Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

My comment asks if the real reason that people do not want pooping is because it interferes with their pvp.

It makes no mention of previous posts talking about pvp and asks merely if the reasons mentioned in previous posts are just there to mask the real reason they are so against it.

While I don't think the position against defecation is necessarily indicative of a worry that it "interferes with ... pvp", I do believe the decrying of the system as "too realistic" and "a chore" certainly does express that worry.

Carebears win this thread. It's really all just hearsay and personal opinions on mechanics that aren't known yet. ie. knocking things before you try them...

Time to remove force feeding disinfectant and rotten fruit as well.

Just take out all the bad stuff because it offends people.

Edited by Esolu

My comment asks if the real reason that people do not want pooping is because it interferes with their pvp.

It makes no mention of previous posts talking about pvp and asks merely if the reasons mentioned in previous posts are just there to mask the real reason they are so against it.

Are you going for because in the context it would be used it is just disgusting and immature, while adding little to no benefit to the game?

And I could be wrong about the no benefit, if it can be used to aid in tracking, be used as fertilizer, etc. Then I could see it having a purpose, I still want to see other features take priority.

I also don't want to watch or listen to my guy grunting while he is dropping a log in the woods, it needs to be kept simple or not at all.

Carebears win this thread. It's really all just hearsay and personal opinions on mechanics that aren't known yet. ie. knocking things before you try them...

Don't get me Wrong I think force feeding rotten fruit and disinfectant spray actually adds a value of wit while being evil. Poop on the other hand just feeds immaturity to an extra unnecessary extent Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 2

Ok then. And actually the PVPers are often the ones who want to "ruin peoples day" so i would think The Kosers would be for the poop.

Its sad that you have to call us carebears because we disagree with your opinion. At least others who are for poop don't act like children when they don't get there way.

It's not a game though. It's an anti-game. Human interaction is the game. They are giving us the tools, and it's one big shit storm of an experiment. They don't have to account for anything that other people do with the tools they are given. They really don't. It's like that old saying: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Just because someone thinks having a crap in a game is okay because it opens vector's to disease, doesn't mean that they think rape is okay. If you, as a human being, put rape in the same category as taking a shit, then that's your PERSONAL OPINION. Don't make yourself into a carebear and take the fun away for other's based on a personal opinion. Especially for something in which the mechanics aren't even known. It could be something that potentially reduces KoS significantly, as an example. You never know...

It is a game. I would define a video game as an interactive form of media in which you---the player---is in control of the movement or actions of an element of what is happening on screen. This is what you do on DayZ. DayZ is a game. It's not a social experiment. It started out as a mod for a game, it is now a standalone game. It's pretentious to pretend otherwise.

I never claimed anyone thinks rape is okay because they think having a crap is okay. My point is that it is so wide open for humiliation and abuse that they might as well throw rape in too. 

Some people might find pooing fun, and amusing. Most of these happen to be small children. I personally do not want to allow the same people that got the notes system removed briefly by writing racial abuse to be allowed to defecate in DayZ. I cannot think of any way in which allowing players to defecate could be done tastefully and in a manner in which immature morons would not be able to abuse in various ways.

• Like 1

The idea of pooing does not offend me.

The thought of allowing a player base with the maturity levels of the DayZ community the ability to defecate concerns me.

I don't want my game ruined by juveniles that want to throw shit at me, or force feed me shit, or do anything related to shit near me, it is not necessary whatsoever. 

• Like 2

The thought of allowing a player base with the maturity levels of the DayZ community the ability to defecate concerns me.

I don't want my game ruined by juveniles that want to throw shit at me, or force feed me shit, or do anything related to shit near me, it is not necessary whatsoever. 

Tbh, you might just have to play on private hive servers.

Because it's going to happen, if this picture is legit. 

10305062_549028898549394_744687802373993

Ok so you want a mechanic that acts as a vector for disease that is not open to abuse?

Spoiled meat? Zombies? Animals? Corpses?

Those would all mitigate the inevitable abuse that would result from including defecation, and would all be a means to the same end. The simulation of the act of defecation does not add anything that could not be added via another means.

In other words the discussion about mitigating the abuse is unnecessary. The abuse can be mitigated simply by achieving the same ends via a different means.

From that perspective defecation is akin adding rape in its capacity for abuse and humiliation.

Exactly! Adding defecation into the game would serve ABSOLUTELY no purpose other than another form of abuse if there are already other ways to spread diseases being planned.

Anyone who wants this only wants it for abusive purposes no matter how hard they try to justify it.

A picture has surfaced off poop in DayZ. Not positive if its legit but it sure looks like it.

Its sad that you have to call us carebears because we disagree with your opinion. At least others who are for poop don't act like children when they don't get there way.

What's sad is that I can't have that opinion without getting hated on or being called immature. Also, let's not forget suggestions of rape and menstrual cycles... because 'logic'. 

I don't want my game ruined by people who are so against something they know nothing about, when the concept actually sounds great.

It is a game. I would define a video game as an interactive form of media in which you---the player---is in control of the movement or actions of an element of what is happening on screen. This is what you do on DayZ. DayZ is a game. It's not a social experiment. It started out as a mod for a game, it is now a standalone game. It's pretentious to pretend otherwise.

I never claimed anyone thinks rape is okay because they think having a crap is okay. My point is that it is so wide open for humiliation and abuse that they might as well throw rape in too. 

Some people might find pooing fun, and amusing. Most of these happen to be small children. I personally do not want to allow the same people that got the notes system removed briefly by writing racial abuse to be allowed to defecate in DayZ. I cannot think of any way in which allowing players to defecate could be done tastefully and in a manner in which immature morons would not be able to abuse in various ways.

I'm not being pretentious. Dean said he wanted to create an anti-game. Part of that was to give the players tools, and let them do what they will with them. I'm not pretending here.

I just feel it will add to the immersion of living in a fucked up apocalyptic wasteland. I don't want to have my hand held, or have things made easy. If a player chooses to inject me with shit or take a crap on my face, then that's just the type of world we live in. Here's the thing, I can choose to run away or just fight and die instead, so can others. This game is about choices. If you choose to be cuffed and fed shit, well damnit man, I would say that's on you, and not the makers of the game.

On the other hand, there will be medics willing to make sure I don't die of fucking Cholera because some douche decided to feed me some feces, or maybe I forgot to boil my water.

EDIT: As for Rape, I've been dragged into the wood in the mod and 'raped' and 'tortured'. I've also seen videos of large groups running trains on fresh spawns. All rping, but the intention is there nonetheless. So the people already have you covered on that one. No need for the devs to throw it in.

Edited by Esolu

What's sad is that I can't have that opinion without getting hated on or being called immature. Also, let's not forget suggestions of rape and menstrual cycles... because 'logic'.

To be fair I was not s part of that. Also im not trying to ruin your game. I just don't it belongs in DayZ. You clearly have the victory in this one anyway since that new picture surfaced of actual in-game deuce so congrats. I suppose ill learn to deal with this one.

"Infection disease is a big deal in DayZ. A very big deal. It is likely it will be more of a fear than zombies themselves. It could even become a form of weapon."

This is bullshit, no pun intended. If this feature is implemented, I WILL uninstall.

Mr. Hall, MARK MY WORDS. IF you do this, you will accomplish two things:

#1, a large portion of the player base, myself included, will stop playing the game (I WILL flat out uninstall the day this feature is released). These are the people that take the game seriously and play the game in a manner that RESPECTS the game and what it is/does/offers to us when we play.

#2, You will have essentially said to the community, "I ENCOURAGE immature, sexualized, disgusting and depraved griefing." The few players remaining that are willing to tolerate this feature will soon leave in disgust, causing the entire (or vast majority of) player base to consist of a community that has NO respect for this game and what it has, until now, been about.

This is a perfect example of taking realism too far. I leave you with this, a copy/paste of another thread I made a while ago, before I became less active in the forums and played other games while waiting for DayZ SA to grow a bit more and bring more to the game (and THIS is NOT what I was waiting for):

"While realistic, we must at some point draw the line that borders between fun gameplay, and needles tedium. Furthermore, the addition of said features will allow for the possibility of in game behavior (which will almost certainly occur, and be uncontrollable) which is not only immature in the extreme, but disgusting and offensive. While it can be said that such acts would be no more or less offensive than murder, which is also part of the current system, I would argue that we are once again crossing a line into what is blatantly excessive and unnecessary. It is one thing to have a player shoot me in the head execution style. Death in entertainment media is nothing new. It is another entirely to have scat being thrown around or forced in my throat, or even simply being forced to endure a cheesy animation in which a player squats over me and "does his thing".

I come to this game, even during its earliest Alpha stage, to have fun and be entertained. I do not come here for tits and ass (or dicks), to watch my character pinch off a loaf in a bush, or to have other players be enabled to play out bizarre and disgusting sexual acts on me. We already have tea bagging in the gaming world. Lets not take it another step further."

IF THIS CRAP MAKES IT INTO THE GAME, I AM GONE. It is NOT something this game NEEDS, it WILL be detrimental to the community, and that community will, no pun intended, TURN TO SHIT. Assuming it wasn't bad enough already, it WILL get worse.

I ask you, and I BEG you, DO NOT ruin this game I have had so much fun playing with this "feature". I have to seriously question where it is you want this game to go, when you focus on ideas like this, rather than on concentrating on fixing other issues that are far more important.

_end.

• Like 2

This is the dumbest thread ever.....and I love it. Especially the "the idea of these pixels offends me!" posts. Rotten fruit? thats fine? force feed POOP!? ew...GROSS. Lighten up people. I doubt this will make it in, but I wouldn't care if it did.

i really want my victims to sh*t themselves when they see me

edit: on second thought, no.

the game is getting more and more ridiculous from patch to patch. DAYZ IS HARDCORE SURVIVAL SIMULATOR and not kos comedy game.

it looks like KOS casual comedy game now.

i want hardcore survival - no jokes - no force feeding and 9 year old bandits.

pooping is just another feature to force 9 year olds to buy it, the game became a joke.

my friends, the good old community was betrayed a long time ago for profit. the community is ruined but please dont ruin what's left of the game.

im also uninstalling the game if they add pooping. rust will be more suitable for me.

Edited by benri
  • Like 1

As Rocket himself has frequently stated, there is a point at which realism gets in the way of gameplay, and that authenticity is a much better term to apply to what they are doing with DayZ. To me, when thinking about the requisites for an authentic zombie survival experience, having to shit does not really enter my mind. Its not a necessary element to make it authentic. It doesn't contribute anything that could not be achieved via other means. When one thinks about a zombie game one does not think "oh I hope they really nail taking a dump, because that is just so essential to the whole experience". 

I get the concept that diseases should be a threat in the game, and the idea of using it as a weapon is really cool, but why can't spoiled meat, rotting carcasses, or dead zombies themselves be the means of transmission. Perhaps making rags out of a dead zombie's clothing and using them to bandage someone and stuff. That is all interesting and cool. Shitting isn't. It is only good for one thing and that is appealing to simple minded scatological children. 

We have already had an example of why this should not be implemented. The notes system, which as you may remember had to be removed for a time because people were using it to write racially abusive messages and such. This is the level of maturity we have to contend with, and with that in mind we most certainly should not give the DayZ community poo to play with. 

THIS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! THIS!

I REALLY hope dean reads this thread at some point. And I REAAAAALY hope he sees reason.

The fact that all this talk about shiting is happening before the game is even half decent. If this is implemented before zombies, improved fluidity movement, anti hacks, desync removal, I will shit on my digital version of dayz.

Guys seriously, can you not think of a more useless feature.

Fix everything that actually shitty before adding tangible shit.

God dayz, it's like you want me to lose hope in you.  

Edited by xX_fr0st-w0lf_Xx
  • Like 4

The whole idea of pooping in a video game is pointless, silly and complete waste of developer time that could have been used to fix important core mechanics like giving us Zeds that function even remotely well and in decent numbers or unballsing up the shooting mechanics. <_<

The fact that this even made it off the "bloody daft ideas" table gives me cause for concern.

Edit: Or better yet the devs could have put those man hours towards doing something about the rampant server abuse, glitching and hacking besides shutting down threads about it in the hopes that nobody will notice.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

The fact that all this talk about shiting is happening before the game is even half decent. If this is implemented before zombies, improved fluidity movement, anti hacks, desync removal, I will shit on my digital version of dayz.

God day, it's like you want me to lose hope in you.  

you have my beans good sir!

God day, it's like you want me to lose hope in you.  

I rather they keep adding content and gameplay features and ignore bugs.

The game does not need to be enjoyable or playable right now its an alpha and trying to fix any and every bug just slows down development.

Who cares if it is full of bugs or wonkyness so long as development moves along and we help test it I am happy.

• Like 1

And I could be wrong about the no benefit, if it can be used to aid in tracking, be used as fertilizer, etc. Then I could see it having a purpose, I still want to see other features take priority.

This actually is a nice idea, whereas there could also be non-shitty fertilizers around the supermarket or at farms.

I didn't vote because I am missing the 'maybe' option. It really depends on HOW it is added to the game.

If your toon has to look for a toilet, is closing the door so neither you nor any other player can see what's going on, hear him browsing a newspaper while whistleing a funny tune... maybe...

This way you could have a fair and realistic chance to wait for him until he leaves the toilet so you can ambush him.

On the other hand I don't want my toon to become a 3D tamagotchi...

If players are able to fool around like

- shitting/peeing on people

- throwing/force feeding fecals to other players

- or any other humiliating action (including scat and pee) which I can't think of right now

i will stick with the OP and uninstall the game. As someone else said in this discussion... there are other games in the market.

If this whole 'adding poop to the game' is real and not a troll I really doubt the developers priorities...

Making a million of bucks with the early release and the only thing they come along with are some new clothings and the idea of pooping... come on... that can't be true...

How about getting a stable server done?

• Like 1

I voted yes but I kind of agree with both sides here, I think it would add a new level to survival if done tastefully as in you cant play with it or force feed it or throw it around. It would work perfectly fine if everybody played the game like I do (survivalist) but then I remember what happened with the barbed wire in the mod... griefers everywhere and I don't really want to see shit everywhere I loot . Maybe when (if) the game has evolved into more than a kos griefing sim this feature could work well we don't know unless its tested. Saying you don't want little kids crapping on you before they kill you confuses me slightly, I mean how often do you get killed by little kids for this to become a huge problem. The other day I was brutally murdered in a barracks by a shotgun wielding madman who kneecapped me and called me every name under the sun before axing me to death, I was a little disturbed but it doesn't happen every 10mins of play time, not if you avoid death anyway. 

Either way its far to early for this feature to be discussed or implemented imo there's much more important things that should be worked on, and I wont be impressed if its added to the next exp build. They have enough shit on there hands as it is.  

I rather they keep adding content and gameplay features and ignore bugs.

The game does not need to be enjoyable or playable right now its an alpha and trying to fix any and every bug just slows down development.

Who cares if it is full of bugs or wonkyness so long as development moves along and we help test it I am happy.

Well what happens when we test it and find out how broken everything is? What then? 

Look, they want to add game play features fine. Sure, but I'd rather have 5 working features then 50 broken ones. 

And please, taking a shit? How is that even remotely worth while. I cannot for the life of me, imagine how they concluded to add this. At first i thought it was a joke, I mean I still think it is an April fools prank thats a little late.

I am in denial that they would implement this garbage. 

• Like 1