Sign in to follow this  
tmxs38

Setting up rat traps gave me an idea

Seen a few rats running through my garden the other day so I set up some traps.

Obviously I immediately thought about DayZ. It would be nice being able to set up traps in DayZ both for trapping animals and people. You could set up traps that capture your prey dead or alive like spring snares, deadfall traps, bow traps, net traps ect ect.

I think I heard about traps/tunnels being implemented at a later date or a possibility anyway.

Here's a few pictures to give you an Idea.

deadfall.jpgWELFARE-STATE-IS-A-SNARE-TRAP-NET.jpgfig8-14.gif

wire-snare.jpgbooby-trap-mural-1.jpg

Even if only for animals it would be great. If you could trap other players it will defiantly put some pressure on snipers :D

Tunnels would be brilliant also.

vietnam-cu-chi-tunnels.jpg

I'm curious, what does the DayZ community think about this?

• Like 5

I'd definitely like to see an expanded amount of traps, I think the classic bear trap will be in the game undoubtedly, but the spike trap would be really REALLY cool to have.

The underground tunnels look really cool as well, I know the devs talked about underground bases, but now they're talking about barricading and making actual bases (Which I would assume to be similar to Epoch?).

Hell, I'd like to see both!

I'd love to see at least tripwires, Like the ones they released in the mod, Smoke, Flare, Cans and explosive..

They worked so well..

I +1 this...

Not sure how i would feel about randomly dying because I step over something though... so much rage... quits...