Dagwood

Another thread about looking friendly

I'm afraid I purposely don't use a mic because I don't live alone and hate to wake others in the evenings. If it's any consolation, I have a lot of teamplay experience from befriending randoms in the mod. I type fast :)

Ah okay! Yeah I don't live alone either but I do manage to speak. I take it you only play in the evenings then o: ?

LOL i would class myself as a friendly PvPer ( eg survivour of types) i stalk people get myself into a good position and frrom cover declare myself as un threatening as i can ( not screaming friendly friendly lol) i say PvPer as with the huge amount of KoS players or un mic wearing players the moment someone talks they start a firing and if they want to shoot well my sks gets a little work .

If they talk they quickly get the idea i am not holding them up not trying for the blood often trade can happen or just shooting the breeze then i will carefully slink of into the shadows watching my 6 for the again often happening oh i changed my mind now i am going to kill you player lol.

What i wear never really seems to mater if they see me first most will shoot hence i try as much stealth as possible and get first vision ( so many players run every were i have been crouched moving slowly through bushes and had plenty people just run straight past me..

This whole mentality oh cammo means a bandit crap is complete bull it has the most pockets for storing shit it is good cammo so it helps not get shot sounds like what a survivour would want to wear lol really they saying he has good shit lets kill and lot him but these same people will shoot you wearing a yellow rain coat waving at them because they go he has a gun he could be a threat etc. To many death match players and so you have to play bearing that in mind...

• Like 1

Ah okay! Yeah I don't live alone either but I do manage to speak. I take it you only play in the evenings then o: ?

Mostly, yes. But I'm available during the afternoon frequently as well.

Mostly, yes. But I'm available during the afternoon frequently as well.

Would you be able to mic chat then o: ? My steam is Hiniberus, ought to find me on that on steam c:

blue press vest, blue wool coat, black trousers, and cowboy hat/ UN helmet

I like to look like a bright blue medic :D

I had over 600 hours in the mod before the SA released, so no need to talk down to me. I've gone through the shoot everything to insure my survival stage.

When you learn to talk face to face with armed, hostile players while doing it in a way that puts you in little danger because of superior positioning and effective communication skills, you will understand how foolish your black and white thinking and playstyle truly are.

And you would know my playstyle how? Ever had an encounter with me?, no? thought so. And you tell somebody not to talk down to you. Oh, the irony.

And you would know my playstyle how? Ever had an encounter with me?, no? thought so. And you tell somebody not to talk down to you. Oh, the irony.

Telling someone not to talk down to you =/= talking down to someone. 

The same way you "knew" I was an ignorant noob running around yelling friendly while playing dress up. Don't insult people and you won't get called out for doing so. It isn't listed on these forums, but it's a golden rule you have probably heard of.

The same way you "knew" I was an ignorant noob running around yelling friendly while playing dress up. Don't insult people and you won't get called out for doing so. It isn't listed on these forums, but it's a golden rule you have probably heard of.

I was joking... Get that stick out of your ass.

Oh that's where I left it! Now I can upgrade my courier bag ;)

You'll get shot if you have more stuff than everyone else, period.

I find you get shot period.

I've been doing this. The best way to appear unthreatening, in my experience, is NEVER to carry a backpack of any kind and certainly never carry a visible weapon. You can walk around Berezino and Svetlo relatively unmolested, because people tend to think you're a new spawn. They don't know you've got a sawn-off in your rider jacket, and your cargoes are full of reload clips and ammo. If you carry an SKS, even if it's on your back, too many people shoot before asking questions; if you appear to be unarmed (no back-pack makes this more likely), you are much more likely to get friendly interactions. I've done it: it works, I swear.

All the non-combat-orientated player ever really needs to carry is: a gun (just in case!); some ammo for it (not much - 1 or 2 stacks - it's easy to pick up more on your travels), a can opener (or equivalent), bandages (maybe some morphine in case of accidents/glitches); binoculars are quite useful too, and I like to carry the in-game map because it's cool.

You don't need a melee weapon, because you can kill a zombie in 3 punches (or shoot it). And you don't need a rifle unless you are actively looking for gunfights. You don't need to carry food ever - just eat what you find where you find it. You don't need a canteen.

Walking makes you appear less threatening than running, I also find, and it also makes it easier to observe your surroundings. When you leave town for a yomp in-land, by all means find a backpack and put some supplies in for the journey - but in the high-traffic coastal places, you're safer without one. (Hopefully this changes soon, because it's a bit silly how easy it is to survive with virtually no kit at all - you could probably live forever with just a can opener and some rags, as long as you steered clear of the "competitive" bits of the map).

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 1

Clothing doesn't make the player, his or her actions do.

I have met the most friendliest people dressed up in Full-Military gear with a M4 in their hands and a Mosin on their back.

I have also ran into people such as yourself who go for a "Friendly" appearance and are the biggest A-Holes I have ever met, period.

What I am trying to say here is, dressing a certain way isn't going to change the fact that your another player in a game where people PvP and KoS on a regular basis, they don't care what you have or what your wearing, all they care about it taking out whomever they come across.

If your trying to RP a "Friendly" survivor might I recommend that you take a look at the Mod's Hero Skin and try your best to outfit yourself to mirror it.

But like I said, it's not what you wear, it's what you DO with that gear that makes you who you are.

Another thing to fixing?

The game is whole festival of M4

Mosin is pretty common aswell but need a little more skill and suffer on close range.

But M4 is Spray and pray....everyone lean out and spamm with it....And dozens of time i've placed all my 2 hits with double barrel shotgun within 5 metres and didn't killed the target made me angry

Weapons' damage charts must be fixed!

-Blaze shall inflict more damage than a mosin to balance it and let people choose by his playstile and role It has ammo and require a little bit more skill to use it!

-IZH 43 damage for each pellet is tremendously low. This is justified by the fact of the many times i've hit someone on close range and didn't killed with both shoots! running with the fists is more effective then!

- .22 weapons does not inflict enough damage:  Today, alone i've killed 2 military with a Sporter, I quite did it alone even if they had M4s....I killed the first with around 20 hits, plus around other 30 missed hits. Most of the shoot have been made to the legs, to trying to stop him at least. But i've killed him before breaking a leg.

The second one got me but before die i've made him bleed.

it's frustrating.

Quite everyone military

Quite everyone M4 and helmet. Spray and Pray....bha, annoying!

Go to play Arma2 or arma 3 instead! WTF?!

Edited by GunnyITA

Clothing doesn't make the player, his or her actions do.

I have met the most friendliest people dressed up in Full-Military gear with a M4 in their hands and a Mosin on their back.

I have also ran into people such as yourself who go for a "Friendly" appearance and are the biggest A-Holes I have ever met, period.

What I am trying to say here is, dressing a certain way isn't going to change the fact that your another player in a game where people PvP and KoS on a regular basis, they don't care what you have or what your wearing, all they care about it taking out whomever they come across.

If your trying to RP a "Friendly" survivor might I recommend that you take a look at the Mod's Hero Skin and try your best to outfit yourself to mirror it.

But like I said, it's not what you wear, it's what you DO with that gear that makes you who you are.

Yes, but first impressions do count! I have actively experimented with this, I think there is a genuine difference in people's attitude when you stay at a low-gear appearance.

Edited by Pillock

Yes, but first impressions do count! I have actively experimented with this, I think there is a genuine difference in people's attitude when you stay at a low-gear appearance.

This is the mentality I want to foster in strangers I encounter. Do you think the taloon or the improvised appears more "low-gear"?

I would run the no pack look but I like carrying assorted tools and cooking gear with me.

Playing devil's advocate here, but this entire thread was created because you're both a new player, and because you want to look "less militant," which is akin to "running around yelling friendly while playing dress up."

With that said, I'm in the same boat as you. I want better  interactions with others vs having to log out because two jackasses with M4A1's are chasing me around town for shits and giggles. I wish I had the faith in humanity to think that changing anything about my style of play would affect that, but I have been killed in every circumstance, including as a freshie less than five seconds after spawning. There will always be players taking advantage of situations, and it's just up to blind luck whether you have the misfortune of dealing with them.

Edited by nanookrubbedit

anyone complaining about being killed should uninstall the game, (in my view)

in a real life fucked up world survival situation, would you expect everyone to be friendly?

even in real life we have these days, people get stabbed and shot for virtually nothing. a phone, a bad look, anything.........think about it.

why woudl you expect thsi dayz environment to be some happy friendly  place

get real, stop complaining, learn how to play.

im not even a kill on sight player, but i will shoot people who fuck around or if i cant be sure theyre not hostile.

Playing devil's advocate here, but this entire thread was created because you're both a new player, and because you want to look "less militant," which is akin to "running around yelling friendly while playing dress up."

Umm... How is looking less militant akin to running around screaming friendly? Are the people who play this game only capable of black and white views of how to play the game? I would like to think not.

Whether Frankie staged his videos or not, I thought he would have taught everyone that playing friendly doesn't necessarily equate to throwing your life away.

If someone has all the military gear (assault vest, ballistic helmet, high end gun and camo stuff) I'm more likely to open fire. I don't shoot on sight (unless you wear a payday mask), but the more military stuff, the more wary I am. Even so, if I think you're hostile I'll open fire no matter what your gear is like.

Edited by falcon1439

Been rocking a red hoodie, beige cargo pants, black baseball cap and a courier bag to try and appear friendly and or a newish spawn (some consider synonymous). Getting frustrated at the lack of space for RP items in my courier bag (matches, cooking gear, extra tools for fellow survivors, etc).

My question is: would a blue taloon backpack appear more or less friendly/newbish than my courier bag? Or should I just upgrade to an improvised backpack? (Which I consider to look more militant/threatening than most other packs).

Why carry stuff that arent useful at present (cooking gear? Matches?) - I would go for the improvised backpack, more than enough space on that.

Now with my luck iam also sporting a pressvest. I think i throw that Thing into a bush since everyone and his mother will try to shoot me for that damm Thing.

Ah the press vest. That nice big target that says "shoot me" :D

I was wearing the perfect little "friendly dress" recently. Tan tactical shirt, beige cargo pants, hard hat, purple backpack, pink shoes, pick axe, shotgun.. Basically a calming inconspicuous tan along with some girly colored accessories ... Still got shot at by two people while fighting zombies.

*story time in spoilers*

Ironically after running away and shooting a guy that followed me with his gun raised ready to kill me I was accused of being a COD kid... This was of course after I threw morphine down the stairs to help him fix his arm which I broke. Oh and it was in hardcore.

Eventually he died from Somone else shooting him, and after calming down from the constant gun fire in my area ( I was holed up behind the berenzino hospital) I figured I'd die so I just decided to say "screw you guys!" And started running through the street throwing medkits as a symbolic peace protest. I got rewarded with a mosin shot to my back( didnt do much damage just ruined some charcoal tablets), and an axe murderer who I had I defend myself against.

In the end I switched out all my ruined gear for the axe murderers gear, including a fully modded pristine M4. By the time I made it out of the berenzino area I looked like a generic camo soldier... When I started out so pretty and nice. :(

As for the backpack, I imagine with the improvised backpack that some newbies might kill you for it or want to ask you how you got it, and some more experienced players may be wary of you since they know you aren't some newb that just started playing today.... Though that might also make them think you're more level headed and into the experience of the game... I dunno it's a risk either way.

I know one friendly player who said he just drops his back pack and runs away if he ever comes across someone that just try's to kill him. I mean you can get new stuff, and it should distract the greedy bandits enough to keep you alive... Maybe even leave some funny/friendly notes In your backpack for when you do this. Of course this doesn't really work for snipers though that shoot you before you can even respond, but people like that tend to not care what you're wearing.