Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Pop a squat, 10 sec squat animation plays, bam done. You just pooped. Poop object on the ground if you truly want. Just because little kids will fuck around doesn't mean it doesn't have a place. 

Oh the humanity, someone pooped on my characters corpse, how will my fragile mind take the horror.

To me it has no place. Mentioning some realistic aspect is BS too of course since already shortcuts are taken for the sake of keeping the game fun. I do not want to have to "poop". Thanks.

• Like 1

To me it has no place. Mentioning some realistic aspect is BS too of course since already shortcuts are taken for the sake of keeping the game fun. I do not want to have to "poop". Thanks.

But I do. So it seems like we're at a crossroads. 

Even if they add pooping, you'll still play. Just like everyone else. It doesn't matter all that much. It's a natural bodily function and should be apart of the game. 

It's a natural bodily function and should be apart of the game. 

So is j*rking off, ok lets add that too. In any case, it wont happen so I win!

Edited by zeroy99

Let's wait and see. And awful lot of presumptions going on in this thread.

Let's wait and see. And awful lot of presumptions going on in this thread.

I would eat my boonie if it does!

Now you're just grasping at straws. Ejaculation is an action for reproduction. 

Defecating and urinating is something we are all required to do to. It will serve as 2 other things you need to be aware of for your character. It's not like you'll need to poop or pee all the times. It would be the byproduct of eating and drinking. It's another layer of character care that we need to take care of, and it goes hand in hand with the disease system. Get Cholera? Well, have fun drinking and shittin' because that's all you'll really be doing.

• Like 1

But I do. So it seems like we're at a crossroads.

Even if they add pooping, you'll still play. Just like everyone else. It doesn't matter all that much. It's a natural bodily function and should be apart of the game.

I think you underestimate the number of players that would quit if defecation was added to the game.

I think you underestimate the number of players that would quit if defecation was added to the game.

Hello there

I expect player numbers to drop as the game progresses more into a survival sim from the current pvp tilt.

I dont think players will leave in droves if defecation is implemented.

I find it odd that folk dont mind blowing eachother away but are squeamish about going to the toilet. Its not like you'll be able to physically smell it through your speakers.

It could add so many new options and mechanics to the game if you think about it.

I think folk are making a mountain out of a molehill TBH.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

some of the self righteousness in this thread is hilarious.

Here we have a game where we ruthlessly murder people and then steal their stuff but the second pooping is added everyone is like NOOOOOOOOOOOO they have gone too far.

Yes exactly what I was thinking, rust has a bunch of naked men running around in it (not women?) so why can't we have this.

Hello there

I expect player numbers to drop as the game progresses more into a survival sim from the current pvp tilt.

I dont think players will leave in droves if defecation is implemented.

Yeah I don't think a few people realize what they bought, I expect the actual finished product to be totally different from what it is right now. A lot less PvP, a lot more to do with zombies and the environment and managing your charachter.

Edited by Aseliot

On the face of it, not a bad idea. The using disease as a weapon and so forth.

However, adding poop to a multiplayer game without a certain level of maturity among its player base is asking for trouble.

Why can't infection spread via other means? I've been ill a few times in my life, not once was it anything to do with shit.

You know, one reason behind diarrhea is bacteria from the 'wrong' end of your intestines ending up contaminating your food. If  you've ever had diarrhea, it might have been because your mom didn't wash her hands properly after taking a massive dump.

Therefore, I'd say that shit has a lot to do with people getting ill. Diarrhea induced by drinking poop-contaminated water still kills a lot of people, especially children, in areas where nutrition and clean water are scarce, and defecating is supposed to make people think about where to poop if they want to survive. It is a survival sim after all.

Also, who says that they have to intorduce an actual throwable poop model into the game. The game could just mark the area you pooped in 'behind the scenes' as being contaminated, and a slightly diminished version of the fly sound could start playing after a certain amount of time has passed (the one in the mod was way too loud).

Edited by TheSodesa

Then quit. If a virtual character has to do a 10 second animation where he's technically pooping, and you can't handle that for some strange reason, then by all means leave. There are no refunds they already have your money.

Yes the more realism the better.

The poop itself could be good for crafting.

poop filled booby traps, poop tipped arrows, poop tipped .22lr rounds.

this :P

I think it'd be funny to do here and there, but really would prefer it not be in the game. I'd rather the game not become an exaggerated life simulator.

You know, one reason behind diarrhea is bacteria from the 'wrong' end of your intestines ending up contaminating your food. If  you've ever had diarrhea, it might have been because your mom didn't wash her hands properly after taking a massive dump.

Therefore, I'd say that shit has a lot to do with people getting ill. Diarrhea induced by drinking poop-contaminated water still kills a lot of people, especially children, in areas where nutrition and clean water are scarce, and defecating is supposed to make people think about where to poop if they want to survive. It is a survival sim after all.

Also, who says that they have to intorduce an actual throwable poop model into the game. The game could just mark the area you pooped in 'behind the scenes' as being contaminated, and a slightly diminished version of the fly sound could start playing after a certain amount of time has passed (the one in the mod was way too loud).

They posted in-game models fpr poop and vomit on their facebook page.

I think folk are making a mountain.

Oh I see what you did there.

• Like 1

They posted in-game models fpr poop and vomit on their facebook page.

Haha, absolutely brilliant! :D

I have nothing against it, but I was just trying to come up with a way of maybe allowing players who don't want to see poop to have an alternative graphics option, or something along those lines.

Come to think of it however, it may not be a bad idea..

Also, who says that they have to intorduce an actual throwable poop model into the game.

Oh dear, never thought of this one! I would also fully expect to have "ruined" pants after a Diarrhea episode. Endless fun for the non pants clans and the likes.

Edited by zeroy99

Guys, if I wanted to see someone shit in the woods, I would go take a shit in the woods. The whole unecessariness of adding pooping aside, my concerns stem from the sheer amount of abuse this game mechanic can cause if implemented. 

Come on people, lets not be negative, if we have to take a deuce every so often so be it. Lets give some positive ideas :-

Eat pristine fruit - Nice easy steamer, little need to wipe

Eat rotten fruit - Green apple splatters, new pants needed

Force fed bleach - Character shouts "hot hot hot" followed by explosive diarrhea, then death

Eat too much meat - Big build up for this, messages displayed "Badly need senokot", "i got the meat sweats", the act of dropping the kids off at the pool takes 30 mins real time, need to take a shower after.

(dont make me shit in this game)

• Like 1

Let's send a strong message to the dev's about this subject. Maybe i'm the only one but if pooping is added to this game i'm uninstalling. Voice your self! 

Not that extreme but no I definitely don't want pooping. It is just going too far on the realism I think and will just waste resources on the server.

Then quit. If a virtual character has to do a 10 second animation where he's technically pooping, and you can't handle that for some strange reason, then by all means leave. There are no refunds they already have your money.

Actually, I would quit if they added defecation into the game. I absolutely love DayZ and love the direction the game is going. I'm all for the survival aspects of the game..... to a point.

For me personally, that is the most retarded and disgusting idea I've ever heard of in a videogame. If that's what they want to do then despite all the positive aspects of DayZ I won't be playing it. I got more than my money's worth.

I'd just be severely disappointed if this actually happened. Pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one either. :(

Actually, I would quit if they added defecation into the game. I absolutely love DayZ and love the direction the game is going. I'm all for the survival aspects of the game..... to a point.

For me personally, that is the most retarded and disgusting idea I've ever heard of in a videogame. If that's what they want to do then despite all the positive aspects of DayZ I won't be playing it. I got more than my money's worth.

I'd just be severely disappointed if this actually happened. Pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one either. :(

You act like their going to show you a video of a pulsating red anus excreting excrement.

It's a fuckin' pop a squat animation with a little christmas present on the ground when your done. You can then use that poop for biological warfare if you so choose. I have no problem with pooping, I don't really see why you all do.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 4

I have no problem with pooping, I don't really see why you all do.

Me neither. The opposition against it is indeed very emotional and vocal, but I have yet to see any rational arguments against it.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1