Sign in to follow this  
Ken Bean

Fleeing birds

Wild animals should flee if there's a player shooting nearby.

I think it would greately add to the atmosphere and realism if we would have some birds populating certain trees.

They don't need to be visible in dense leafage - but a few could be heard and seen fleeing if a player is breaking the scenery by shooting a gun.

This would enhance the impression of a vital environment - which atm seems to be a little bit static, as you can hear birds almost everywhere, but they don't seem to react like they would.

Thanks for reading.

While I like the idea and agree with it I would also like to point out that even a newbie like me is aware that this suggestion is already existent in an already existent topic (I probably also discussed in much more detail).

I searched and found one topic having included something like this among lots of other suggestions. I'm also not insisting in hunting them, it's just for the atmosphere, because I recently recognised that this is really missing as I played with friends one or twoo weeks ago.

So since that other thread had another focus and since his suggestions was more like hunting, I decided to make it an own topic.

If that's unacceptable, I apologize.

Also having sitting birds >in< the Tree probably is a huge problem programwhise, since those trees use to be full of leafage. I do think it's best to treat them as unvisible, unrendered, but singing entities as long as they don't flee and still populate a tree.

So hunting in the form of "shooting a bird sitting in a tree" wouldn't be very practical imho anyway.

Edited by Ken Bean

Yeah. the game is missing stuff like this. The map feels completely dead. An effect like fleeing birds would definitely make the world seem more alive.