Pokerguy12

Why do people celebrate updates like they are a good thing?

I'm not happy for this update because it improved things weren't necessary instead of adjust more important things or bugs that persists

Bugs and problems already seen on tests servers have been come here......i wanna invisible tuna everywhere!

Hello there

Firstly the tools to give proper feedback are there. Its up to the users to , well...use them. We point members to the bugtracker regularly.

Also, if one has read the stickies and rules one should already be aware of it.

Secondly the devs are aware of great suggestions here, as if they dont see them then we tend to pass them on as we are in touch with the devs on an almost daily basis (as well as the steam and Bis mods etc etc)

Patches are to be celebrated by many as it is noticable "movement" with the game. And many dont understand that just because a patch is not out that the progress has not stopped.

Future batches may and most likely will introduce more errors. Thats why we have this open test bedrock phase and the bug tracker. A bug that may slip through QA is certain to be picked up by the large test base.

Patches are good things, but expectations need to be managed.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Holy crap, do you guy's even get time to play these games, thousand's of post's moaning about this and that.

I play and enjoy all games, this is probably why my post count is so low.

STOP wasting your lives typing instead of playing...

Don't come back with "but we spent money on this", we all waste money all the time... :)

Op seems to have forgotten this is AN ALPHA.

Lol at this OP...

Why celebrate updates... seriously...this must be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on any forums.

You are assuming all updates have not further broken the game..... Such as the update that causes zombies to spawn on top of buildings out of thin air.....   So how is it dumb to not look forward to DayZ updates?  

Because the game is always having 5 steps forward, three steps back. With updates, comes more problems, but previous problems being fixed. Nothing implemented in software works correctly first time.

And how much of what is suggested and given as feedback makes it into the game, even a remote abstract version, there are thousands of posts detailing intuitive and brilliant systems and suggestions with many times good discussion that follows. Seems like a huge job for 1 single person working a 9-5 job to keep track of and relay to his buddies.

Thousands? LOL I highly doubt that exaggerated number.  Plus, alot of what is suggested isn't even remotely thought of as a community accepted suggestion. 

Empirical testing and the word of majority, im not going to take upon myself such an arduous and pointless task to prove something unanimously agreed on by the dedicated community, people only use the call of the burden of proof to discount extraordinary claims like the atheist-god debate, this is a widely known fact that patches introduce more problems than fixes...

Five dollar words don't impress me and they don't make you smarter. Your direct/indirect observation still requires the burden of proof. You want to prove something is true? You have to provide proof. Until you provide FACTS to support your argument, your just another Joe in the forum whinging about something you saw or think you saw.

I have no idea where you get that burden of proof is only related to an Atheist vs God debate. Simple research will show there are Legal, Philosophic, as well as Scientific classifications.

If you don't want to spend the time proving a point, keep it moving.

You play poker so I assume you know the term Full Tilt? That's the state your in right now. All in with 7-2 off-suit. Good luck with that and take care.

Since your too lazy to provide data, I did it for you. As of this patch there is 13 new additions, 31 fixed items, and 6 bugs. Thats about a 5:1 fix-to-bug ratio and thats not even counting the additions. Count those and its 7:1. Have a nice weekend!

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 1