Sedstr

Know Your Server Session History

Simple batch file/script I wrote to present session history in order.

Copy to a text file, save as DayZHistory.bat or whatever.bat and run it.

While playing, it will present your server session connection history in order.

@echo off

setlocal

set FileName=%HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DayZ\%USERNAME%.DayZProfile

set FileTime="-"

:loop

for %%X in (%FileName%) do (

if %FileTime% NEQ "%%~tX" (

type %FileName% | find "lastMPServer"

)

set FileTime="%%~tX"

)

rem wait 5 seconds before checking again

TIMEOUT /T 5 >nul 2>nul

goto :loop

You can change the TIMEOUT value to anything you like, 120 seconds may be more appropriate.

Hope this helps...

Edited by Sedstr
  • Like 8

Interesting that you use a ping to wait 5 seconds. I suppose that works...

If it were in ksh, which I originally wrote it in, its a simple 'sleep 5' but in dos, I dont know of any other way to sleep the loop.

there is probably a better way in Power Shell, I just thought it would be easier to do in a vanilla DOS, in case people didn't have powershell installed.

Having said that, you could change the number of seconds between tests to whatever you think appropriate, pick a number below the wait time between connecting to a new server, 120 seconds could work fine I guess.

Edited by Sedstr

Why thank you good sir! 

tumblr_m4nikbnLH61r08oe3o1_500.gif

• Like 1

If it were in ksh, which I originally wrote it in, its a simple 'sleep 5' but in dos, I dont know of any other way to sleep the loop.

there is probably a better way in Power Shell, I just thought it would be easier to do in a vanilla DOS, in case people didn't have powershell installed.

Having said that, you could change the number of seconds between tests to whatever you think appropriate, pick a number below the wait time between connecting to a new server, 120 seconds could work fine I guess.

timeout ?

• Like 1

timeout ?

Fixed, thanks kichilron.

Fixed, thanks kichilron.

Might not work on Windows XP, but who uses that these days anyway? ;)

Also might want to include some "code"-brackets around the code bit in BB-Code.

Edited by kichilron

Might not work on Windows XP, but who uses that these days anyway? ;)

Also might want to include some "code"-brackets around the code bit in BB-Code.

I tried using code brackets, it indents it nice, but adds horible syntax highlighting.

It also removed any whitespace/cr and added code:auto=0 to it after editing it again. I tried code:dos, didn't fix the broken highlighting though.

• Like 1

Nice.my faves and server history constantly just do not work.  :thumbsup:  :beans:

glad its helped a few people

Very nice. Now if only the devs would just incorporate that feature into the useless "History" list so it wasn't a rambling mess we'd be set. ;)

Very nice. Now if only the devs would just incorporate that feature into the useless "History" list so it wasn't a rambling mess we'd be set. ;)

when they finish playing with ragdoll physics...

Edited by Sedstr

in case you missed it....

Nice OP! ^-^  :beans:

Nice OP! ^-^  :beans:

TY

@echo offsetlocalset FileName=%HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DayZ\%USERNAME%.DayZProfileset FileTime="-"set LogFile=E:\Scripts\DayZSessionHistory.txt:loopfor %%X in (%FileName%) do (    if %FileTime% NEQ "%%~tX" (		echo "%%~tX" >> %LogFile%        type %FileName% | find "lastMPServer" >> %LogFile%     )    set FileTime="%%~tX")rem wait 2 minutes (120) seconds before checking againTIMEOUT /T 120 >nul 2>nulgoto :loop

You know, this has been really really helpful. I took it a step further and store that information to a log file I can go back and check. The output in the log file looks like this:

"05/22/2014 09:34 PM" lastMPServer="108.174.57.17:2802";lastMPServerName="|g4| Look at the Flowers... | Chicago | 24/7 Day | 2hr Restarts";