void_public

Ingame Server Report Option

So I've recently noticed that quite a lot of servers kick people for no reason at all, so i suppose that they are up for loot, which is not legal (as far as I am informed). You can only kick for massive verbal abuse or something similar.

Same applies for servers which have names in them like "do not join", "private server no joining", "character will be reset on joining" (this is obviously a trick to keep people out) and so on.

Going to the forums to report server is so annoying and too much work for too many people.

A simple button to report a server (and send all the details required, so no longer typos in reports *yay*) with a short field (100 characters) where you can describe what the problem is, would be sufficient.

With that they can keep out the abusing admins and the abuse will get less as they would be afraid of getting their server reported and therefor banned.

Thanks for reading, let me know what comes to your mind.

• Like 1

I favor this concept, best suggestion yet.  I do see the abused side of it to play devils advocate, people getting upset and just pinning the life out of the server with their friends.  The overall idea I do like as with hopes it could go straight to the GSP to monitor.

Well of course those reports should be investigated and not blindly followed. A server gets a hidden reputation. For each report it gets this score increase and at a certain level admins are informed about their server being reported. If the reports keep coming in for some reason, some of the DayZ staff would have to check (like they do in the forums atm) if the reports are valid and if action is needed.