Sign in to follow this  
CanadianBrooks

Making the switch to the machete!

Figure if the fireaxe isn't a one hit kill anymore, and I'm going to have to go 12 rounds with each zombie, may as well have a low profile melee on my pack. What do you plan on switching to? Or will you stick with ol' yellow red and black and go strictly for headshots?

Figure if the fireaxe isn't a one hit kill anymore, and I'm going to have to go 12 rounds with each zombie, may as well have a low profile melee on my pack. What do you plan on switching to? Or will you stick with ol' yellow red and black and go strictly for headshots?

Fireaxe still takes the most damage.. so I stick with that. Every now and then you get that headshot on the 1st swing and its worth it.

I enjoy the pickaxe. Seems to deal the same damage as the fireaxe, and you basically look like a berserker when wielding it.

I enjoy the pickaxe. Seems to deal the same damage as the fireaxe, and you basically look like a berserker when wielding it.

Pretty much this. I thoroughly enjoy looting a pickaxe and then a construction helmet. I look like a deranged miner. 

• Like 2

Fire axe works one hit on experimental now. If it isn't working on stable it will be. Meantime I just went with fists till the recent patch on exp.

once killed a z with one hit from a hacksaw, after that couldn't put one down with 20 hits. even standing still and receiving hits from zombie while trying to aim exactly at the head, didn't work.

i really want to be able to paint the crowbar and pipe wrench, i want to be a military character that uses the best military grade gear, i can, m4 or ak, and have a camo pipe wrench or crowbar, am i crazy?(wrench or bar that actually do consistently good damage hopefully)

i am carrying pipe wrench on my mess around non-hardcore character, pipe wrench is my first  dayz sa love, and the reason i originally joined dayz forums to post about it, haha the reach on crowbar and wrench seems weirdly short tho, especially on the crowbar, sometimes im standing right behind them and it stil doesnt hit.

I've been running round with the combat knife recently. Only takes a few shots to the head and its really easy and fast to use. I find the fireaxe way too clunky and heavy.