Sign in to follow this  
aggathor

Throwing Guide | How to Throw, What Can Be Thrown & How Far You Can Throw Items

Vehicles. It's important because of vehicles. It's all about the physics engine; throwing is like a by-product of that. That's why I think the devs time was well spent. 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

Throwing makes me happy, especially on 100 man servers, where there are a dozen or so freshies fist-fighting near Soli's suicide cylinder.  Just get on top with your pockets full of rotten fruit, and start chucking.  I threw an SKS bayonet, and I felt like I almost crashed the server.  Other than that, great success!

Maybe it's a stupid question, but why is throwing significant progress in DayZ, when physics/throwing/driving cars already exist in Arma II's engine? I know it's not the exact same engine, but I can't seem to get my head around why they apparently have to invent the same thing twice.

Vehicles. It's important because of vehicles. It's all about the physics engine; throwing is like a by-product of that. That's why I think the devs time was well spent. 

That's a very good point, noted.

Maybe it's a stupid question, but why is throwing significant progress in DayZ, when physics/throwing/driving cars already exist in Arma II's engine? I know it's not the exact same engine, but I can't seem to get my head around why they apparently have to invent the same thing twice.

Indeed. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter could fill us in.

Because the driving in Arma II kinda sucks. It's not terrible, but DayZ can do better; and so the devs will make it happen.

That's just fine by me, personally. 

I can imagine many situations where throwing will make player interaction better. You can throw vital items to your friend who is pinned down, toss food to someone whose building you've besieged but are trying to coax into being friendly, or surrender your weapons to someone who has besieged your building (by his demand) in a vain effort to spare your own life. 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

The new tactical weaponry,

lag inducing fps crumbling device,

throw at enemies to slow down their relative observation of time, temporarily paralyzes if enemy is running a low spec pc

I can imagine many situations where throwing will make player interaction better. You can throw vital items to your friend who is pinned down, toss food to someone whose building you've besieged but are trying to coax into being friendly, or surrender your weapons to someone who has besieged your building (by his demand) in a vain effort to spare your own life. 

I hadn't thought of that! It's true that each improvement made to the game engine adds a million new possibilities.

For those that want to know more about the new throwing update in DayZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0tFLUgi93k

What's your opinion on throwing?

We will be able to trow all items sooner or later, Rocket said so.

The Item has slower Frame rate then the server for a reason also, can't remember what he said about it.

I do not agree they could have spend better time since trowing items is a part of rag dolls that will come and will help them ALOT later on.

About your last question if trowing would be important my answer is yes, Just picture trowing ammo or w/e to your friend that is pinned down somewhere where you can't go  there is a window or something and you are able to help him by trowing it to him. 

Edited by flygamer1

to make it more useful, they could add a sort of "quick throw" system where you press a key to put something straight into your hand.  it would greatly assist looters imo because it would allow some people to sit outside while the others run in and throw things to them to be sorted through and packed up.

Hey Aggathor.

Why is the video down???  :)