SmashT

The challenge and saga of Zombie Pathfinding

Very exciting news! My jaw dropped when I saw the pic of that unfinished building Torchia posted.That thing looks IMMENSE! Oh, and that fish fillet....delicious! 

• Like 2

cool to hear some news. cant wait for that stuff to get released :)

Edit:

3rd Imgur Gallery, 7th Picture (the one with the guy shooting a Zombie)  :

suppressor Floating in the air ? a bit to the left from the church tower ??

Edited by rotteck
  • Like 1

Very well done everyone at bohemia, both of them! I see all these ignorant posts all over the forums and it makes me very sad for some of this community. While I myself am waiting patiently with realistic and healthy expectations from the game. I am very pleased with the results in this devblog and cant wait to help test it! Good job! 

• Like 8

yes - looks sweet

Edited by pilgrim

Very exciting stuff! Yes there is a lot of negativity flying about the place in regards to the last update, but this game still holds so much potential - i guess some people have no sense of perspective...

• Redeveloped “action” system, replacing the mouse-wheel scroll action system.

BOOM! Nice one. :)

• Like 11

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/85919354781/the-challenge-and-saga-of-zombie-pathfinding

Found this interesting.

• Redeveloped “action” system, replacing the mouse-wheel scroll action system.

Sounds alot like the ACE interaction menu it was a god send it allowed the scroll menu to not be cluttered while still allowing for a more complex game.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

Merged. Also, see my comment above. ;) :)

Who wants to bet zombies will still walk through walls?

it's navmeshically impossible!

• Like 10

Thumbs up for the heads up from hicks the other day on this, fully enjoyed his stream last night too double thumbs up on that, and a nice in-depth post to see. Good to see. Nice to see ya to see ya nice. 

Edited by Mr Sinister

also mildly interesting for navmesh-interested parties

• Like 4

Thumbs up! Thats the most interesting development post for months. Especially the part about the navmesh-creation. Worked on something similar in the past. Rockets right - the results are beautiful  :) !

I'm looking forward the next one.

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 1

One of the best devblogs! Even without updates we can see that there's much going on in the background.

• Like 1

nice blog, a lot of information for the reader to obsorb  but, overarchingly what I take from it is - "CRAFTING MASKS  WITH FUCKING BIG ANTLERS NOW!!!!"

• Like 1

Awesome.

Feesh?

Question, does the navmesh generation make it easier or more difficult to add new areas?

Hallelujah a new patch lol. Seriously, though, the unfinished building looks AMAZING.

• Like 1

cool to hear some news. cant wait for that stuff to get released :)

Edit:

3rd Imgur Gallery, 7th Picture (the one with the guy shooting a Zombie)  :

suppressor Floating in the air ? a bit to the left from the church tower ??

no its a shell casing

also mildly interesting for navmesh-interested parties

that might become very relevant when player made structures are included down the line. Also for some reason I find that mans voice very unsettling.

Who wants to bet zombies will still walk through walls?

Ill bet they dont!! Ive worked with navmesh before its gonna be good, but dont worry im sure you can find plenty of other stuff to whine about..

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 5

Awesome.

Feesh?

Question, does the navmesh generation make it easier or more difficult to add new areas?

the beauty of it is that is automatically generated so no one has to spend half their life drawing little lines all over the map. Going by the results in the pictures where even complex buildings had paths generated in them if anything it will allow the artists a lot more freedom to design more complex structures.