Sign in to follow this  
GunnyITA

Would you want back the reloading sounds when connecting?

The latest update removed the reloading sounds when someone connected.

For some reasons it's fine, for others i think not.

Example?

We were 5 camping on berezino on the buildings with many floors, plus 2 guys were going to loot on police station. ( 7 guys then)

1 sniper on the top covering the 2 guys outside

2 guys on the first floor preventing someone getting in

2 on the third floor on different rooms to look outside, west and east.

what happened?

A guy spawned on the "SECOND FLOOR"....I realized that after a few when i said to the other guys: "Pls stop moving on the Parquet floor, noise can be heard from outside"...

....yea, because when i turned back to see what was going on i saw a guy on the second floor and i realized that a guy spawned between us and military geared up!

After 15 mins we were not able to get out 1 guy, on a few minutes uncannily they became 2...so means 2 server hoppers!

So that I move on the opposite building to have a view on the windows and i went very close to the roof of the opposite building, where my footsteeps could be heard....and

What happened then? From the opposite building where i went another guy spawned on the roof and started to sniping my teammates on the other building. And off course he wasn't there from a while, otherwise he could heard me coming for him, he connected later!

I think a reloading sound or, another kind of sound that indentify when someone is connecting nearby it is needed. People now take advantage of this exploit and ruin the game, along with hacking people, infinite ammos and teleporting guys moving like a Nosferatu.

Now guys, consider that when do you connect from fresh starting game, the cache on the computer is free and while every map detail is going to be loaded we can look around if somebody is nearby and take advantage of this. like a wallhack

So do you server hopping and see if somebody is near you? Ok we can hear you connecting "lamer"!

feedback here:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=11462

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

Agreed, I was at NEAF with a group of friends, while we were looting we came under fire from a sniper at the NE hill, my friends took shelter in the police station/jail while I was stuck in the ATC tower keeping a lookout towards the hill. Ofcourse I had eyes on the staircase aswell and direct contact with my friends via TeamSpeak. All of a sudden my buddies start panicking down below, "There's a gun sticking out of the wall", someone had spawned into the top room where none of my friends had gone into because of the windows facing the hill. One of my friends opened the door and bang, a shot from the hill, dead. Another of my friends managed to kill the guy inside the room and closed the door again.

All this was happening while I was still at the ATC tower, I had seen the shot from the hill and proceeded to take shots at the location with my M4 Acog. I saw a figure run off into the woods but did'd reveal myself quite yet. A little while later I got shot at again from up the hill, once again we scouted safely for his location but this time his budy spawned in behind me, without me noticing, I had eyes on the staircase and forward towards the hill but he spawned on the outside of the ATC tower, by the railing and shot me dead in the back, his friend on the hill had eyes on me and told him where to spawn. Without any warning I had been ghosted and killed due to firstly, the ability to ghost, the no sound and lastly ofcourse my own fault for not checking my behind often enough.

All in all, we lost two men due to the ability to spawn in wherever you wish unnoticable.

I don't want that exact sound back because you could hear it from too far away...but you definitely shouldn't be able to spawn in quietly. There should be some sort of sound that plays that you can hear if you are very close by but that is it.

I don't want that exact sound back because you could hear it from too far away...but you definitely shouldn't be able to spawn in quietly. There should be some sort of sound that plays that you can hear if you are very close by but that is it.

Yea....something that can be heard within 30 metres at least . Enough to be heard on the building you are or in the one nearby.

• Like 1

Every time u log in a server, u can check 360 and accept or reject connection. At the same time, if u accept connection, a big yawn is heard from your location and your avatar stretches for 10 secs.

• Like 1

I want THIS SOUND

to play every-time someone log in :)

Best is from Riven

Agreed,

10 seconds of yodelling should do the trick.

Every time u log in a server, u can check 360 and accept or reject connection. At the same time, if u accept connection, a big yawn is heard from your location and your avatar stretches for 10 secs.

I'm partial to the Exile one.

Guys...what about if i'm starting a Feedback about it, will you vote for it?

Edited by GunnyITA

Votes serve absolutely no purpose but why not.

similar to other ideas, i think there should be a distinctive* sound of a bird, or something like that, a natural sound, that only plays when someone spawns into the game, and can be heard for about 50 meters.

i think this is fair, and it also forces players to log out in more remote areas, not in a town, not in an airfield/mil base. i really think this is the correct solution

Edited by qww

<Looks at shoes>I may not have been entirely serious engaged with the depth of feeling over this matter when I posted.</Looks at shoes>

But if we're going for yodelling, I'll want echoes - especially up in the hills.

I'm pretty sure it was a bug that they fixed. So, it was something that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

No noise on login, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it was a bug that they fixed. So, it was something that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

No noise on login, thanks.

so it is ligit to a group of people on TS3 to assault a building by swapping server and then swap again? ...Quit the game, refresh the cache and see what stairs or floor the enemy is and take it from behind with a glitch. Is that correct?

Edited by GunnyITA

Well I'm not one of those asshats but when I login I would prefer not to have a noise alerting people that I'm nearby. Regardless of where I logout.

Pardon me if my opinion differs, meh.

Well I'm not one of those asshats but when I login I would prefer not to have a noise alerting people that I'm nearby. Regardless of where I logout.

Pardon me if my opinion differs, meh.

That's why as i said above, i partially agree at this update.

You do must consider that any guide around that explain how to survive in DAYZ says clearly also where and how to logout. And it's an your own risk for your safety if you logged off inside a Prison on a military base or a Police Station.

If you want to loot smartly and server hopping you do have to stay away from that point of interests, like a stupid house or woods and take a minute more to go there and watch inside where do you wanted to.

If someone wants to log in right in the building you are, it's clearly because wants to have an advantage of the status of the game to ruin the PVP.

If i wanted the teleport i were playing STAR TREK ONLINE :-/

Edited by GunnyITA

i really cant undersdtand why onyone woudl not want a noise on log in, the current system makes it impossible to defend a building especially in a high value area. it also makes scouting almost void, you have to rely on luck. do you know what i mean?

I like it the way it is. I don't like sending out a feeding invite every time I log on. At least if someone is near me they are just as surprised as me when we run into each other. I dont like logging in and setting off an alarm for the players near you to come and kill you. Just my opinion, I can see what you guys are saying though, but each player has there style of play.

Edited by biggb45s

There has to be some sound at login. 

If i have cleared a building, i should feel safe, that there is nobody in there. Now i can clear the first floor of something like the jail building go downstairs and then suddenly there is someone coming down from the first floor which i have checked already. 

And without sound, it is so easy for players to ghost someone. 

If you dont want to be heared at login, then dont log out at buildings and high traffic areas

If they made the logout imitate our toons going to sleep, and the login waking up, then they could wake up with a hearty yawn :)