Sign in to follow this  
xalienax

How important should vehicles Be in the SA?

Vehicles  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How big of an impact should vehicles have/How important should they be?

• Vastly More then the mod. Vehicles should be everyone's goal!
    • The same or similar to the Mod. they should massively improve the abilities of those who have them.
    • Less than the mod. Vehicles should be a minor consideration for the average survivor.

Great. So as well as Medicaid, we'll have Dave's Dial-A-Taxi to get the respawns straight back to the deathmatch.

Funny thing is; almost everyone from the SA that ive introduced to the mod have preferrred the mod's gameplay. infact, i think the only ones who have a problem with the mod's vehicles are the bear-grylls like solo survivalists.

the helis have turned the north of this particular server into a warzone in which the 3 clans there are compeeting for vehicle supremacy. This is interesting gameplay, all involved are enjoying it. the thrill if stealing from and trashing your rivals' base and the rage of having it done to you. dayZ is in Apocalypse that happens to have zombies. everyone seems stuck on this dillusion that people just gater together all friendly like in dark times. Please, go look at any country/state where there has been a total collapse. people do work together- but they also divide into sects based upon varying principles or backgrounds. Clans/Squads are the Online gaming equivalent of this.

All i can say is the northern vehicle wars are keeping the major clans occupied with eachother and not (for the most part) shooting fresh spawns.

That is because the mods core gameplay was better.

The movement , shooting and gunplay was all 100x better in the mod. But yes even with that there helicopters hurt the gameplay.

That is because the mods core gameplay was better.

The movement , shooting and gunplay was all 100x better in the mod. But yes even with that there helicopters hurt the gameplay.

The helis created and fuelled a war. all involved benefitted from them being there.

without the helis the time spent re-gearing and getting back would have made it impossible to carry out the weeks of base wars.

The helis created and fuelled a war. all involved benefitted from them being there.

without the helis the time spent re-gearing and getting back would have made it impossible to carry out the weeks of base wars.

That made sense in the mod due to it basically being arma 2 with zombies.

How are people supposed to wage a war or heck why even waging a war be a thing in dayz ?

there is a heavy civilian focus and adding helicopters and tanks would counter act that.

That made sense in the mod due to it basically being arma 2 with zombies.

How are people supposed to wage a war or heck why even waging a war be a thing in dayz ?

there is a heavy civilian focus and adding helicopters and tanks would counter act that.

And for someone like me who wanted more of the gameplay from the mod thats a good thing. i never wanted a whole new animal, just a polished version of vanilla mod.

And for someone like me who wanted more of the gameplay from the mod thats a good thing. i never wanted a whole new animal, just a polished version of vanilla mod.

Thats a valid wish but say that does happen how are choppers going to get taken out with m4s ? and mosins ?

there is no sign of the game putting in any sort of heavy weapons heck the next 2 weapons in the game are a single shot pistol and an akm .

Thats a valid wish but say that does happen how are choppers going to get taken out with m4s ? and mosins ?

there is no sign of the game putting in any sort of heavy weapons heck the next 2 weapons in the game are a single shot pistol and an akm .

The AKM was more then capable. they just need to fix the crap shooting mechanics and itll be fine. and quite frankly if they dont i think we all need to re-evaluate rather the game is even worth the sapce on our drives when they break mechanics that worked in arma 2, to try to add value to thier cheesy attachments.

a chopper should NEVER be balanced against one lone guy with an AR. choosing to engage rather then cower in a solid structure should be a ballsy move for the lone wolf with nothing more then an M4 or AKM.

I'm all for lots of vehicles, but only without offensive capability whilst driving (e.g. bike, motorbike, ATV). Cars, tanks, planes, heli's etc should be much rarer and spawn in deteriorated state. Possibly cars should be more abundant and driveable. It's not like cars aren't abundant already (~10 billion roadworthy vehicles exist on earth, yes much more cars than people).