Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

The level of immature "EWWW GROSS" reactions in this thread...

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Yes.

But it should not be player controlled nor should you be able to interact with the poop directly.

I think the need to go should be automatic and you should be required to do it only when the game determines you must or you become ill. And by doing it I mean "You feel bad pains in your abdomen, would you like to relieve yourself now?" And you select Yes which animates it automatically (in a way you don't actyually see anything offensive). When done, a non-interactive poop is left behind as evidence of human activity.

I also feel like farting should be in the game. Again, completely random and with no player decision and it should be based on how many beans you eat and when.

Imagine having to take a crap in the middle of a gun fight. Now that's reality simulation!

I'm all for it if it is done in a similar way to how i describe it. 

BRING THE POOP!

• Like 6

This would be a gold mine for hackers, placing shit ALL OVER THE MAP and getting EVERYONE who enters the servers sick.

How is that related to hacking?

There has to be a line drawn for realism and i'm pretty sure it's somewhere before pooping.

No no no it is not there. It is somewhere after that. Much farther than that.

• Like 1

The level of immature reactions in this thread...

Now think about the immature reactions youll get in game after pooping is added.
  • Like 3

I think you should have to press a button to breathe in and another to breathe out, because it's realistic.

Also you should need to sleep, during which time you can't actually do anything in game, just look at a black screen, because it's realistic.

A line has to be drawn somewhere, and I think needing to shit is pretty far beyond it.

Edited by DoctorBadSign
  • Like 12

That's the idea, hence water purification tablets.

If pooping is put in this game we must also be able to do this with it: 

http://aceflashman.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/frozen-poop-saves-life-of-eskimo-hunter/

TL;DR Eskimo gets trapped in an ice cave, takes a shit in his hands, molds it into a poopsicle in the cold weather, and then stabs a polar bear in the head. 

Of course we would have to find a way to refrigerate our poop in the summer time, but in the winter this should be a viable option. 

some of the self righteousness in this thread is hilarious.

Here we have a game where we ruthlessly murder people and then steal their stuff but the second pooping is added everyone is like NOOOOOOOOOOOO they have gone too far.

• Like 10

So we're basically going to be scared of dying from everything except the zombies, and staying healthy is going to fuck with group dynamics in a major way. A truly healthy team will be a rarity.

• Like 2

some of the self righteousness in this thread is hilarious.

Here we have a game where we ruthlessly murder people and then steal their stuff but the second pooping is added everyone is like NOOOOOOOOOOOO they have gone too far.

Personally I think allowing people to ruthlessly murder someone, steal their stuff and then take a shit on them is taking it a bit too far. 

I can see it now. People breaking other players legs so that they can shit on them as they try to crawl off. 

I'm sure people will get more creative than that with it. I don't want to be a part of that, because I am not six years old and do not find poo amusing anymore.

• Like 3

Of course it should be implemented,also give a random chance of the survivor

to sh*t himself when he sees a zombie,we are taking immersion on a whole new level here!!!!111.

(Hell No)

• Like 2

There are other ways to simulate pollution. Like dead bodys, poison.or smear infection through objects. I don't want people to play Mr. Hankey. And I think not changing your underwear in a whole lifetime is disgusting enough already.

• Like 4

On a more serious note, come on people, this is something every one of us do (almost) every day, what's so terrible with that? It is not like you're going to actually smell the smell in game or something.

No, really, in all seriousness. You can't shit whenever you want IRL and this is how it should be in game. Yes sometimes maybe it will come at just the right time, someone will post it on youtube and we all will have a laugh and move on. Thats it. And you can't throw feces like a monkey (although I wouldn't be too much against it). But imagine possibilities for disease related stuff. Real server-wide epidemics could happen. Also knowing the devs there inevitably would be some hilarious fuckups along the way, it is going to be so much fun.

• Like 1

Personally I think allowing people to ruthlessly murder someone, steal their stuff and then take a shit on them is taking it a bit too far. 

I can see it now. People breaking other players legs so that they can shit on them as they try to crawl off. 

I'm sure people will get more creative than that with it. I don't want to be a part of that, because I am not six years old and do not find poo amusing anymore.

"We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!" -Apocalypse Now

• Like 5

I have an issue with whoever said shit should infect water sources.

I cannot, in my right mind, willingly believe ANYONE, survival training or not, would shit in, near, or around any water source. If they were that stupid, how did they survive that long.

As for contaminating other's water supplies, that is why you boil the fuck out of any liquid you put in your mouth, just to be sure. You don't just drink from the stream, that is practically begging for death.

I just don't see any practical use. No "worthwhile" practical use, that is.

• Like 1

As for contaminating other's water supplies, that is why you boil the fuck out of any liquid you put in your mouth, just to be sure. You don't just drink from the stream, that is practically begging for death.

I just don't see any practical use. No "worthwhile" practical use, that is.

Yeah, I actually drank from streams and rivers many many times IRL, never had any issues at all. But in general you are right, water should be boiled before consuming. You see, at the moment noone shits near water sources in Chernarus, so we don't have to boil anything. But that must change.

• Like 1

I cannot, in my right mind, willingly believe ANYONE, survival training or not, would shit in, near, or around any water source. If they were that stupid, how did they survive that long. .

I can. Little kids wanting to act like fools in a video game.

Edited by Murlough
  • Like 3

I mean, it can be rendered in a relatively tasteful way. It doesn't have to be "Player takes down pants, brown fecal matter is excreted, fecal matter is persistent."

Could be something as, relatively, benign as "Player squats, defecation sounds happen, player stands up again."

Certainly doesn't have to be graphic.

Edited by Katana67

Yeah, I actually drank from streams and rivers many many times IRL, never had any issues at all. But in general you are right, water should be boiled before consuming. You see, at the moment noone shits near water sources in Chernarus, so we don't have to boil anything. But that must change.

You are drinking from streams IRL where there isn't an infectious disease that turns people into living flesh eaters. 

I mean, it can be rendered in a relatively tasteful way. It doesn't have to be "Player takes down pants, brown fecal matter is excreted, fecal matter is persistent."

Could be something as, relatively, benign as "Player squats, defecation sounds happen, player stands up again."

Although i agree that it could be made tasteful, it just wouldn't be good.You will have kids screaming "I GATZ POOOP!" and other crazy nonsense. Also the disease factor could EASILY come from other things i.e not boiling water or being close to decaying bodies for too long. I just can't see a solid positive to adding it.
  • Like 1

I know you state you haven't gotten sick. But, I want to remind you that you haven't gotten sick YET. You shouldn't drink from a natural, untreated source at all, even if it looks perfectly clear. 

Giardia is literally the shittiest thing to have ever. You can get it from appearly-perfect water.

I can't stress enough, people who drink untreated water in the wilderness are living on borrowed time. It is a statistical certainty that, based on how much water a person needs to drink to survive, drinking untreated water will result in some sort of illness, even if it just indigestion. Even some tabs and filters don't kill everything. Boil, then filter your water to be 100% sure it is safe to drink. 

Although i agree that it could be made tasteful, it just wouldn't be good.You will have kids screaming "I GATZ POOOP!" and other crazy nonsense. Also the disease factor could EASILY come from other things i.e not boiling water or being close to decaying bodies for too long. I just can't see a solid positive to adding it.

It's a purposeful method of contaminating a water supply, driven by the player. Other than snagging a vial of E. coli, putting bodily fluids into a water supply is a sure-fire way to contaminate it.

I don't really hear people talking in DayZ unless they're close enough for Direct Chat, so I doubt people screaming anything would be much of an issue. Much less it being different than now, where I imagine people scream about a myriad of silly things.

Edited by Katana67

I can. Little kids wanting to act like fools in a video game.

I know, which is why I don't want there to be actual shit in-game. Maybe the diseases you get from drinking untreated water could be from fecal e.coli bacteria, but don't actually have shit present. 

there is simply too much potential for abuse.

It's a purposeful method of contaminating a water supply, driven by the player. Other than snagging a vial of E. coli, putting bodily fluids into a water supply is a sure-fire way to contaminate it.

I don't really hear people talking in DayZ unless they're close enough for Direct Chat, so I doubt people screaming anything would be much of an issue. Much less it being different than now, where I imagine people scream about a myriad of silly things.

Again, even if it was stored, why would you just drink the water straight? I just don't understand that. I treat all the water I drink in the wild twice, because I don't want to die with my pants about my ankles, covered in liquid death from the waist down. 

Take the 10 minutes and boil all drinking water. If you don't have 10 minutes, you don't need to drink that badly. Simple.

I don't know i just expect EVERY water source will be "contaminated" by some guy as an alternate means for mass murder. But uve got a point with the Chat. Edited by Murlough