Kagayushi

What is wrong with this community?

Hey guys,

first of all sorry for that provoking title. 

I follow DayZ quite a while now. I played the mod in some early stages and I bought the Standalone shortly after early access release. 

But I am really disappointed by the standalone and it's community.

DayZ is all about surviving a zombie apocalypse. But where are the zombies? 

If you can play a Zombie-Survival-Game for about 1Hour, looting cities and stuff but not seeing a single Zombie somethings not right. It's not that it's a Server problem, I played on a lot of different Servers and I only saw a maximum of about 5 Zombies in a whole town. That'S just not what you should expect from a zombie survival game.

Ok let's face it .. it's an early alpha stage I get that .. but why is the DayZ Dev Team trying out 100 Player Server .. why not stick with 40 and increase the zombie count ? I don't want a war simulation with looting and here and there a zombie. I want a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME. I want to survive against zombies, team up against them, be forced to trust other players because zombies are the main threat. I don't want another ArmA3 with looting ... but it seems like I am the only one. I didn't see a single post neither here nor on reddit, youtube, twitter or anywhere else complaining about the lack of zombies in DayZ (btw. the Z maybe stands for Zombie? idk). And now with the approaching of DayZDevTeam to more players on one server and not increasing the zombie count I get a bad feeling about where this game is going.

I hope you read and understood what I wrote.

Have a nice day ^^

(Disclaimer: I'm german so please excuse my bad english skills. ) 

• Like 1

Zombie count should go up once the devs have fixed some server optimisation issues. For now, we just have to wait.

• Like 1

PvP is a large aspect of the game and currently working better than PvE. This is just my personal opinion but I believe that they may be trying to ensure that until they can hit the proverbial nail on the head with PvE they will try and give as much freedom for PvP as possible in the meantime.

Also I do not understand what this has to do with the community. Plenty of people want better PvE.

Edited by Rage VG

Kinda a rough patch in the relationship now.  ;)

Their is a lot of tension because everything is a little screwed up at this current moment. 

It will get better though. 

I agree; however zombies are broken right now. go shoot one and you'll find that you trigger a 100% inescapable string of zombie spawns. the same one will respawn over and over and over within 100m of you and imediately re aggro no matter how many times you kill it. if theres more then one and you dont have zombie un-accesible place nearby to wait it out your just screwed if solo. they realy dont seem to spawn untill you start to pull aggro.

also there needs to be support for group play in the form of construction (even if primative), storage, and atleast basic vehicles.

PvP is a large aspect of the game and currently working better than PvE.

Ok I can see your point but don't you think the DevTeam should use their time to work on the main aspect of the game (Zombies) ? 

If the player want pvp then why not play arma2 or 3 ? It's a much better pvp experience so why even buy a zombie survival game .. 

I really understand that dayz is still in an EARLY alpha stage and I also get that many things are broken. But why waste time with working on 100Player servers.

Edited by Kagayushi

Ok I can see your point but don't you think the DevTeam should use their time to work on the main aspect of the game (Zombies) ? 

If the player want pvp then why not play arma2 or 3 ? It's a much better pvp experience so why even buy a zombie survival game .. 

I really understand that dayz is still in an EARLY alpha stage and I also get that many things are broken. But why waste time with working on 100Player servers.

I don't think zombies will be polished until they're finished with adding buildings tweaking the lanscape. I thought i read that this was because it will be easier to mesh map (?) Everything at once. Once that is complete and the engine is optimized for a far larger number of zombies, we will get that side of the coin, the pve you speak of.

I imagine that going into a city will become a suicide mission, unless you have a team. Until then though, patience, patience, patience...

Oh fuck!   Someone is pointing out big problems with the game.      

• Like 3

There are MANY MANY posts about MORE zombies, BETTER zombies... Your opinion is everyone's general opinion.

xx pilgrim

Adding more zombies in their current condition would make the game almost unplayable. I prefer playing the game, so I have no problem with a limited amount of infected around. As of this morning, it is MUCH harder to kill a zed, even with a fireaxe, and if you had 3 or more on you, it would almost guarantee your death.

PvP is a large aspect of the game and currently working better than PvE.

In my opinion, PvP is just working better because currently there is absolutely no survival aspect given in this game at this time (apart from avoiding other players who might be a threat).

Furthermore I think that PvP on the experimental servers is just slowing down the development of this game.

I have connected to experimental servers several times in order to test new added stuff and to give feedback. This is nearly impossible as you have to search for the appropriate items for hours and maybe get killed by someone who just joined the experimental servers for PvP purposes or to f*** around with other players.

PvP on stable servers - of course, it's part of the game and shall be

PvP on experimental - just slowing down feedback and further development + raising unnecessary costs

• Like 1

Oh fuck!   Someone is pointing out big problems with the game.      

its alpha bro i said it first before others :lol:

meanwhile in thirsk on breaking point im fighting 200 zombies by axe!

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Not going to lie those zombie swarms are pretty amazing, not a threat at first but god when they bunch up...

some say "breaking point is a clone of dayz-mod" - but all in all, its quiet better than the standalone(in the moment)

some say "breaking point is a clone of dayz-mod" - but all in all, its quiet better than the standalone(in the moment)

Still using r4z0r49's and DayZ-Mod code, though. Just because it looks differently doesn't mean it is. Anyone can add new fancy 3D-models.

Still using r4z0r49's and DayZ-Mod code, though. Just because it looks differently doesn't mean it is. Anyone can add new fancy 3D-models.

ok - you are right. But you know for sure, that breaking point has:

- vehicles

- tents

- better zombies

- cooking+hunting

?

(I think that are some features that we don´t have here)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

ok - you are right. But you know for sure, that breaking point has:

- vehicles

- tents

- better zombies

- cooking+hunting

?

So does the DayZ Mod. Breaking Point is not using SA-code.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

So does the DayZ Mod. Breaking Point is not using SA-code.

for me personally, the vanilla-daymod was not bad, I play it still more than standalone...

Only bad thing is, that there are less players on mod... - people always move on, to something new, as (Epoch, standalone and breaking point)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

No nice people in DayZ get used to it.

it looks as good as standalone has none of the fps issues of sa. if its same code how can breaking point have 200 zombies infront of you but SA cant ?

it looks as good as standalone has none of the fps issues of sa. if its same code how can breaking point have 200 zombies infront of you but SA cant ?

Still using r4z0r49's and DayZ-Mod code, though.

Like I said, they're most likely making sure that people who enjoy the PvP aspect can still do so whilst PvE is workeed on.