Sign in to follow this  
Wili

Melee Weapons Damage and mechanics

Some ideas for melee (all damage is referring to PvP damage, not against zombies):

- You should be able to swing your melee weapon while sprinting, maybe giving 50% less damage while sprinting. Right now is almost impossible to hit anybody who is running from you, even if he's slower than you (wearing a firearm for example)

- All melee weapons should be buffed by 50% at least, melee fights are going forever, a melee player would have almost no possibility against player with guns, because you will need to hit him like 10 times while dodging bullets.

- Attack button should raise your melee weapon like when using guns. (SOLVED)

-Maybe injured players should run slower?

Here's a little video:

http://youtu.be/zZhUAfuTRek

Here's another little video:

http://youtu.be/uzlIBQnEcTQ

Edited by Wili

Some ideas for melee (all damage is referring to PvP damage, not against zombies):

- You should be able to swing your melee weapon while sprinting, maybe giving 50% less damage while sprinting. Right now is almost impossible to hit anybody who is running from you, even if he's slower than you (wearing a firearm for example)

- All melee weapons should be buffed by 50% at least, melee fights are going forever, a melee player would have almost no possibility against player with guns, because you will need to hit him like 10 times while dodging bullets.

- Attack button should raise your melee weapon like when using guns.

-Maybe injured players should run slower?

Here's a little video:

http://youtu.be/zZhUAfuTRek

Here's another little video:

http://youtu.be/uzlIBQnEcTQ

Yes this is brilliant idea.. The power of melee weapons is ridiculous in this game! It took me 12 hits with a fire axe to kill a bandit ! he was try to kill me with a sporter.22 so he was always going to lose but it was ridiculous!

• Like 1

Anybody knows if the melee damage has been buffed? I didn't test it lately.

Yes this is brilliant idea.. The power of melee weapons is ridiculous in this game! It took me 12 hits with a fire axe to kill a bandit ! he was try to kill me with a sporter.22 so he was always going to lose but it was ridiculous!

Hahaa Hillarious that Poor Bandit Wish I Could See that xD

Sporter .22 is a Step Down From the Fist We Were Born With Easily Worst Weapon in Game for me

(Sorry to fans of the .22 Sporter if that offends, it i just meant personaly is my least favored weapon)

Edited by NokyoOkami

Seems like. At least the axes deal quite some damage now.

Nice to hear that!, I hope it does quite damage to players also, the last time I tested it It was fine against zombies but really weak against players.

You have to actually have a bit of skill with your melee weapons now, 1 axe blow the head = insta kill.

Sporter .22 is a Step Down From the Fist We Were Born With Easily Worst Weapon in Game

Keep believing that. In fact the bow deals more damage than the fireaxe (which is quite deadly if aimed right) and the Sporter .22 is like a more accurate, fast firing bow. With all three weapons you better aim for the head (which results in a oneshot kill).

Keep believing that. In fact the bow deals more damage than the fireaxe (which is quite deadly if aimed right) and the Sporter .22 is like a more accurate, fast firing bow. With all three weapons you better aim for the head (which results in a oneshot kill).

Maybe Bow is Worse true Though Not Realy Seen anyone with a Bow

i know ive shot more than a few zombies in the head with a sporter and it only makes them angry

Given worse than fist was an exageration

But still i think being seen with no gun more likely to survive encounter with other players than trying defend self with a sporter :/

Seems like it just makes you have a gun to be kos for from distance than is very useful to me at least

Amphibia and Sporter are decent for combat practice tho ^_^

If a .22 purist tho go for it :) everyone has their own favorites but personaly for me i dont favor .22 weapons

Edited by NokyoOkami