Sign in to follow this  
UltimateGentleman

Gore

(this may have been discussed before but it's not coming up with similar topics so what the hell)

Since the aim of this game is to be authentic or seem real, will we see some gore do you think? Like zombies actually eating dead people, maybe dead NPC's too, could have carcasses laying around in various locations currently it's just some empty land with the occasional blood stain.

Right now it's almost a semi-reliable feature that you can spawn back, run a few miles and retrieve what gear whoever killed you couldn't carry or get it all back if you died another way.

I do like that but if you were killed by zombies or zombies were nearby it would be cool if they actually started eating your old body, meaning you have to race back because after 10 minutes maybe everything in your pants has been ruined(along with the pants) after 20 everything on your torso, leaving the backpack for someone to probably find.

Playing as someone who hasn't recently died you'd see their body being eaten and be faced with the choice of leave it since the zombies are distracted or take them on in the hopes that you get good gear or maybe just MAYBE be nice and wait to see if whoever died comes back for their gear.

As for non death based gore it would be cool if when someone hits you with an axe you actually see the wound and your character actually applies first aid to it.

I'm sure first aid will be a bit more detailed in the end but do you think we'll see the kind of gore I describe ever?

• Like 2

Would love some gore. Nothing unrealistic though. And also love your idea of zombies eating corpses and ruining them. Happened in the mod, minus the ruining of gear of course. Should make you think twice about looting, seeing a dozen zeds around it

(this may have been discussed before but it's not coming up with similar topics so what the hell)

Since the aim of this game is to be authentic or seem real, will we see some gore do you think? Like zombies actually eating dead people, maybe dead NPC's too, could have carcasses laying around in various locations currently it's just some empty land with the occasional blood stain.

Right now it's almost a semi-reliable feature that you can spawn back, run a few miles and retrieve what gear whoever killed you couldn't carry or get it all back if you died another way.

I do like that but if you were killed by zombies or zombies were nearby it would be cool if they actually started eating your old body, meaning you have to race back because after 10 minutes maybe everything in your pants has been ruined(along with the pants) after 20 everything on your torso, leaving the backpack for someone to probably find.

Playing as someone who hasn't recently died you'd see their body being eaten and be faced with the choice of leave it since the zombies are distracted or take them on in the hopes that you get good gear or maybe just MAYBE be nice and wait to see if whoever died comes back for their gear.

As for non death based gore it would be cool if when someone hits you with an axe you actually see the wound and your character actually applies first aid to it.

I'm sure first aid will be a bit more detailed in the end but do you think we'll see the kind of gore I describe ever?

yes because the game is way to clean cut at the moment to be horror related.

Also dont give me that excuse as to why it cant be done when were outta the alpha/beta phase and nothing is done about it. lol

Edited by Deathlove

Would be surprised if the engine can actually handle gore.

Would be surprised if the engine can actually handle gore.

Im sure it could if done right.

The fountains of blood pouring from our bodies is a little silly at the moment lol.

• Like 1

Im sure it could if done right.

The fountains of blood pouring from our bodies is a little silly at the moment lol.

Not even ArmA 3 has the physics system to support gore.

It would honestly take allot of the teams time to create a good system.

But tbh, I'd prefer the team to focus on creating more fluid movements in the game than to focus on gore, the game is still very clunky.

But tbh, I'd prefer the team to focus on creating more fluid movements in the game than to focus on gore, the game is still very clunky.

yeah this needs to happen first.

The ragdoll should help with player movement and such, right? Maybe also the gore but im really not sure about the technicalities of ragdoll. More gore would be nice though eventually and there deffinatly needs to be more bodies around the place. Maybe you loot a house and theres a dead couple lying on the bed, brains up the wall and a lootable pistol in hand. Something to drive the whole apocalypse feeling.

Don't remember which mod but I took a trip to green mountain and there was corpses hanging off the tower. Was pretty creepy.

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 1

The ragdoll should help with player movement and such, right? Maybe also the gore but im really not sure about the technicalities of ragdoll. More gore would be nice though eventually and there deffinatly needs to be more bodies around the place. Maybe you loot a house and theres a dead couple lying on the bed, brains up the wall and a lootable pistol in hand. Something to drive the whole apocalypse feeling.

Or a dead soldier lying at an outpost or on the side of the road near a military vehicle with a gun in hand you can loot. SEE stuff like this would spice up the game. Its just little things that go with the gore and feel of the game that would be nice

We need good gore, so Berenzino and any upcoming hotspots can be stained with the blood of the slaughtered.

Fresh spawn corpses will be so much creepier when their bodies are ripped apart from shotgun pellets, their blood staining the ground. I'd love to see blood, at the very least.

• Like 1

Don't remember which mod but I took a trip to green mountain and there was corpses hanging off the tower. Was pretty creepy.

That would be great to have in the standalone at some point!

I get that with the engine it would be difficult to have body parts flying around in any realistic way, but I'm sure it could handle static body parts that have been taken off.

So like if nobody is there to see it a mutilated body is swapped in there, so anyone coming up doesn't know the difference it doesn't have to be so detailed that you could sit and watch zombies rip each and every organ out(though that would be awesome) but seeing some half eaten bodies or bloody bones laying around would add so much to the atmosphere.

That about the couple sounds like some great detail, now this is off the point but I was also thinking they should do away with paper mostly and leave diary entries about, from people before the game starts. So that couple could have a note next to them explaining what happened, the whole "I'm sorry" deal.

Obviously the way injury and bleeding works right now is just a place holder but if they're going for authenticity I think they definitely should look in to gore.

When they add animals too, pigs, wolves and bears if they add them could be found eating bodies. So you could be all "Haha I spawned right near my body!...*runs*...holy S***! A freaking bear are you kidding!"

(quick question are we allowed swear words here? I've not seen that many don't want to go getting warned thinking they're fine)

Dead Island has some pretty gore imo.

I think better gore effects is needed at some point. The blood “effects” when you get hit and when you hit others are rather basic at the moment, it would be good if there were better dripping blood effects, body impacts and blood splats when you nail someone with an axe etc, nothing too cartoony though (like Mortal Kombat etc), keep it realistic.

Having zeds eating fallen corpses is something I’d love to see, would add a lot of atmosphere, as would having just generally more discarded blood and maybe body parts just scattered around, even if these are static/fixed texture entities and not actually created by a fallen player.

I think better gore effects is needed at some point. The blood “effects” when you get hit and when you hit others are rather basic at the moment, it would be good if there were better dripping blood effects, body impacts and blood splats when you nail someone with an axe etc, nothing too cartoony though (like Mortal Kombat etc), keep it realistic.

Having zeds eating fallen corpses is something I’d love to see, would add a lot of atmosphere, as would having just generally more discarded blood and maybe body parts just scattered around, even if these are static/fixed texture entities and not actually created by a fallen player.

Yea the blood squirting is pretty laughable at times and I hope more time is spent on it, things such as getting hit by a zombie shouldnt turn me into a sprinkler. Id prefer your cloths turning red in the area you got hit too maybe until you replaced them or possibly wash them (stand over water, right click clothing, wash) then maybe dry them over a fire too. The more you bled the more blood on your clothing until you bandage. Also leaving trails of blood on the floor and bloody rags youve used. It all adds to the immersion, you could even follow blood trails not knowing what you could find at the end.

And yea zombies eating corpses is a must, make it difficult to get the gear and you need to get it before the good stuff gets damaged or eaten.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

A lot of games lack decapitation and dismemberment.. Dayz could also really do with it imo.

Sadly that won't be happening.

but yes more gore would be nice. proper gore. not those pathetic red smoke clouds we have now.