Sign in to follow this  
akafugitive

zombies: They only come out at night.

I was thinking about zombie respawn, and had an idea:

With accelerated night/day cycle, why not tie zombie respawn into happening only at night. It would depend on the server detecting the player being in a zombie respawn zone still. While visibility is low you won't be seeing them just pop up from the ground like you do in the day light, they could re spawn as close as a few hundred meters and it would still feel fine because you won't see it spawn up.

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 2

Because Accelerated day/night is and always will be an option. :P

It's a cool idea though.

Who honestly wants the default setting to remain on 24 hour though? I know I can't play a game for that long, and enjoy seeing time transition to see all times of day in a single play through. I typically only usually get a chance to play at the same time when I do also.

Personally I would be happy if a full 24 hour cycle happened in 6 hours or less

Edited by akafugitive

Zombies shouldn't be changed because of a certain time of day other than their abilities to see people. I don't see how zombies could continually chase you in the dark when you can't see anything in plain sight at night :)

Zombies shouldn't be changed because of a certain time of day other than their abilities to see people. I don't see how zombies could continually chase you in the dark when you can't see anything in plain sight at night :)

This only has to do with respawn, not how they behave.

Although I do like that idea, I'd love to have real time cycle for some servers at least. But having a bigger risk at night with more zombies or them respawning at night is some thing I would be interested to see and play with. Love that idea.

If gamma glitching was fixed perhaps, otherwise I see no reason to play at night and I see no reason why any server admin wouldn't opt for day time only settings.