Pokerguy12

Why do people celebrate updates like they are a good thing?

I mean every update introduces twice as many bugs/glitches/errors for as many new features added. The new features added even create more problems in some cases(ie: the current physics engine introduction). We can only dream of synchronization issues being remotely resolved in every patch from now on until 2016+, which will never happen. My point is, people unknowingly expect improvements and fixes to current issues with the added bonus of new content every patch and update, this is a delusion.

Firstly, i understand this is a alpha game and completely forgive the problems presented to us each patch. What we should be doing is focusing all our energies and efforts into aiding the BI team by pointing out issues and working together with them to find workable solutions. Its gets frustrating when a good whole majority of the threads here absolutely neglect the fact that this is an EARLY ACCESS game meant for us to fix game version issues TOGETHER with the developers. Hell most of the posts here are COMPLAINTS about an early access not working, which will NEVER WORK, until the game reaches the full release, i estimate 2 years from now.

I think part, well most of the problem is caused by BI's negligence at forming a user easy framework that allows developers to specifically communicate problems they face and the precise tasks they need us, the player base to complete for them. I won't go into possible reasons why they decided to release an early alpha program, meant expressly for a developer-community relationship aimed at a cooperative effort and not actually carry out the necessary steps for this to function(...$$$) Come on, look at the ratio of forum posters to those on Dayz feedback tracker, no one uses that thing, for good reason. Instead we have half the guys here complaining about well known issues and the other half making discussing about new content suggestions, neither of which are helpful to the current phase.

A logical and prudent step would be to have engaged the community on twitter/reddit/forums 4 months ago to work cooperatively with us, and at a concurrent dynamic pace. This type of relationship is only possible with a small well knit development team with a dedicated community, and if i recall they have intentionally kept the development group small and under the wise influential guidance of Master Hall for the benefits it allows, so why the SHELL has this not been done yet. The forums are a good waste of creative and problem solving brain energy, use it to improve the game.

"VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE DEAN HALL SAY ABOUT ITS POWER LEVEL."

AFTER 9000 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE EARLY ACCESS ALPHA

Edited by Pokerguy10
  • Like 1

The current system for bug reporting and 'voting' is too much of a hassle so I personally won't bother. This game has made a TON of money already. Many millions.....they can pay an admin or two to come to these forums and extrapolate what we post here in the way of encountered bugs. It's kind of a joke.

• Like 3

"Why do people celebrate updates like they are a good thing."

Because they ARE a good thing.

Edited by Murlough
  • Like 5

The current system for bug reporting and 'voting' is too much of a hassle so I personally won't bother. This game has made a TON of money already. Many millions.....they can pay an admin or two to come to these forums and extrapolate what we post here in the way of encountered bugs. It's kind of a joke.

If you would pay just a little attention you would notice that accolyte is around here every single day, posting feedback, helping people and passing on every single suggestion made by the communit.y

• Like 5

Have them finish the engine first and enter beta stage then people can ask for content or features. It's still to early to ask for things or "be part of the development" imo because beeing an "early access" player and "able to take part of in which direction the game has to go" is an illusion.

If you would pay just a little attention you would notice that accolyte is around here every single day, posting feedback, helping people and passing on every single suggestion made by the communit.y

And how much of what is suggested and given as feedback makes it into the game, even a remote abstract version, there are thousands of posts detailing intuitive and brilliant systems and suggestions with many times good discussion that follows. Seems like a huge job for 1 single person working a 9-5 job to keep track of and relay to his buddies.

happy-minions.gif

Thanks God, a new update!

dhi5tiendsn3.gif

updates are good, they make things better, fix problems, and bring new items.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 4

OP, you don't know much about game development do you? In early development stages, releasing patches that create new bugs is intrinsic within it. What you're seeing with DayZ is completely normal.

Wow.  The OP just said that each update creates more problems and avoids fixing most of the big problems...... But everyone so far keeps saying nothing is wrong and this is normal.  Am I in a fucking alternate universe?   

since i like pulling numbers out of my ass, i will grace you with an answer:

in 95% of gaming communities, merely 3-7% of the members are serious more than 30% of the time. Obviously, to improve the amount of viable feedback from this elite circle, you involve a larger amount of people.

so if we average a 5% share of testers who are not trolls, pathetic dumbasses, or self-obsessed smartcracks (that would be my category btw):

5% of 200 testers amounts to 10 people. 5% of 1,5mio testers are 75 000

now, i am not as good at maths as at posting irrelevant memes, but to me, 75 000 testers who provide possibly relevant feedback sounds better than 10 testers. many people see only the 95% of irrelevant posts here, or on reddit, or on any other medium. but from a dev perspective, you have that 5% of valuable input - plus the data collection from many thousands clients. definitely worth it.

oh and the updates? they are great, and reason for celebration. if you cant see why, well, explaining that to you is probably beyond even my extraordinary skills.

and since i know numbers and logic are tough shit, here a cute cat as compensation:

VuscHNO.jpg

Edited by e47
  • Like 5

From what ive seen around the forums and from perosnal experience, patches cause more problems than they fix things and the new content they deliver is usually nothing extraordinary, which of course also has its whole set of problems.

@hopix you need some improvement in your reading comprehension  :D

Edited by Pokerguy10
  • Like 1

I mean every update introduces twice as many bugs/glitches/errors for as many new features added.

Simply not true. There is something called the burden of proof.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, post every update with annotations of new bugs/glitches/errors that came with it.

• Like 2

From what ive seen around the forums and from perosnal experience, patches cause more problems than they fix things and the new content they deliver is usually nothing extraordinary, which of course also has its whole set of problems.

@hopix you need some improvement in your reading comprehension  :D

Care to provide an alternative to patches then?

Simply not true. There is something called the burden of proof.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, post every update with annotations of new bugs/glitches/errors that came with it.

Empirical testing and the word of majority, im not going to take upon myself such an arduous and pointless task to prove something unanimously agreed on by the dedicated community, people only use the call of the burden of proof to discount extraordinary claims like the atheist-god debate, this is a widely known fact that patches introduce more problems than fixes...

It's a well known fact because it is standard procedure in the industry.

The glass is just half empty for some people ...

And how much of what is suggested and given as feedback makes it into the game, even a remote abstract version, there are thousands of posts detailing intuitive and brilliant systems and suggestions with many times good discussion that follows. Seems like a huge job for 1 single person working a 9-5 job to keep track of and relay to his buddies.

There is such a thing as a bad suggestion, this forum is filled to the brim with them.

Lets keep this answer simple:

Because without updates all this game would ever be is an early release alpha.

Derp much?

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Alright I havn't said this in a while...

Every patch the different admin teams (physics team, zed team, weapons/loot teams, etc.) Put the things they have been working on into the game. So new stuff for us to find and play around with and TEST.

The new patches bring glitches because the game is currently in a TRIAL AND ERROR stage.

Anyone know what that stage is called?

Well it is called...

alphatext.jpg

For Good Easter's sake........if this is going to be the first of many times i am giving up all hope for the sake of the dayz community, 

Can. You. See. That. This. Is. not. a. complaint. thread.

"Firstly, i understand this is a alpha game and completely forgive the problems presented to us each patch."

Oh lord.

For Good Easter's sake........if this is going to be the first of many times i am giving up all hope for the sake of the dayz community, 

"Firstly, i understand this is a alpha game and completely forgive the problems presented to us each patch."

Oh lord.

Maybe a better title would get people to ACTUALLY read your OP? ..I know I didnt.  :|

Maybe a better title would get people to ACTUALLY read your OP? ..I know I didnt.  :|

You dont even read the post before replying to it but you just read the title......

The TLDR; i go into detail how BI has neglected its duty of working with the community and a workable model for dynamic cooperation for us to help them target specific issues with precise instructions for overall faster development that will eventually be more satisfactory to a larger group of the player base.

Edited by Pokerguy10

Oh lord.

Wtf?  So by your logic, ( and we have to throw out the idea that humans can test shit before going stable to even make your logic work)........  So because this is alpha........ Each patch should make the game worse like it has....... Until the magical day that the final patch is the official version of the game?   That makes no sense.   Logic says that core should get better, hitting my weapon hot key 10 fucking times to pull out a pistol should fucking go to a lower number....... Zombies should ghost through less walls, less invisible desync zombies should hit us...... Etc.    But you say seeing more guns each patch but more core issues is normal?  Sign me up for your alternate universe.  So my mortgage bank pays me in this backwards world of yours.

Well, I don't claim to be a developer or anything close, but to my current understanding, problems come about in new patches that were not always expected. So, onward to my point here, when adding new features (as everybody seems to only want this before bug fixes), problems arise from these new features which were not planned. Now, as everybody also states, it's early access alpha. Nobody has ever published a novel in the first draft, have they?

Lol at this OP...

Why celebrate updates... seriously...this must be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on any forums.

• Like 1