r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Some of the best experiences are trying to stay alive.  Getting infected and having to look for meat and water.  What's worse is having all the gear you need and by chance you get infected and now you have to look for antis in 'hot' areas.  Maximum risk just to stay alive another day.

I'd think body decay would be another option.  For most players navigating without a map is pretty much pointless.  I found out the hard way when playing with a bunch of experienced epoch players.  I almost raged out because they couldn't find Stary from Cherno.  :(

• Like 1

Some of the best experiences are trying to stay alive.  Getting infected and having to look for meat and water.  What's worse is having all the gear you need and by chance you get infected and now you have to look for antis in 'hot' areas.  Maximum risk just to stay alive another day.

I'd think body decay would be another option.  For most players navigating without a map is pretty much pointless.  I found out the hard way when playing with a bunch of experienced epoch players.  I almost raged out because they couldn't find Stary from Cherno.  :(

I find it quite easy to avoid infections by making sepsis bandages and boiling water bottles prior to looting towns.

I'd like to see a future status that we'd have to worry about and that'd be fatigue and new items added like a sleeping bag and such. I don't see how it's possible that we run for several thousand meters without resting to remain energized ;) I believe another mod demonstrates this ability quite well, I believe it was Origins? Not too sure.

PS: Good job at hosting US 434. It's very enjoyable with how original it is without any extra stuff added.

Edited by TIC321

Cheers TIC321.  I forgot the septic bandages.  

I dare say, I think Epoch has the realism mod which adds weight constraints and puts you in fatigue if carrying too much.  For example carrying a DMR and a 7.62 mm Mod would make it very frustrating to run cross country.  It's a non-factor in that mod simply because everyone has a deploy bike from toolbox but it would force people to make choices in vanilla.  No more carrying 4 tires and an engine in vanilla if it were the case.  :-)

Update. 4 am here just heading to work sent pm to eugen still not heard anything back. I'm not sure if he is still away but ill update when i get home.

• Like 4

Update. 4 am here just heading to work sent pm to eugen still not heard anything back. I'm not sure if he is still away but ill update when i get home.

Appreciate the effort of pushing out this update. We'll continue to stand by :)

• Like 1