Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

trouble with who exactly ?

Is there some international anti pooping police that issues fines and tries to ban games no.

Dayz is a digitally distributed game that is sold through steam it does not have to obey and stupid preset expectations for a video game.

Than get as dirty and as wild as you want with this game and see what happens.

Than get as dirty and as wild as you want with this game and see what happens.

Amen give us blood guts and gore baby.

I wan't a visual change in a corpse when they allow cannibalism. Make a model of a player with his intestines partially removed to represent that person was gutted by a player for food.

• Like 1

To the OP

Lets just assume that ur character pinches a loaf when YOU do. Since you are in the bathroom (without your computer I hope) you don't get to witness it B)

Talking to a friend on steam voice:

"Hey, I just spawned and found some food, water, a fire axe and some clothing. I'm gonna duck out to the woods and take a shit then lets meet up in balota"

That sentence alone is the reason why pooping absolutely needs to be added.

That tiny detail that tiny little feature like pooping adds to the immersion.

The fact that your friend would have to go into the woods and defecate is instilling real life behavior into the game.

Wait, poop is harmfull to minors?

But shooting other human beeings in a virtual environment isn't? And all the interactions with strangers? What about them?

Seriously, I'm not taking this  thing about shitting too serious but the tabooing on poop and feces that some of you seem to practise is kind of strange.

Edit: And if someone wants to celebrate their poop fetish... let them. It's still better than people living out their power/torture/rape fantasies in game right now. You seem to be following some weird double standard.

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 1

Same. When it goes that route this game is going a route I just don't want it to go. They rumored about it in the mod as well and there was just as much of a kerfuffle at that time as well.

A lot of people say it's about the fact that kiddies will abuse it and poop on our corpses or throw it around at balota, which is true they will, but it goes much further than that in my eyes:

• It's distasteful - I can't think of any way to implement a mechanic like this without at one time seeing the message on my screen "i really have to take a poop". Even if there is no "high def" visual of you squatting and making a little brown baby it's going to be implied and it's going to leave a sour taste in my mouth. If the screen blacks out and you do your business it's just cheesy, they won't go that route.
  • You can implement all the disease mechanics you want without pooping - Contaminated wells, passing disease onto other survivors, spoiled food, infectious weapons and clothing, etc. All these can be accomplished by other means other than someone took a shit in my well or I crapped my self in a gunfight.
  • I just don't want to think about it - As it is currently and I hope it continues to expand (in a different direction) you are constantly thinking about the health of your character. Thinking about where you will get your next meal, especially if you are travelling long distances, being prepared for broken legs or zombie attacks with the right equipment are all justifiable means of survival that I want to think about in a video game. They are fun and I enjoy it. Needing to find a spot to crap between my journey from NE to NW is not fun and I don't want to have to even think about it while playing a game.
  • It's going to be broken and unrealistic just to be a nuisance - Ever go a week without taking a dump? I have. Especially on a low calorie diet such as our survivors are you can probably get away with only needing to take a crap once every other maybe every third day. When it's implemented in DayZ you can almost guarantee you will have to take a crap every third can of food you eat.
  • The Walking Dead doesn't focus on their characters pooping - AMC's hit zombie drama doesn't focus on their characters taking a crap and how they overcome the struggle without any toilet paper. It may be in an episode or two but if it's in DayZ you will take thousands of shits within the course of a couple hundred hours of play. So how does the hit T.V. show overcome not having the depth of "realism" you would encounter in a real life situation? By just not including it... by making your audience assume that the process takes stage somewhere off screen, because who cares about when the main star of a T.V. series, or your video game character, has to take a dump?
  • If it's implied our characters sleep while we're "offline" it can be implied they poop then, too - You play for 12 hours straight and run across the map 3 times. You're not tired and don't need to sleep. But you took a crap 4 times on your journey.

Talking to a friend on steam voice:

"Hey, I just spawned and found some food, water, a fire axe and some clothing. I'm gonna duck out to the woods and take a shit then lets meet up in balota"

Agreed! Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you. :)

• Like 1

Amen give us blood guts and gore baby.

I wan't a visual change in a corpse when they allow cannibalism. Make a model of a player with his intestines partially removed to represent that person was gutted by a player for food.

God I hope you're joking. :(

God I hope you're joking. :(

Absolutely am not.

This is a mature rated game thus it would be perfectly fine with mature content.

Realistic bullet decals and gore not only has a visually appealing element it can have a gameplay element.

For instance say you see a players body in the middle of the road you walk up to it and notice a portion of its head is missing or see a bullet entry wound in the head, you immediately know to not loot the body and run like hell cause a sniper probably has you in his sights.

• Like 1

Well, it might not be pretty, but cannibalism is bound to happen in times like this.

I do not give two...

I could not care less about pooping.

• Like 1

No.

Why? Because it will be abused in the most silly ways anyone can imagine (and that is saying quite a lot in this game). Dead zombies or animals would be more than enough to fulfill the water polluting role, as others have said.

• Like 1

To the OP

Lets just assume that ur character pinches a loaf when YOU do. Since you are in the bathroom (without your computer I hope) you don't get to witness it B)

Again, I don't want to have to time my bowel movements with a game.  ;)

I hope you know there's a 14 page thread about shitting. What's worse you are all debating over it. It's shit.

gRnZ5D1.jpg

Absolutely am not.

This is a mature rated game thus it would be perfectly fine with mature content.

Realistic bullet decals and gore not only has a visually appealing element it can have a gameplay element.

For instance say you see a players body in the middle of the road you walk up to it and notice a portion of its head is missing or see a bullet entry wound in the head, you immediately know to not loot the body and run like hell cause a sniper probably has you in his sights.

Gibonez you never replied to my post. 

If they add shitting because it is a basic need why should they not add sex and sleep? 

Those basic needs aswell. 

Well, since sleeping is kind of a lengthy activity proper implementation would be rather hard :P

Also, you don't necessarily need to fuck to stay alive.

Well, in the worst case that would mean you'd have to make do with a zombie. And boy, that calls for GOOD protection.

On the other hand, they want to add animals.....

We better stop this right here Oo

• Like 1

Well, in the worst case that would mean you'd have to make do with a zombie. And boy, that calls for GOOD protection.

On the other hand, they want to add animals.....

We better stop this right here Oo

What happens in DayZ..... stays in DayZ....

200+ replies to a poop thread. This is what we have become.

P.S. I voted yes, 'cause why not. I dare them.

So far it seems like they are working on it. I voted no but i don't care anymore this thread wore me out.

It could make for a good anti-camping mechanic. I mean, who'd want to lie down next to a pile of crap?

It could make for a good anti-camping mechanic. I mean, who'd want to lie down next to a pile of crap?

I wonder if they would make the option to bury it?

Gibonez you never replied to my post. 

If they add shitting because it is a basic need why should they not add sex and sleep? 

Those basic needs aswell. 

sleep should get added just like rust has it.

When you disconnect your character stays in the game sleeping.

This would force people to venture north to disconnect and stay away from the coastal towns when not playing.

as for sex, a person could go an entire lifetime without sex or masturbation and still be healthy its a basic human need but it is not vital to staying healthy.

For all of those in support, please make a list (bulleted, whatever) that describes the rationale you have behind supporting such an activity. It would make things far clearer than "REALISM AND STUFFS"