G.Freeman

500 second wait timer? Rant @ devs

$0.02

This new timer is bullshit devs. 

SOME of US have LIVES, Girlfriends, Jobs, Gardens, A house, SHIT TO DO.  So if we're playing and get a "Lost Session"  or join a server then get kicked by some asshole abusing the server owner rules; WE the normal players get slapped on the wrist for it? 

So you think we want to wait 500 seconds.  Yeah, right...  Fix other MORE important things other than screwing with wait timers.  Server hoppers aren't THAT big of an issue, my god.

Who made this 500 second timer? I'd like to slap him across the face for wasting my time.

Community;
A. If you're complaining it fixes ghosting (maybe you fucking camp too much? think about that one :P)
B. If you're complaining it fixes server hopping.  (people are going to get gear regardless, A noob with a weapon is STILL A NOOB.)

This game is going to be in ALPHA for how much fucking longer? And you're incorporating these timers now? WHY, WHY, WHY

THANKS for literally wasting HOURS of my accumulated time in the next year + Should I decide to keep playing the whole time.

End Rant

Edited by G.Freeman
  • Like 33

I like it, but I've never seen it that high. I was bounced off a few restarted servers, wait time was 180ish seconds each time.

500 seconds and you are complaining cmon dude thats such a tiny amount of time.

• Like 2

Who made this 500 second timer? I'd like to slap him across the face for wasting my time.

Slap dem server hoppers bro.

Slap dem server hoppers bro.

I hope the rejoin same server timer is off on current stable, antihoppers(ghosters) like now it s still a joke, and need more polishing.

PS

Nice ugly avatar, is that you ? It may be, considering you just post to troll or to troll who don t think like you, nolifer ? Tech/Troll/Rant/Alpha poster in a forum to discuss the game we r financing.

Yeah yeah it is a pain - but what have we come to when having to wait 8 minutes is such a hardship?

• Like 3

In the grand scheme of things, 500 seconds is a pittance. 

Yeah yeah it is a pain - but what have we come to when having to wait 8 minutes is such a hardship?

Well that is a hell of a long time to ask someone to wait to play a game.

Frankly I'd go do something else if I had to wait that long and I think that most people would unless it was patch day. :D  

• Like 3

dem rantz, lol dude if you go and play something else don't come back

Well that is a hell of a long time to ask someone to wait to play a game.

Frankly I'd go do something else if I had to wait that long and I think that most people would unless it was patch day. :D  

this is hopefully what a server hopper would do

though I agree with you on how easy it is to get loot without hopping

I hate this feature.  I have many times logged in and then logged out because mates are elsewere, night time, computer crashed, graphics glitch, etc etc.

I understand why it is done, but there should be some other way of detecting hoppers and scared gamers.

• Like 5

In the grand scheme of things, 500 seconds is a pittance.

Troll or just letmebepolite "slow" ? I bet on, i do my stuff anyway so......FUCK the world, i m ok.

Yea they need to fix having to wait when you rejoin the same server.

As for joining a whole new server 500 seconds is not enough triple that to 1500 seconds.

• Like 1

If people don't think 8 minutes is a long time you should get more things to do in your daily life,  and that small 75 year life span of ours doesn't last long.

8 minutes is A LONG TIME... accumulate that over a year +? ouch.

Edited by G.Freeman
  • Like 10

8 minutes is A LONG TIME... accumulate that over a year +? ouch.

Really!? Would you say that to your significant other as well?

Server hopping/ghosting is an issue and currently this mechanic alleviates that issue until something else comes along. In saying that, I've never had an issue with it but I don't server hop, ghost or have major connection issues. Guess I'm just lucky.

what people don't get is if you have a short period of time to play once is bad enough but if a issue arises and it happens more than once you literally just ate up valuable play time.

it is too long. who the hell wants to sit looking at a blank black screen for 8 minutes at a time. im all for the game but some people are just too loyal in support sometimes :lol:

i once joined server game crashed , first limit started then for some reason server crashed then game crashed shortly after again. spent over 10 minutes for no real reason other than game was not stable and a silly timer is too long.

there are better ways of dealing with ghosters , devs need to find them.

• Like 6

Server hopping/ghosting is an issue and currently this mechanic alleviates that issue until something else comes along. In saying that, I've never had an issue with it but I don't server hop, ghost or have major connection issues. Guess I'm just lucky.

You just admitted this is a shitty placeholder (dejavù) that have to be polished or renewed.

ATM it just, as you sayd, alleviate SOME problems, like ghosting on some retarded snipers campimg that spot all day long or slowing down people who want to gear fast and not willin to run for 1hr just to find every fucking place empty, also make loads of ppl whit shitty xdsl or 3/4g whit the game desync every minute and boot you out.

This system born flawed and retarded to me, period.

I love the tears of all the crying server hoppers / ghosters in this thread. 

Keep up the good work devs,btw could you also increase the time to join the servers, 8 min is too short.

* 8 minutes in nothing to the amount of time people travel from town to town.

Edited by Sobieski12

Really!? Would you say that to your significant other as well?

Well, your perspective is off, really really off. Those two aren't comparable. To play a video game, its a long time. Really though, you don't even get into those long delays unless your joining unoffical servers, having system issues, or jumping servers. 

If they fix this so you do not get a timer if you rejoin the same server would you be ok with this ?

The timer should absolutely stay if you join a new server, but if you join the same server it should be gone.

• Like 10

If they fix this so you do not get a timer if you rejoin the same server would you be ok with this ?

The timer should absolutely stay if you join a new server, but if you join the same server it should be gone.

Beans for the solution.

• Like 2

I'd have no problem with this.

You just admitted this is a shitty placeholder (dejavù) that have to be polished or renewed.

ATM it just, as you sayd, alleviate SOME problems, like ghosting on some retarded snipers campimg that spot all day long or slowing down people who want to gear fast and not willin to run for 1hr just to find every fucking place empty, also make loads of ppl whit shitty xdsl or 3/4g whit the game desync every minute and boot you out.

This system born flawed and retarded to me, period.

Hrmm did I say it was a shitty mechanic? I don't think I did. Ghosting/Hopping is a problem that the current timer mechanic alleviates, we have had word that something else may come along to replace it. Is that a better way of phrasing it? Although it pretty much means the same thing. I hope that gets your approval.

Well, your perspective is off, really really off. Those two aren't comparable. To play a video game, its a long time. Really though, you don't even get into those long delays unless your joining unoffical servers, having system issues, or jumping servers. 

Time is time and 8 minutes isn't a lot of it, regardless of what activity you're engaging in.

Heard somewhere on latest patch discussion that the timer is actually 600 seconds meaning full 10 minutes....

This is bad!? 

This is great news! :D

Didn't Rocket say that this is how it's working now anyway or is going to be soon? Could've sworn I heard that somewhere.