Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Let's send a strong message to the dev's about this subject. Maybe i'm the only one but if pooping is added to this game i'm uninstalling. Voice your self! 

• Like 10

Fuck no.

It's stupid. I will literally stop playing until someone mods it out if they do add it.

Edited by DoctorBadSign
  • Like 13

Little kids screaming profanities after sniping me is enough. I dont need them taking a dump on my corpse too thanks.

• Like 39

Hello there

I dont think you chaps realise the reasoning why and behind the defacation mechanic. (if it happens)

I for one hope its in game.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 27

I don't really care, there's other games in the market,

but if DayZ implements the need for us to shit in-game, each time I shoot someone and break a bone, I want them to be unable to use that part of their body for months or have to use a wheelchair if I hit the spine.

You heard me.

• Like 12

If they add pooping then my character should also have the desire to have sex. If i don't have sex then my testicles will swell, become sore, and i'll be very agitated until I release. 

• Like 22

I dont think you chaps realise the reasoning why and behind the defacation mechanic. (if it happens)

Do tell...

• Like 4

Hello there

I for one hope its in game.

Rgds

LoK

Oh I understand the reasoning. Every survival mechanic in this game is designed to keep players out of major cities and in smaller towns away from people in order to ensure survival. If you're in elektro and have a turtle head poking it's head out you're going to have to shit immediately or zombies will be all over you (attracted to the smell i would assume) 

Fortunately, there are better ways to get people to play the game as you want without making them have to take a dump. 

• Like 3

I understand it would help the immersion of realism , but it would be abused in a profane manner.

Inb4giantpileofturdsineverychurch

• Like 7

Hell no.

They could "model" diarrhea by having you fall unconscious, then waking up a  few minutes later, finding out you just lost a massive amount of water. Have it go on for a few hours, too, to make it the killer it is in a wilderness survival situation. That sounds like a good idea.

But, having a conscious and active shitting activity, with animation and all? Think realistically here. What would it add to the game? And what do you think would be both the first and most prominent usage of said animation?

-Sigh-

• Like 3

Let's send a strong message to the dev's about this subject. Maybe i'm the only one but if pooping is added to this game i'm uninstalling. Voice your self! 

Maybe you should post the reason why pooping get implemented in your first post.

Spreading disease essentially, polluting waterways etc. See this post from Rocket a while back to get an idea.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/107637-feedback-on-status-of-infectious-diseases-in-dayz/

Yes wanted.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 2

Yes the more realism the better.

The poop itself could be good for crafting.

poop filled booby traps, poop tipped arrows, poop tipped .22lr rounds.

• Like 14

Spreading disease essentially, polluting waterways etc.

Youll have a Pr*** pooping in all the ponds and waterwells then :<

• Like 3

If they add pooping then my character should also have the desire to have sex. If i don't have sex then my testicles will swell, become sore, and i'll be very agitated until I release. 

Don't worry, mother nature will take care of it.

I sure hope that it will be in. Feces is a vital part in disease transmission, there is no dayz without feces.

Do tell...

Oh I understand the reasoning. Every survival mechanic in this game is designed to keep players out of major cities and in smaller towns away from people in order to ensure survival. If you're in elektro and have a turtle head poking it's head out you're going to have to shit immediately or zombies will be all over you (attracted to the smell i would assume) 

Fortunately, there are better ways to get people to play the game as you want without making them have to take a dump. 

I think what he's saying is it's going to have something to do with the disease system, and having to deal with such things in well traveled areas. I hope it makes it in as well.

EDIT: Updated with Smash's source.

Spreading disease essentially, polluting waterways etc. See this post from Rocket a while back to get an idea.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/107637-feedback-on-status-of-infectious-diseases-in-dayz/

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 1

I dread the day someone suggests masturbation and sex/rape

The more realism the better right? If we really...really want to get into the subconscious mind of the post apocalyptic survivor why stop with pooping? 

• Like 2

This would be a gold mine for hackers, placing shit ALL OVER THE MAP and getting EVERYONE who enters the servers sick.

• Like 3

Youll have a Pr*** pooping in all the ponds and waterwells then :<

That's the idea, hence water purification tablets.

• Like 1

This would be a gold mine for hackers, placing shit ALL OVER THE MAP and getting EVERYONE who enters the servers sick.

Im not gonna lie that would ve hilarious the first time around. Come sixth or seventh time and id probably be over it though.

I think what he's saying is it's going to have something to do with the disease system, and having to deal with such things in well traveled areas. I hope it makes it in as well.

I understand that entirely but it's just so distasteful. There has to be a line drawn for realism and i'm pretty sure it's somewhere before pooping. It's not an argument of "I don't want to take care of my character" because I love that portion of DayZ, and I think the vast majority of other players do as well. But I don't want to have to sit there for 5 minutes watching my character pinch a loaf (or even 30 seconds). 

Aren't there more ways to implement disease mechanics into this game without said pinching of loafs? 

• Like 5

On the face of it, not a bad idea. The using disease as a weapon and so forth.

However, adding poop to a multiplayer game without a certain level of maturity among its player base is asking for trouble.

Why can't infection spread via other means? I've been ill a few times in my life, not once was it anything to do with shit.

• Like 6

That's the idea, hence water purification tablets.

Realistically , water tabs wouldn't remove disease. Or heavy metals for that matter.

I rather just see the ponds / water wells naturally polluted instead of defication. 

Edited by Dreypa
  • Like 4