r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

just done experimental, got data prepared, we can do it tommorow!

Just been given a heads up tomorrow we should be able to release the 1.8.2 patch.

• Like 2

Just been given a heads up tomorrow we should be able to release the 1.8.2 patch.

Epic timing.  I will be moved into my new place in a few days and ready to bring up my server again.

Who do I need to contact about having a new IP whitelisted for the public hive?

The hive does not exist anymore.

That dayz effect in action, knew it.

Last time I played I found nvg's, range finder, and guillie in about two hours of play on 1.8.1. Not been that geared on the main hive in over a year....was expecting a random death, never though it would be the hive that died though...

Edited by Detoeni

Then private hives all the way I guess. Never used the official one myself but it's sad that it's gone, I liked the concept.

Nice to hear that 1.8.2 is being released! I have a question for you developers. I've noticed that it is possible to place tents and stashes almost everywhere in 1.8.1. In dirt piles, inside rocks and under water. Will this change with 1.8.2 and the new camera placing system?

Thanks

We lifted the strict placement system it will remain lifted for the time being while we bring in all the new building objects.

Also with the hive now gone we will be working in more customize settings to allow admins more control. This means we can finally allow servers to be setup how the host wont's. (not that they didn't anyway). Thats saying we ever do release patch's its kind of getting a pain now too many different contracts to push a simple release :-(

Good news on the 1.8.2 release, though rather poignant, something of a swan song for the mod as a consistent game.

I wonder what will become of the DayZ mod now the public hive has gone for good.  Not entirely unexpected, though crushingly disappointing.  It was the only real anchor ensuring reasonable continuity and portability of the persistent game experience, which is a huge part of why I played so much for so long.  The ability to get rid of asshats and continue playing on another server was a hugely rewarding feature.

It's probably game over for me, apart from occasional trips to my own unmodified vanilla sandbox.  I don't want to invest time in a persistent game, when my efforts can be wiped out on a whim, having been through that nonsense often enough with private hives.  Unreliable, clumsily modified, mods replaced like cheap fashion ... and those dreadful admin cheat tools.  Not much of a recipe for a persistent game.

Alas poor Chernarus, I knew it, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy ...

• Like 5

I'd say if the player base does not pick back up with 1.8.2 vanilla will be officially dead, or just not worth playing from the low player base.

Edited by Borges

Looks like no patch today. Next week perhaps?

Waiting on response from BI/DayZ Devs again.

Good news on the 1.8.2 release, though rather poignant, something of a swan song for the mod as a consistent game.

I wonder what will become of the DayZ mod now the public hive has gone for good.  Not entirely unexpected, though crushingly disappointing.  It was the only real anchor ensuring reasonable continuity and portability of the persistent game experience, which is a huge part of why I played so much for so long.  The ability to get rid of asshats and continue playing on another server was a hugely rewarding feature.

It's probably game over for me, apart from occasional trips to my own unmodified vanilla sandbox.  I don't want to invest time in a persistent game, when my efforts can be wiped out on a whim, having been through that nonsense often enough with private hives.  Unreliable, clumsily modified, mods replaced like cheap fashion ... and those dreadful admin cheat tools.  Not much of a recipe for a persistent game.

Alas poor Chernarus, I knew it, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy ...

Ah, there are many very good private Hives around. It's just a matter of finding them and getting connected with the folks there. If there are active admins, doing actual admin stuff and not interfering in the game, then you should be fine. As soon as there are donation perks involved you got to be careful. There are some private hives holding up to 100 player slots, which is pure insanity and brakes the game for me. I wonder how those admins pay for their machines. Donations, most likely, which is shite.

Feel free to hop on our server. It's got more vehicles, sure, but only a handful of scripts running. So it's pretty much vanilla.

• Like 1

No vanilla private hive will ever reach 100 players, not even 60 anymore so player amount doesn't even matter.

Yep, true. Those 2-3 100 player private hives are totally dumbed down and have nothing to do with the original DayZ experience. Big time player slots don´t equal qualitiy.

Wish there was a way to count how many matches you have left.

I think it should tell you in the description area. 

I never knew that. Man, you're so ahead of the game. :P

Make sure to toss away the empty box too , It just stays in your toolbelt when it's empty :)

Wish there was away to combine the few stray match sticks back to a full box.

• Like 1

I never knew that. Man, you're so ahead of the game. :P

i did say think i wasn't sure if we did add it or not :-)

• Like 1

*think* it may be "less than five" "one remaining" & "empty"

once a box has less than five you can add a second full box to your belt (not sure if bug or by design)