jordanmammo

Ability to create survival shelters

Well, lets face it, apocalypse = survive, and when you can't stay safe inside a house because of zombies, you camp out in the middle of the woods, but in what you might ask...

Considering the current in game items, we have axes, we have rope, knives, other tools. Who says we can't build a survival shelter?

I really wish I could include some images, unfortunately I am posting this from my phone and can't go through the hassle.

But, I am pretty sure we can all imagine it. Something Les Stroud or Bear Grylls would have made in a few hours, a sort of tipee or tent like structure made out of wood & foliage, perhaps it can even store some items, like a few cans of food or some matches.

Now, it would still take a lengthy process to collect all these resources, hopefully they could all be pilled up in the vicinity and we could start crafting something out of it. Now, of course we would have to add some in-game items for this to work. I suggest the following;

In order to make a shelter, you would need:

[ Basic Tent Like Structure ]

1 Bundle of Rope

3 Large Sticks

12 Medium Sticks

8 Leafy Branches (Add more for better protection)

This structure would very nice protection from the elements such as rain and wind, however it wouldn't be 100% proof, perhaps 70-85%

Now, the advanced version of this would use a plastic tarp that must be between damaged -pristine to work sufficiently. This would make it be weather-proof.

Leave your opinions below, sincerely

-Jordan

• Like 1

Medium-term (Q3)

Barricading

• Physics based construction
  • Mainly focused on existing buildings.

Long-term (Q4/Qx)

Extended barricading

• Existing barricading to full construction
  • Allows players to create new structures
  • Persistent to that server