes, you're right! well spotted :D

Edited by zeroy99

The absurd rubber banding makes it hard to test things out currently at the moment. Was able to cut down a bush with a saw though and mine some stone with the pickaxe which was cool.

• Like 1

Oh lerd, how difficult is the fishing hook to spot? I can't even find a can opener, much less a fishing hook with all the clipping.

The absurd rubber banding makes it hard to test things out currently at the moment. Was able to cut down a bush with a saw though and mine some stone with the pickaxe which was cool.

Was the bush thing an action prompt? Because you could always beat bushes into submission, even on stable right now. From what I've experienced and heard from others the rubber banding is usually only cause in buildings and if you crouch walk out of the buildings it doesn't happen very often... I think it's mostly just the 2 story buildings that do it.

Was the bush thing an action prompt? Because you could always beat bushes into submission, even on stable right now. From what I've experienced and heard from others the rubber banding is usually only cause in buildings and if you crouch walk out of the buildings it doesn't happen very often... I think it's mostly just the 2 story buildings that do it.

yeah you actually perform an action i think with the middle scroll mouse function.

i love fishing, this is gonna be so fun....gotta roll some baits, pre bait my swim....gonna get some lumps on my mat!!! i'll be spending all my time at the water, hopefully bandits don't bother me....spooking the fish.

• Like 1

i love fishing, this is gonna be so fun....gotta roll some baits, pre bait my swim....gonna get some lumps on my mat!!! i'll be spending all my time at the water, hopefully bandits don't bother me....spooking the fish.

Pshh who needs a fishing rod when you can do it the Hillbilly way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIvsa7yUMOs

I think this kid blew off his hand trying to do this to omg lol.

Edited by Deathlove

HAHAHAHAHAHA what a dumbass!

I hope the poor kid is ok though that shit really is no joke. But i have heard of ppl trying to dynamite fish before.

Edited by Deathlove

i really cant wait for fishing, i spent way too much time doing this on minecraft

• Like 1

I have never come across the ashwood stick, not even in the current stable.

yeah you actually perform an action i think with the middle scroll mouse function.

It's an action for now but seemingly the devs want to make it that if you just beat on the bushes, and trees and everything else you can get stuff from with the action menu, that will get you what you need instead of an action system. I can't wait for that sort of fluid gameplay.

I found one or two back when the original experimental with the craftable bow and arrow came out. Before long I never found one again, even when I searched through every shed that spawned them. Guess I need to get an axe to chop down some ash trees.

I found one or two back when the original experimental with the craftable bow and arrow came out. Before long I never found one again, even when I searched through every shed that spawned them. Guess I need to get an axe to chop down some ash trees.

Do you know if they have implemented this yet? If they have, I definitely need to brush up on how to recognise different types of trees from quite a long way away. I never got past the larch.

I've run into those ashwood sticks a few times thus far on current stable, they take up a lot of room in your pack.

You should be able to craft a hook too, with say pliers and sewing kit.

Add pliers to sewing kit to craft hook. (use pliers to bend needle into a hook shape)

Sewing kit is either ruined or damaged 1 level each time you do this.

;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Do you know if they have implemented this yet? If they have, I definitely need to brush up on how to recognise different types of trees from quite a long way away. I never got past the larch.

On experimental they have, yea. There was a post on the experimental thread showing the tree, I just hope I can get an axe and survive long enough to try it out!

Ashwood tree, almost black tree trunk, chop down and get ashwood stick 

8kq0x.jpg

Ashwood tree leafs 

vngd.jpg

I've run into those ashwood sticks a few times thus far on current stable, they take up a lot of room in your pack.

You don't happen to remember where you found them? I know they used to spawn in the little sheds that had a tiny covering on the outside, and I've tended to check them all the time, along with most other places, and really haven't seen one for about 6 weeks, even on current stable. Maybe I get all the wrong servers.

• Like 2

You don't happen to remember where you found them? I know they used to spawn in the little sheds that had a tiny covering on the outside, and I've tended to check them all the time, along with most other places, and really haven't seen one for about 6 weeks, even on current stable. Maybe I get all the wrong servers.

from what i remember, I've seen them in sheds mostly, maybe warehouses too...and defiantly under those little trailers that you see scattered about, i know berezino has a few of those trailers. they can spawn decent loot....i didn't ever keep the ashwood sticks since they took up so much space but now will start making fishing rods!

• Like 1

Found one (in the shed with shelves in it) finally but cant get my hands on a hook! Worms are easy to get, dont eat them unprepared you will get sick :D

Edited by zeroy99