Sign in to follow this  
Paistinpannu

Better reloading

The current reloading system for the SKS or the Mosin is pretty un-immersive and awkward in my opinion. I think it'd be a really nice addition to let us reload all guns with the "R" key, a single round at a time (for the guns that don't use magazines or clips). I think this would make the combat more immersive and more fast paced. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

No. The whole reason for clips in dayz is to make the reloading faster thats the reward for finding them instead of manually reloading, though i would like r to reload instead of it being in the scroll wheel.

• Like 1

I just feel like half of the time I'm playing the game, I'm messing about with the inventory, and it really breaks the immersion for me atleast.

• Like 1

I find it pretty immersive to search your pockets for those bullets when you have to search your pockets for those bullets. It also rewards an orderly inventory just like in real life further increasing immersion.

Having a generic button that teleports the bullets into your hand and makes you reload without ever touching your pockets - thats unimmersive. But I would keep it for speedloaders/magazines for gameplay reasons (having no reload button at all would be the most immersive option).

However, fast reloading via scroll wheel/F feels pretty clunky to me. You walk around with your weapon in hand and want to open/close a door but its glitchy and so you reload your weapon instead. It obviously does not fix the door triggers but makes those bugs much less aggravating.

Edited by Evil Minion

Having a generic button that teleports the bullets into your hand and makes you reload without ever touching your pockets - thats unimmersive. 

Uh, no, not really. I for one can reload much faster IRL than I can in DayZ. I also don't have to open up a huge tab in front of my eyes and look for the bullets there, I just put my hand in whichever pocket I have my ammo in, and, without taking my eyes away from my target, put the bullets in the gun. Clunkiness =/= realism, despite what people seem to think. 

• Like 1

Uh, no, not really. I for one can reload much faster IRL than I can in DayZ. I also don't have to open up a huge tab in front of my eyes and look for the bullets there, I just put my hand in whichever pocket I have my ammo in, and, without taking my eyes away from my target, put the bullets in the gun. Clunkiness =/= realism, despite what people seem to think. 

i bet you have a fail rate of 50%+- IRL when you do that "fast reload"

I also don't have to open up a huge tab in front of my eyes and look for the bullets there, I just put my hand in whichever pocket I have my ammo in, and, without taking my eyes away from my target, put the bullets in the gun.

Which is equivalent to the current system when you know where your bullets are. If you have to search your inventory on the other side its not that situation. It would be the "somewhere in my backback I got some bullets" situation. Don't tell me you can reload swiftly under this circumstances.

So your main criticism is actually more about the inventory screen blocking too much vision.

Gratulations, you have weapon experience.

Other peoples dont have and the Survivors in DayZ dont have either.

I dont care if you can blindly take your gun appart and put it back together, tzhe guys in DayZ are just some random Survivors who maybe never used a gun before.

Gratulations, you have weapon experience.

Other peoples dont have and the Survivors in DayZ dont have either.

I dont care if you can blindly take your gun appart and put it back together, tzhe guys in DayZ are just some random Survivors who maybe never used a gun before.

False. The average survivor in DayZ knows exactly what to do with every weapon they come across at the same instant they get their hands on it, they know how to pilot helicopters, they know how to make fires with little supplies, they know a LOT of survival stuff. 

The current reloading system for the SKS or the Mosin is pretty un-immersive and awkward in my opinion. I think it'd be a really nice addition to let us reload all guns with the "R" key, a single round at a time (for the guns that don't use magazines or clips). I think this would make the combat more immersive and more fast paced. What do you guys think? 

It is already confirmed bud.

They tweeted that the system is being programed and will be added soon.

I assume a inventory slot somewhere will let you put spare bullets in it and you then press R to reload.

False. The average survivor in DayZ knows exactly what to do with every weapon they come across at the same instant they get their hands on it, they know how to pilot helicopters, they know how to make fires with little supplies, they know a LOT of survival stuff. 

How hard can it be to shoot, you point the gun at what you want dead and then pull the trigger...

But yeah, the helicopter part sucks, It feels unreal that random guys know how to fly a freaking helicopter.

How hard can it be to shoot, you point the gun at what you want dead and then pull the trigger...

But yeah, the helicopter part sucks, It feels unreal that random guys know how to fly a freaking helicopter.

So you've never shot a gun, have you?

I'd love to see how fast you managed to make a completely new gun operational. A gun you've never handled. And change parts in the gun. And add things like bipods and optics, instantly. Or even know, instantly, where the safety is, how it works, where the bullets goes and how the magazine comes out. Protip, these all vary, depending on the gun.

Edited by Xant

Assuming they're making full use of the ToH assets, 90% of the playerbase will not be able to pilot a helicopter successfully.

It is already confirmed bud.

They tweeted that the system is being programed and will be added soon.

I assume a inventory slot somewhere will let you put spare bullets in it and you then press R to reload.

Oh, didn't even know that. Thanks for the info buddy!

Assuming they're making full use of the ToH assets, 90% of the playerbase will not be able to pilot a helicopter successfully.

Even then its unrealistic that even 10 percent of the player base could fly a helicopter.

Random survivors somehow managing to get a bird in the air let alone pilot it ?

I dont buy i.

Interesting. I agree that it should be possible to put in a single shell at a time, if you have them accessible in your inventory (i e NOT in a canister, preferably not even in your backpack), but don't have a magazine or clip. 

No. The whole reason for clips in dayz is to make the reloading faster thats the reward for finding them instead of manually reloading, though i would like r to reload instead of it being in the scroll wheel.

Well it shouldn't, R should normally load the bullets (one by one and not as fast as right now in the mosin), and clips would significantly reduce reloading speed. That would be a better reason for the clips to excist

Another concept:

You can select some slots (up to a maximum of 4-6) as quick-access as long as they belong to your pants, shirt or vest (stuff you can reach relatively quickly). If pressing R you will only see your quick access slots and can select which magazine/bullet type you want to use (simple click should be enough). This way the character window won't block your whole screen and you gain some flexibility while keeping the "reach into your pockets" style.

+ remove the change of magazine with the 'f' button ...

• Like 1