Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrafficCone

Use Weapon Attachments Without Needing The Weapon

The title is pretty self explanatory. Forgive me if this has been brought up before; I searched and found no results.

Anyways, I realized it would be pretty neat to use weapon attachments without actually needing the weapon for them to function. This idea sort-of works now with bayonets, despite the fact one can't actually use them on a weapon yet. What I mean is being able to, say, put a pistol flashlight in your hands and use it as a flashlight. Or put an ACOG sight in your hands and use it as a functional monoscopic sight a la binoculars (like a spyglass), but with the magnifications of the individual sights and maybe a narrowed field of view as there's one eye being used, not two. Perhaps in the future, should under-barrel grenade launchers ever be implemented, they could also be used without needing to be attached to a weapon.

Edited by ThatTrafficCone
  • Like 6

I do like the idea of this, and I think at least a few, like flashlights, will be useable without attaching.

(You can use bayonets to open cans btw, attached or not.)

• Like 1

The weapon torch for the M4 RIS grip is usable already without it being attached. Works just as the normal torch. I wouldn't be surprised if the same would apply eventually to some other attachments.

You can use some of the Attachments already.  Bayonets can stab (I'm sure I killed a zombie by sneaking up behind it and stabbing it in the head once with a mosin bayonet, but that was a couple of patches ago) and weapon lights can be used like flashlights.  I would imagine now that binocs have been added in, unattached scopes will probably get their turn.

• Like 1

This is exactly what I was thinking when I found an LRS without a mosin, it could be a cheap binocular.

Thumbs up and my beans in ur pocket! I had the same idea using Scopes and Flashlites as improvised Tools.

I would have posted myself if you hadn't before...