miss_hellcat

Medicinal HERBS & PLANTS..

Ive been thinking lately, wouldn't it be great if instead of having to crawl around busy towns looking for moriphine or an epi pen when our limbs are in pain, that we could scour the forests looking for MEDICINAL flowers, plants, herbs that we could harvest and either eat (or smoke) for PAIN RELIEF??  This is very realistic in my opinion as there are many beneficial plants with healing properties in Nature, in a forest map this big..theres GOT to be a few places where we can heal ourselves this way without becoming a target in town.  Please consider this one, I think its a fantastic addition!

• Like 3

hmmmm i'm in RL administrator of a medical office and i can assure there's notthing in the woods you can use to replace a Morphine, penicillin or epinephhrine injection  ;)

maybe if they add something like wound infections and cold fever you can use medical erbs to endure until you can find some antibiotics

Hm.

Bark can be used to heal fractures. (not very efficient, but it's an option)

Wrap cloth around the broken limb, "tie" fresh bark around it.

When drying, the bark looses its flexibility and holds everything together.

here is a german .pdf about this ;)

(AFAIK, indians used this method, too)

And since the logic is:

morphium = "no pain" = fixes broken bone

why not

heavily smoking/inhaling herbs = fixes bone ? :D

(just kidding, chill down, chill, chill, chill)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

i hope they will remove also: morphine = "no pain" = fixes broken bone for something like: morphine = no pain for X mins = i can find a something useful to fix my leg/arm  ;) 

Edited by JKS-Alex

so like marijuana? we need some cannabis yo.

On the serious side, they should add willow trees that we can crush the bark up into to make aspirin.

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 1

Well Papaver Somniferum is a annual herb where Morphine comes from.

You could collect them and make a tea from the flowers when cooking is added to the game for fixing broke legs and such. But I cannot think anyone would go through the massive work to make some morphine-tea, or keep the needed items in their backpack to prepare it.

Better just use some morphine injectors, even though it be a cool feature to collect medicinal herbs. There are too few illnesses (is it really called that? :)) to make it worth the while.

Edited by harvest

Well the plants could also be used for other health, energy purposes not only healing or pain releif.. you could also put some topically after bleeding by zombies to prevent infection.. so many uses for plants and herbs that people tend to forget not only for their pain relief properties but so many other medicinal and therapeutic qualities as well! Maybe even as repellent when were out in the woods like lemongrass or citronella etc? (The BIRCH trees would actually double as this too when the tar is melted down) But Im all for scavenging for the more natural side of things that will help aid in our survival.. how about finding some honey even? A tonne of health qualities in that alone..  with honey, bees could be close by.. might be fun way to implement an insect interaction as well.. brainstorming outloud lol

Just slit the bulbs and collect the goop. Put in a glass pan and stick it in the oven until desired dryness. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. A shame poppies only bloom in July and it is forever autumn.

• Like 1

I think this would be a good idea , but as far as healing broken legs id say we shouldn't make any herbs that insta-heal broken limbs ... Like someone else said maybe a make shift cast could be made that over a few hours of game time your leg would be healed .

I know morphine healing legs instantly is unrealistic which is why I opt against herbs insta healing , but they would definitely be good for nutrition (eating some herbs) , casts , and healing sickness like antibiotics would . As far as something marijuana like , I could see it being harvested to prevent "the shakes" like when you would shake in the mod when too low on blood .

Cool ideas, I support it.

They could at least make the pumpkins eatable and add those dang berrys to the shrubs that are placed all over chernarus.

Cool ideas, I support it.

They could at least make the pumpkins eatable and add those dang berrys to the shrubs that are placed all over chernarus.

Good idea!  I thought about the pumpkins too.. shame you cant.. also an occasional apple on one of those orchard trees here and there wouldn't hurt either, since we find apples, oranges, bananas, and now zucchinis in the houses on the floor.. maybe it makes more sense to find at least the apples in the trees, or zucchinis in one of those broken down greenhouses out back the homes! I'd like that

Good idea!  I thought about the pumpkins too.. shame you cant.. also an occasional apple on one of those orchard trees here and there wouldn't hurt either, since we find apples, oranges, bananas, and now zucchinis in the houses on the floor.. maybe it makes more sense to find at least the apples in the trees, or zucchinis in one of those broken down greenhouses out back the homes! I'd like that

Yeah, apples and zucchinis can be cultivated in Russia, it would be great to collect those. Bananas and oranges would probably need a giant tempered greenhouse with support lightning to work in that climate.

Meadowsweet is also a herb that can be used as aspirin, well we use it where I´m from anyways.

Edit: There are pinetrees everywhere. One could use the shoots, green pointy (sorry don´t know the english word) for making a multivitamin tea. Well Vitamin C at least :)

Edited by harvest

Just slit the bulbs and collect the goop. Put in a glass pan and stick it in the oven until desired dryness. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. A shame poppies only bloom in July and it is forever autumn.

Yeah would make it easier. Devs better include a opium-pipe as loot ;)

Pumpkins will come.

The DEVs already made  models of them (pristine and rotten ones)

And horticulture will come also:

That is so legit.

I hope it will be possible to gather seeds from fruit and veggies one loot and the ones harvested.